Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #11
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

Just a bother for those who cannot buy it legally if it is legalized ;P
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 AM   #12
A_Forever
:w

Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Also Hrae I already know your eyes arnt shut, and your
pretty smart and open to the ideas.. I really want someone like Loki or
Liz or the people that think its like the " devil grass " to watch it and
change there views. Because when they interview the randoms on the street
i was honestly disgusted at what people thought about pot and users.
Excuse me? LOLOL

Ahaha. Wow. That kind of pisses me off.

I think it should be legal. You mentioned me just because I posted that link to above the influence stuff, didn't you? I told you that I didn't agree with the commercials about pot. You need to pay attention. I don't care either way..

I'd rather it be legal than illegal, but as of right now its illegal.

And no, I will not be watching that video because I don't give a damn. I don't plan on smoking pot in my life time, but I know people who have and do and I don't judge them for it in anyway.

Tch.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #13
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Why would it be a bother? It's a hell of a lot harder to find a dealer these days (at least around here) than it would be to pick up a few joints at a 7-11.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #14
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

LOL not hard to find a dealer out here as I live in BC :P

And liz I never mentioned you cause of those videos and I had
no idea wether you were against it or not. I was using an example
because your someone more innocent. Though I should not have used names but felt I had to.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #15
A_Forever
:w

Right.

Well next time, don't use me as an example because of how young/innocent I am. And especially don't use me as an example without knowing where I stand.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #16
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Link doesn't work for me.

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #17
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Before I post, I'll say yes I'm watching it, I'm at 17:21.

The reasons I am against doing drugs, and yes, I do consider marijuana a drug, is because:

1. Its illegal. So what if people want it legal? Obviously the government isn't changing their mind anytime soon. If its illegal... its illegal. Its just a plant, a plant that does effect people in idiotic ways. Go smoke an apple, go smoke a cigarette. Why would you want to risk getting arrested for something so little?

If your record is screwed up and you can't get a job because you wanted to get high... well good for you.

2. What I've experienced.

I am not a sheltered little girl whose going by the media.

I lived in a city where drugs were a common thing. I could tell anyone where they could get drugs, even as someone whose never done them.

I have friends who started with marijuana and got inspired to try new things. Why? Because they got high from it, and they wanted to see how the others would make them feel. Some stuck with pot, some did a number of things. But they all had the same retarded traits that I see in most potheads I've met. No, it probably isn't permanent, no it probably isn't going to physically harm them, but it does make them idiotic in many ways.

My sister smoked pot all throughout her teens to the time she went to prison (shes 28 now). Her house often reeked of it. And yes, she got into other drugs, such as acid, heroin, and crack. Yes, she got addicted. Yes... she screwed up my life, hers, and our families. She's almost gotten killed 3 times over this stuff. She's tried to convince me to go buy stuff for her from dealers she owed. She neglected her children and lost them. I've had people tell me that it takes moderation, she got addicted, there are ways to not get addicted, but who the hell does drugs to get addicted? No one.

My point being is that it is not worth it in the long run and with the risks that come with it.

Trying it or doing it once in a blue moon is fine by me, or for medical purposes, okay, but if you're smoking it like you drink your coffee or its almost the only way you can enjoy yourself and have a good time... thats different. I am the same with alcohol before anyone starts thinking I'm being judgemental towards just marijuana.

I do not need a chemical or something illegal to relax or have a good time.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-26-2009 at 04:13 AM..
Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #18
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Before I post, I'll say yes I'm watching it, I'm at 17:21.

The reasons I am against doing drugs, and yes, I do consider marijuana a drug, is because:

1. Its illegal. So what if people want it legal? Obviously the government isn't changing their mind anytime soon. If its illegal... its illegal. Its just a plant, a plant that does effect people in idiotic ways. Go smoke an apple, go smoke a cigarette. Why would you want to risk getting arrested for something so little?

If your record is screwed up and you can't get a job because you wanted to get high... well good for you.
That's a fine bit of circular logic. The law should be obeyed just because it is the law? The law can't be wrong or unjust? If everyone held that view, we'd still have alcohol prohibition, we would still own slaves, and women wouldn't be allowed to vote.

"So what if people want it legal?" In a republic, the will of the people should be expressed by their representatives. Granted, this doesn't always happen, but if enough people are educated about the topic the debate can continue on. That's one of the big problems these days...the debate doesn't happen. Everyone just takes the word of an authority figure without doing their own research.

As for your sister, I sympathize with your situation. The root cause of her problems, however, aren't due to using weed or other drugs, but the misuse of them. I've known people who have done terrible things due to addition to gambling, alcohol, sex, drugs, hell, even video games. This is a problem because some people are more prone to addictive behavior. People that do responsibly use shouldn't be punished because some people aren't able to.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #19
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Not a sheltered girl, but has clouded eyes.

Quote:
Watch further and look at the people who smoke pot, people in positions of power.
My mother smokes pot and makes 140k a year and has a record.

Smoking a ciggarete is nothing like smoking a joint, and since you have
not smoked weed before your in no position to judge there.
Weed lifts my spirits, relaxs me, and has little different effects in others and is a COMPLETELY different effect then smoking a smoke. And as for an apple thats just stupidity.

And as for the risks you talk about with your sister?
Thats obviously her personality, thats a personal fuckin choice to go smoke jib or crack. Everyone makes there own choice pot doesnt choose for you.

Great quote from that movie something like alcholhal is my drug of choice, can we say it started from me drinking milk as a kid?

All in all I appreciate the fact that your watching the movie yosei and expanding your views on weed.

And I smoke weed everyday, almost all day but I do
not need it either to enjoy myself, though I prefer smoking it.

Its like saying do you need video games or the computer to enjoy yourself? or do you need a massage to relax?

Last edited by MikeyG; 01-26-2009 at 04:24 AM..
Old 01-26-2009, 04:58 AM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
And what exactly does your mom do? A good chunk of jobs with interaction with other people, require urine tests. My sister and her husband made decent money as well, her husband got fired from a job once for failing a urine test, and was forced to go "independent". Don't know if he's managed to get a job since, last I saw him, he didn't have a job. My dad was a taxi driver, it was amongst the few jobs that could fit the kids schedule, but he got fired because my sister left pot in his car, and since he had that on his record, he could no longer get a job as a taxi driver. It was 6 months before he could finally find a job.

I've had friends freaking out or avoid applying for a job because their jobs required them to have one.

And comparing equal rights laws to marijuana laws is a bit extreme IMO. I'm not saying you should always agree with the law, hell, in Virginia, its illegal to have sex in any other position other than missionary. Do you see people in VA making a fuss about it? Its a private thing, keep it to yourself, do it if you want, but if you want it to be something just out on the streets, then people are going to take it differently. But my point still stands, its just a plant, a plant we don't have to have, so who cares if its illegal? Its not the end of the world. But if it discourages even just one person from experimenting with that type of stuff and potentially ending up addicted, if its one less addicting material available to us up front, then I'm fine.

Why don't we make alcohol and cigarettes illegal instead? ;D People can learn how not to be dependent on such things.
Closed Thread