Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Roxas1
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Roxas1
Current Level: 5x
Server: Teva
Roxas1 is on a distinguished road
What the deal with clerics stealing aggro when i tank

Ok if anyone has answer tell cause this kinds of annoys me cause i'm trying 2 lvl my friends who are low lvl clerics and their all the way in the back and yet they steal my aggro
Old 02-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Heals steal aggro.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
That just means they are spamming Heal, a lot, to steal aggro off of you. To fix that you need to kick way more often and/or go where they wouldn't have to heal you every 3 seconds.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Monsters view heals as personal attacks also. If a cleric is healing the tank a lot or even other party members, they run a chance of pulling agro.
When I am on my fighter, I make sure to hit taunt ever few seconds to keep the mobs agro. Just getting the agro at the beginning does not mean you will keep it. So, I try to make sure that I keep it at all times. Because sometimes, once you lose it, it is hard to get back, depending on who you lost it to.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Its harder to get agro back from different classes?! Thats a new one to me.

Can you explain that?

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I didnt say different classes. I said depending on who you lost it to.

Which means if it is a mage that is a higher level than you and throwing out more damage, it will be harder, if it is a cleric who is now hitting the mob because it turned on them, it will be harder. If it is an archer who does not throw out NP, it could be harder. Simply because we all continue to do damage to the monster, maintaining the agro.

I have been in plenty of KQs where the tank lost agro to me and I can see them taunting and mocking, and yet I keep agro. This also happens outside of KQs.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Oh the way it was worded i thought you meant different classes.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Yes, I have pulled aggro, but not because I want to, and Spirit tells me don't attack just keep healing and let the tank or mage take the aggro back, but yeah, I have pulled aggro many many times just by healing.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 02-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
SeikeiMurasaki
Mushroom

In-Game Name: SeikeiMurasaki
Current Level: 5X
Server: Apoline
SeikeiMurasaki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SeikeiMurasaki
Well it is a usual problem that all tanks have. I have a lvl 53 fighter and I party with a lvl 57 cleric and he doesn't steal aggro. If you are above lvl 43 you can have devastate* you use that then mock*. That will keep aggro on you. Also if you have a low lvl cleric you need to take them to an area that they can deal with such as if they are lvl 10 or below take them to Goblin Camp not Collapsed Prison or Vine Tomb. Moonlight tomb would work some what but in Moonlight tomb you aggro until lvl 45 on all classes. Goblin camp can be the same but if you do not have any quests for there then adding a lower lvl can actually boost your exp rather than take from it.

Also partying with members that hit more often and harder than you can be a problem also. Especially if they use scrolls I.E. Vitality, Aim, Evasion, Mentality, Shield, and Magic Defense. I have a problem keeping aggro when I am with a lvl 50+ archer do to the dots or skills they can have high dexerity and damage. But using a combo of confuse (stun)/Devastate (AoE** stun) and mock/snearing kick can help a great deal.

BTW Mock is more effective than Snearing kick. Snearing kick is a lower lvl mock. You need to get Mock the AoE** attack.

Hope this helps some. ^_^

*Fighter moves
**Area of Effect

SeikeiMurasaki Lvl 57 Fighter of Apoline.

Alts:
BloodySkye Lvl 35 Cleric of Apoline.
Seike Lvl 21 Mage of Apoline.
Seikei Lvl 10 Cleric of Bijou.

Current Location of SeikeiMurasaki is Uruga.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
akio950
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: yoshi_fighter
Current Level: 48
akio950 is on a distinguished road
well I'm pretty sure that heal attracts the monsters, so just keep mocking and taunting.
Closed Thread