Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
Lirange
Bad Kid

Wait.. when a women gets an egg fertilized, she chooses how many? Does one egg make one baby?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #22
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Well you would be killing something that will soon transform into a living being with a beating heart. And thats wrong.
I hope you can't vote yet. Just because something has the potential to become life, that doesn't mean stopping the process will kill it. If what you just said is true, last night I committed genocide that would make the Holocaust look like a tea party.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #23
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
She may not be jon and kate but its possible.
Get a nanny, her parents, close relative, friend to help you.
So what? She doesnt have money? thats no reason to kill babies. And plus the government is sure to help her and she will get donations from people. It may be hard but its the right thing to do
She's single, and jobless. She didn't even have her own home, she was living with her parents But since people were protesting in front of the house, she changed location.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to have kids. But if she does not plan on getting married, or finding some kind of partner to help her financially, she's going to have financial problems, and having a lot of kids is irresponsible. She already had 6, why would she get depressed because she couldn't conceive more? x.x Women her age have risks when bearing children.

I think she should do this all on her own. No help from the government. And just because she has family, it doesn't mean they should help her (as someone who is taking care of someone elses kids, I know). This was completely in her control and she knew the risks. Selective reduction may be looked at as wrong, but it isn't to everyone, I'm sure they'd follow the abortion laws. Basically... are scrambled eggs chicken? There is no brain or a heart. And even then... I think maybe she should have at the least, put some of them up for adoption, or the government should have taken them away. I rather abort a fetus if I knew I would be giving it a potentially horrible life. Children require attention and care. She said she holds the babies 45 mins a day each. Babies require more than that. They're human beings, who will have their own lives and become their own people, they're not a litter of kittens.

She has no home, no job... 14 kids, shes living purely off of donations and taxpayers money. Why should our money, especially in a time like this, go towards her?

This is why people think she's just looking for her 15 minutes of fame. She probably heard "cha ching" when the doctor told her she was pregnant with 8.

Last edited by Yosei; 02-27-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #24
Lirange
Bad Kid

Okay, i dont think i read the wiki carefully enough, i skimmed through it, because what i think is happening is she got pregnant and it turned out to be eight. Not that she chose to get 8 kids. If she chose to get 8kids then i have a whole different opinion on that.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 AM   #25
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
She did choose to have 8 kids.....

Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #26
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
She had six kids and THEN used invitro to have multiple embryos implanted, Lirange. This wasn't some miracle of natural occurance, here.

This is why her doctor needs to be punished harshly, and then his head should be put on a pike as a warning to others.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #27
Lirange
Bad Kid

OOOH. Okay ignore everything i said. What i thought was that she was trying to get prego with 1, and suddenly came 8. And i thought it would have been wrong to get selective breeding and yada yada ya.

But now, if she chose to get 8 children, then yes i think what she did was wrong.

Sorry, i got the story mixed up
Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #28
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Quote:
A part of her reasoning for attempting a sixth successful pregnancy was so that the frozen embryos wouldn't be destroyed. Six embryos were transferred and two embryos split into twins, resulting in eight babies.
... and she doesn't even have a job? Sure, the economy is in decline but that's more the reason to not have more kids.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #29
A_Forever
:w

I just hate to think that most of those kids will not get enough attention. =\

There's no way that mother can really show her love to each child individually. It can really screw a kid up if they don't get the affection they need..

/didnotreadthewholethread

Just wanted to post this because its what I thought about when I first heard about this on the news.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #30
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah... thats why I think the kids should be taken away from her. She has no job, no home, 14 kids, and only 24 hours in a day.
Closed Thread