Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
The Sun now owned by a Spanish woman?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/spanish-...127-18bf4.html

Quote:
Spanish woman takes a shine to the sun

November 28, 2010

MADRID: After billions of years the sun finally has an owner - a woman from the Spanish region of Galicia said she has registered the star at a local notary public as her property.

Angeles Duran, 49, told the online edition of El Mundo she took the step in September after reading about an American who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and several planets.

An international agreement states no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it apparently says nothing about individuals.

''There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law,'' she said. ''I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first.''

The document issued by the notary public declares Ms Duran to be the ''owner of the sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometres''.

Ms Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government, 20 per cent to the nation's pension fund, 10 per cent to research and 10 per cent to ending world hunger. She would keep the remaining 10 per cent.
Funny huh? Check this out.

Quote:
Article VI of the 1967 U.N. Outer Space Treaty

"States Parties to the Treaty shall bear international responsibility for national activities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, whether such activities are carried on by governmental agencies or by non-governmental entities, and for assuring that national activities are carried out in conformity with the provisions set forth in the present Treaty. The activities of non-governmental entities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, shall require authorization and continuing supervision by the appropriate State Party to the Treaty."
Laughing a bit harder now? Wait till you see this.

http://sorryalltheclevernamesaretake...r-damages.html

I haven't had a laugh like this since the beginning of my year at the uni.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 01-25-2011 at 12:05 AM..
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I use to think people claiming a star was kinda cool (often done in one of those romantic "I bought a star for you~" kinda scenario)

but then looking at that.. what's the point of owning something you can't even control?

but there was a recent thing here where the South Australian government wants to tax farmers that use water from their own rain water tank!!!

The government's trying to take ownership of the RAIN! beat that!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Rain? Pfft, I just claimed ownership of the Milky Way Galaxy and that chick now owes me 4.57 billion years worth of rent. Pay up or get off my lawn.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 01-25-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
Kaini
Gold Jewel Keeper

Kill The Pop ups Champion!Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Kaini - Nightshroud - Essai - Shandera
Current Level: 8x - 5x - 3x - 2x
Server: Epith (FTW!)
Kaini is on a distinguished road
HAHAHA AL GORE IS AN IDIOT

Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Pay up or get off my lawn.
xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help raise my baby dragons! :3 Click it~
Kaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Krowley
Huge Phinofly

In-Game Name: Krowley
Current Level: 92
Server: Bijou
Krowley is on a distinguished road
So....
Do we pay for sunlight now?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Tamashiiryuu
Cave Archmage Book

Carmageddon Champion!
Tamashiiryuu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by belaslav View Post
rain? Pfft, i just claimed ownership of the milky way galaxy and that chick now owes me 4.57 billion years worth of rent. Pay up or get off my lawn.
lmao!