Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
[Outspark] The OSKI: Chocolates and "Awesomesauce"

The Outspark Insider
August 28th, 2009
Fiesta Game News

And we're back!

Today's Outspark Insider is dedicated to the players who have inadvertently encouraged the use of "nom nom nom" and the word "awesomesauce" into my online vocabulary. Thanks... I think.

In an effort to ultimately hasten the repair of any major glitches and better communicate content development, some changes have been made to accommodate the needs of our players.

A small component of this change includes Snappo having graciously become the lead to communicate game related news from the world of Fiesta directly to our developer, so if you see him in game again, be sure to say hi.

Keep an eye out for a posting from SKiNG that will further elaborate the details of these changes.

Another minor change affected by this alteration is the format for The OSKI. Since Snappo will be the primary provider of the patch notes, I will be recreating it to include more community and event related components.

Events

The recent event that involved finding a GM proved to be quite fun for many of our users. As a result I'd like to incorporate similar events in our regular schedule, but the question remains: Passphrase or no passphrase? I thought it was fun to have one, but ultimately we can discuss on the forums somewhere whether or not it's better to have it.

I'll be including the following two quests into the event calendar very soon:

The Great Chocolate Hunt

This event entails the user locating the GM's vend and purchasing (for a single copper) two items, one of each, that will be on sale.

The event will start in Elderine, the vend will be accessible by anyone and will be setup on a random map in Isya. Don't be surprised if it's covered by a sea of slimes on your arrival though. Hints will then be given at the event start as to the locations of both the vend and the GM. Winners will get a prize when they return to the GM with the required items.

In Search of The Guardian Magi

This event will be a riddle based event. An announcement will be made and a single hint will be given in the meeting place at the start of the event. This hint will not be explicit in location but will contain a level of ambiguity in which the player must decipher in order to find the final location.

This event will award the first THREE players that find the GM.

Details for both of these events can be found in the Fiesta calendar.

In-game events that will be more "epic" in proportion will be coming soon as well so keep your eyes open for them.

Forum MVP

Thanks to everyone who participated in Nekopon's "For a Finished FanFic" contest last week. Congratulations to captaingammer and ShonenHero for your clever responses that were enough to entertain our judges for this event and chose you two as the winners.

This week's Forum MVP contest is centered around titling your community's upcoming Fiesta community newsletter. Winner of this gets a SparkCash item and all you need to do to participate is come up with a name! Head over to the forums to show off your naming skills.

"GM can u fix tower pl0x!?"

What has started as a small issue that was affecting the quest progression while in the nifty new Tower of Iyzel, has become a repeated question from every 5 or so shouts while a GM is online.

To give you all a simultaneous response, those who are responsible for its repair have in fact been working diligently on the matter. As some of you may have noticed with the latest patches, we've been minimizing the amount of fixes as of late. This is due in part that we've prioritized the fixes with the ones that we felt were more crucial up top, and that includes having to be sure that this instanced dungeon is functioning as it should and in the least amount of time possible.

We had incorporated a first stage of the fix in the last update, which included two updates to the tower, but the one that may prove to be the more noticeable fix that should clear up the remaining bugs will coming very soon. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

That's all for this week's Insider. Have a cookie, and see you in Elderine!

*nom nom nom*

-----

Source
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
joshbl56
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: Toasty_Cleric, Toasty_Fighter, Toasty_Mage, Toasty_Trickster, Toasty_Tanker
Current Level: 60, 32, 36, 20, 1
Server: Bijou
joshbl56 has disabled reputation
my first reaction: Theres someone named Snappo?!
my second reaction: wtf is nom nom nom?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light