Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Bullying.

Many of you may not know this, and many more will not care, but im only 13, and therefore going through school and dealing with the usual things. bullies, jerks, etc...

I've noticed something. people treat others badly for absolutely no reason. it's not that im new to this... i've been bullied for a while now... i just dont understand why. why do people feel the need to treat others with hate, instead of kindness? why must people spread hate, not respect? and just as importantly, is there anything we (not meaning the small group in fiestafan, but the human race in its entirety) solve this problem? i know it's the key question of life, and it's always been asked... but... idk. i just dont understand why it's been accepted as natural to treat someone completely equal to you who you've never known as a sub-human because of looks, or because they unwittingly did something that annoyed you...

anyway, yeah... feel free to discuss. it would be much appreciated.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
The first thing you've got to do is have confidence in yourself. Bullies are pretty good at spotting weakness in others and exploiting it.

The next thing you need to do is find the biggest bully away from school and beat the hell out of him. A good swift kick in the nuts should distract him, then give a nice clean shot to the jaw. That should both a) show you aren't weak and b) give you a little more respect.

I was bullied up until 9th grade when I was just finally fed up with it. Some jock took my bag after gym class and threw it on the roof. I used the above method and laid his ass out on the pavement. I wasn't bullied after that.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
The first thing you've got to do is have confidence in yourself. Bullies are pretty good at spotting weakness in others and exploiting it.

The next thing you need to do is find the biggest bully away from school and beat the hell out of him. A good swift kick in the nuts should distract him, then give a nice clean shot to the jaw. That should both a) show you aren't weak and b) give you a little more respect.

I was bullied up until 9th grade when I was just finally fed up with it. Some jock took my bag after gym class and threw it on the roof. I used the above method and laid his ass out on the pavement. I wasn't bullied after that.
i'm sorry, but that simply doesnt work for me.

1. im a wimp.
2. violence with violence only makes more violence... Ghandi, Thoreau, Martin Luther King, and Jesus have all shown us that. if i hit them back, how am i any better than the bully? it's just giving into their will.

and as for self confidence.. im an emo O.o

And Edit: i'm looking for a solution to hate in general... this question has been plaguing me for a while... why cant we treat each other with respect? i mean, i understand arguments and stuff.... but why war? why hate? why greed? what's the point of it all?

all of the world's lands and resources arent worth a single person's life. why wage war for no real GOOD reason?

Last edited by Jikanu; 02-21-2009 at 12:43 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
i'm sorry, but that simply doesnt work for me.

1. im a wimp.
2. violence with violence only makes more violence... Ghandi, Thoreau, Martin Luther King, and Jesus have all shown us that. if i hit them back, how am i any better than the bully? it's just giving into their will.

and as for self confidence.. im an emo O.o

And Edit: i'm looking for a solution to hate in general... this question has been plaguing me for a while... why cant we treat each other with respect? i mean, i understand arguments and stuff.... but why war? why hate? why greed? what's the point of it all?

all of the world's lands and resources arent worth a single person's life. why wage war for no real GOOD reason?
Humans are self-aware primates, pure and simple. We've made advances in civilization despite this, not because of it. There is no "solution" to hate. It's part of the human condition. It's not pretty, but that's life.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #5
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Humans are self-aware primates, pure and simple. We've made advances in civilization despite this, not because of it. There is no "solution" to hate. It's part of the human condition. It's not pretty, but that's life.
I refuse to believe that. there have been great peacemakers in the past, as listed before, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jesus, etc... Regardless of religion, any sensible man would have to admit that world peace would be fantastic.

i dont get what the POINT of hate is. why feel contempt towards someone you don't even KNOW?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
Humans have an evil nature and are satisfied when they see someone suffer while they triumph and feel like they're the best. Simple.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Humans have an evil nature and are satisfied when they see someone suffer while they triumph and feel like they're the best. Simple.
*sigh*... but that's such a pessimistic approach... i mean... can't we change? cant we see that if we treated others differently, we could change things?

can't people treat others with respect?

EDIT: i dont believe we're evil by nature. i believe we're born pure, and then experiences and choices make us choose our path.

Last edited by Jikanu; 02-21-2009 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 01:14 AM   #8
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say humans are evil. Capable of evil, sure, but they aren't inherently evil.

It'd be great if everyone were all nice, but it just isn't stable. If everyone were a pacifist, one person could come along and subjugate everyone else. The population is better served by having a mix of the two.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I was bullied a lot when I was little. I was the little chubby kid. It was the worst in Middle School. I actually got picked on for being fat by a girl who was fatter than me o.O how that works, I dunno. But yeah. Never let it get to you. People who are like that usually have some inner anger issues or they're grudging someone. Like.. a bad home life. And sometimes, they just haven't been raised right. Their parents or guardians didn't teach them any better. How to respect people, how to judge people, etc. Does that give them an excuse? Of course not.

What I did was treat them like they were retarded. Like, example:

Guy: *snork* Hey, eating that isn't going to help you lose weight.
Girl: Excuse me? Did I say I was trying to lose weight? No, I didn't. Was I even talking to you? Of course not, because that would be a waste of my time now wouldn't it? Yeah, because I'm just way too busy working on being fat because I just want to be that way. *smiles* *gives him the finger* *turns away*

Stuff like that usually shuts them up. Especially with me, I was quiet, but then when someone would say something mean to me like that, I would just simple belittle them right back. When they pick on you, they are expecting you to shy away, panic, cry, etc, whatever makes them feel like the bigger person.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #10
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I was bullied a lot when I was little. I was the little chubby kid. It was the worst in Middle School. I actually got picked on for being fat by a girl who was fatter than me o.O how that works, I dunno. But yeah. Never let it get to you. People who are like that usually have some inner anger issues or they're grudging someone. Like.. a bad home life. And sometimes, they just haven't been raised right. Their parents or guardians didn't teach them any better. How to respect people, how to judge people, etc. Does that give them an excuse? Of course not.

What I did was treat them like they were retarded. Like, example:

Guy: *snork* Hey, eating that isn't going to help you lose weight.
Girl: Excuse me? Did I say I was trying to lose weight? No, I didn't. Was I even talking to you? Of course not, because that would be a waste of my time now wouldn't it? Yeah, because I'm just way too busy working on being fat because I just want to be that way. *smiles* *gives him the finger* *turns away*

Stuff like that usually shuts them up. Especially with me, I was quiet, but then when someone would say something mean to me like that, I would just simple belittle them right back. When they pick on you, they are expecting you to shy away, panic, cry, etc, whatever makes them feel like the bigger person.
but im not that quick witted... i can think of stuff later, but im not good under pressure x.x

and when i DO say something witty, they push me and cuss me out ._.