Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #11
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.publishersweekly.com/arti...rles_atlas.JPG

Lamenting the fact that some people are dicks is an exercise in futility. It sounds like you're an easy mark. Until you learn to either deal with it or not let it bother you, you'll just be a ticking time bomb waiting for a little thing to push you over the edge into a Columbine type thing.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #12
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
http://www.publishersweekly.com/arti...rles_atlas.JPG
lol... the 50's = fail.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
You can explain certain bullying behaviours by looking at:

- They have a relative who is a bully and they learn from that person. For example, having a bully father can (but doesn't always) result in one's being a bully.
- One is treated badly at home and develops the nees to feel superior to others out of his/her home. Bullying is one "solution".
- One may treat you out of spite for your intelligence, achievements, etc. He/she envies you but has no means to compete with you, so in the best attempt to put you down, bullying is one such method.

By bullying, I don't just refer to "physical" but also "psychological". Verbal abuse is also considered to be a form of "bullying" if it causes you stress and/or trauma.

In one episode of Torchwood, a village is found to cannibalise travellers who happen to stop at their little village. The investigator questions one of the villagers because she doesn't get why a human can prey and kill and eat another human. She gets a simple answer: "Because it makes me happy". Bizarre, isn't it? But it's just how humans are. It's the variety. Sometimes it hurts.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #14
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well its not exactly quick witted. Really, most things that people pick on others for are uncontrollable things. Like when I was picked on for being chubby. I mean seriously, its not like I woke up one day and was like "I want to be fat! Gimme some cake!", I actually have a condition which farks up my metabolism. Don't make it sound like you're whining though. Shove it into their face that they do not know you, contadict any assumptions they make. And if they shove you, say something like "Oh real smooth, can't think of a decent come back? So you have to shove me? Oh please, keep acting like a 3 year old who hasn't had their nap." Also, if its during school, point out that you're not the one throwing away your education and future just so you can make yourself feel like a big kid. But really, if they cuss or shove you after a come back, that means its worked, they can't think of a come back or something logical to do (besides dropping it) so the only way to defend themselves is to cuss, the easiest verbal comeback, or they just get physical.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #15
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
You can explain certain bullying behaviours by looking at:

- They have a relative who is a bully and they learn from that person. For example, having a bully father can (but doesn't always) result in one's being a bully.
- One is treated badly at home and develops the nees to feel superior to others out of his/her home. Bullying is one "solution".
- One may treat you out of spite for your intelligence, achievements, etc. He/she envies you but has no means to compete with you, so in the best attempt to put you down, bullying is one such method.

By bullying, I don't just refer to "physical" but also "psychological". Verbal abuse is also considered to be a form of "bullying" if it causes you stress and/or trauma.

In one episode of Torchwood, a village is found to cannibalise travellers who happen to stop at their little village. The investigator questions one of the villagers because she doesn't get why a human can prey and kill and eat another human. She gets a simple answer: "Because it makes me happy". Bizarre, isn't it? But it's just how humans are. It's the variety. Sometimes it hurts.
1. The problem with that metaphore is that those villagers were probably isolated from society... these people, for the most part, are raised KNOWING this is wrong.

2. i never even TALKED to one of these people. my first interaction with him went something like this:

me: *standing in line for something*
kid: *yelling* move, *explitive involving a female dog*! D:<
me: ...wth? go to hell >.>
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #16
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
1. Um, no, the villagers are aware of society's values. They even have TVs, police, etc. All of them form this little tradition of preying on passer-bys.

2. Because you said "Go to hell", you became a target.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 AM   #17
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by lamchopz View Post
1. Um, no, the villagers are aware of society's values. They even have TVs, police, etc. All of them form this little tradition of preying on passer-bys.

2. Because you said "Go to hell", you became a target.
1. ok, i didnt know that, i've never seen that show.

2. i think what i was called warrants a bit of anger. me telling him to go to hell for cussing at me doesnt give him the right to push me around and call me names.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #18
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
^^; i guess it matters what kind of bullying your talking about. It definately matters what kind of person you are.

for me, im 12 and i actually get bullied(well more physical) by my friends.. i mean i know they are just playing around but they seriously hurt me.. (not like punching..but like twisting my arm and pulling my hair =/) im not exactly pretty or smart, and definately not that social.
when it comes to bullying with words, i just realize that they must be lonely/ have anger issues, dont understand how its sucks to be bullied, or they might have been bullied and want someone to share the pain O.0

as for physical i have no idea since i dont really have a comeback for that X_X

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #19
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I've never really been bullied before, but I think instead of acting on the bully first you should try changing your attitude. For example take revenge on them in little ways.. answers questions they can't, or solving a math quiz faster, or beating them in the mile, things like that. Even if you're emo, you should feel good if you do this.. o_o
And er, if they pick on you for doing those things, tell them to get a life. >_> Have some friends with you that will support you. Even if they don't say anything, just having backup makes the bullies more wary.

{ enraya ! }
Old 02-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #20
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
I can't really say I have the answer to your problem since I'm not quite sure what you're asking in the first place.

But I agree with Hrae when he says that it's about self-confidence. Maybe self-confidence isn't the right word here. But I do think you have to get past the point where you're put off by every little thing that the bullies do. If you become upset at what the bullies do, they win. All they want is to get a reaction out of you. You have to realize that what they do is because they have nothing better to do so they have to pick on someone in order to make themselves feel better. When you show that you don't really care what they do, they lose interest.

@cillia: Have you told your friends they need to stop hurting you? If you haven't, then tell them. If you have, then maybe it's time to evaluate who your true friends are. Joking is no longer joking if you're actually getting hurt.

Closed Thread