Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
mattman1995
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: ChEeZe_doodles
Current Level: 70
Server: Apoline
mattman1995 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to mattman1995
[Idea] Price Check

I was thinking of an idea for the Fiesta Wikipedia to make a Price Check chart. A chart where people can check items selling prices and npc prices. And maybe have the chart for equips set up with a +1, +2, +3 so they can see how much each item is worth by how strong it is. The chart could be made if people were to input the values of each item, and maybe when 5 people put in a price for an item, they average the price out and put that in the table as the selling price. This could be done overtime, please feel free to ask questions and comments on this idea.
Job - Warrior
Guild - Innocence

Old 04-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think the reason to why we still haven't got a price check list on Wiki is because it's too complicated.

We've got 4 servers all with slightly different pricing.

Pricing fluctuates very quickly.

Different stats effect the price of Equipments a lot.

If we do +0 to +9 for each class, each level, each piece of equipment.. that'll be a lot of data for someone to analyse.

But if someone is happy to organise the mundane data, it may work and I would contribute.

We could POSSIBLY do it for materials =/ but we'll still need someone who's willing to update and put datas together to work on it.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road
you also run into problems like this:

I play a Fighter who groups with a Cleric and either a Mage or an Archer at all times. Of course I am the tank so I have a End/Dex build.

So using a 1h sword for example.

1h sword does me good due to my tank spec so I would pay more then my friend who solos and is str (26 spr). But the 1h Sword (lvl 50) has stats of +25 Str, +25 Spr, +25 Int. This is a perfect weapon, (stats can not go beyond 1/2 level) But myself not caring about the str/spr and what fighter needs int? would pass on this for a weapon of 1h +20 End, +20 Dex, +spr or str is a great bonus but it is just that a bonus.

As you can see the weapon in question would have a very low value in my book and my friend who is 2h, but to someone who is 1h Semi-tank would be ideal.

The only way what you propose could happen is if you went with the NPC base price. Then have a x,y,z% factor for the different type of Greens in the game. 5 or 6 per weapon each with different stuff. You really would just need x, y, and z% changes because of the way the items are set up. But each one of those names would have to have a increase in price due to the increase of basic starts. Then you would have to add a price for Stats, this would need to be done in stages. +int for anything but a staff and wand would be a 0. +other stat would have a set price either per point or % per point. A License that is uncompleted (without any +crit) would be a negative to points. +1 Crit +g%, +2 Crit +g.5%, +5 Crit +5g% style increase for the +crit. Any License other then the one giving the +Crit would be a negative point (this prevents someone from putting something they need on it to level up with). A +1 would have to have a +e% while a +2 would be even more all the way up to +9. Yes this would get very complicated very fast.

Armor is a different story, Green and NPC are the same except Green can have + 1/2 level stats. So you would again add the stats into this the same as before and the +1 - +9 as before. But if the green was without stats or +int while being non mage item then the price would have to be NPC price due to being the same as a NPC item.

Scrolls, Stones, and Potions could be done to a certain point but the only true way to do this is to take the price of items at Nina for the items for everything you make. This would cause these items to go up in price very much from where they are now when you start to think of how many tier 1 items you will have to buy (and then factor in the Composition price) to make one Tier 3 or 4 item.

Materials would be the easiest and to be truthful it should just be half of what Nina sells them for and what a NPC buys them for to be fair for everyone.

This is why noone has yet to do this, because it will have to be updated non stop and would also require a lot of time and input for people.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
In a game I used to play, someone coded a bot to walk around and check the prices of the items in the game from player shops, then dump it into a searchable database. You could do a search, it would pull up the item with the prices, location, and name of the player/shop. Granted, it was done with the blessing of the people running the server and had a speed hack on so it would sort of just zoom around.

Of course, if they ever get the auction house up and running this would all be moot.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
Bunjabuless
Slime

Bunjabuless is on a distinguished road
I was thinking of something similiar. Maybe not such a complicated database; more like general prices of common stuff like Elrues, Lix, Pots, Ores etc. This would help alot of people trying to sell/buy them buy don't know "proper" prices. Perhaps a VERY general guide for gear like "level 20 - 123G 123S 123C" and also something to help people estimate accordginly from that with a general rule apllying to all gear "+1 = 123" "+2 = 123" ... "+9 = 123". Though this will obviously not be accurate, it probably would help people get a rough idea.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Silent Wizard
Sand Mushroom

In-Game Name: Doylen, Slient_Wizard, Blue_Violet
Current Level: 110/110/110
Server: TEVA
Silent Wizard will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
check the prices of the items in the game from player shops.
For the above reasons what you propose, creating a price baseline, is too complex and dynamic to be anything more than a very general guideline for prices.

There can be great variance from day to day, shop to shop, and player to player.

For example, i recenty bought a 70 blue shield, i have seen these in shops for 15-20g. The other day someone shouted about one for sale so i wispered back "how much?". the reply was "make an offer", implying that they do not know what it is worth. I made an offer of 6g which she thought was too low(a nogotiation tatic) so i added a stack of t4 spd scrolls to the deal and got the shield. because i make the scrolls myself my out of pocket is low while to her a stack of t4 spd scrolls had great value.

I also got an 80 shield with 110% per my already discussed green rateing formula (stats devided by level) which defines it as godly from a shop for 1g.

When buying or selling it pays to shop and to know the market.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to disappoint you, but this (and in fact any others of this kind) is unfeasible.
  1. No one has systematic access to transaction prices
  2. Outspark may well implement auction
  3. Insufficient labour power to make wiki-style updates
Just to give an example of how it might work, the grand exchange of Runescape is an interesting one. However, that has the blessing of being integrated into the transaction process of every single trade through the system.

Suggestions involving this type of intimacy with game servers are best directed to here.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Closed Thread