Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
koager
Prisoner

In-Game Name: Krashaken
Current Level: Squishy Kitty wizMage
Server: Epith
koager is on a distinguished road
Prohibit Divorce Now

ish true~
and lets make a law to prohibit polygamy too
lol funny parody~

the comments people leave underneath the video are quite amusing too

Last edited by koager; 12-09-2008 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: changed the link to youtube instead of ForD
Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that people nowadays are looking at marriage too lightly, and it seems like 40% (?) of the relationships ends in divorce...

but.. I dont think prohibiting divorce will solve this problem.

People want a divorce because they cant stay to live with each other anymore, if you don't let them get out and the relationship gets even worst, who's to say that's better for the children?

People need to be educated on the value of marriage. Pre-marriage councilling should be a good start, i believe those councilling addresses issues that people need to consider before rushing into the "i dos"

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
People need to mind their own business.

Instead of worrying about divorces breaking up families they should go home and take care of their own families.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Divorce certainly should NOT be banned. If 2 people find each other incompatible, sure, it's their mistake, but you can certainly set things right. You think it's better for them to spend their life bickering than for them to end it if they want to?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
There are also a handful of married couples who agree they had a good one xx number of years together but decide that they go on separate ways. It happens with any relationship and prohibiting those sort of people will be just as bad too.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Here is one for you. Let’s say that you get married at a young age. After the first few your husband starts drinking, a few months later you notice that it is quite a lot that he is drinking. Let’s throw in the factor of a child. And let’s also say that the wife has a job that requires her to work late at night. She is constantly coming home to the house being a mess, her husband passed out drunk on the couch and her child still running around at midnight with a dirty diaper. Let’s say she tries to talk to the husband, ask for them to go to counseling, does everything that she knows to do.

Let’s also say that one night at midnight she is driving home from work and her car runs out of gas in a very shady part of town. She calls her husband to come get her, but her husband is so drunk that he is not even coherent on the phone. She ends up having to call her mother and wake her mother up in the middle of the night to come rescue her.
Things like that keep happening and piling up, then he makes a new friend and starts hanging out with this new friend all the time, staying over at his house and only comes home 2 or 3 nights a week. When she tries to talk to him about it, he blames it on getting married right out of high school and not having a chance to live his life. He refuses to change. He refuses to work with her.

Should she be required by law to stay with this person? Should she spend the rest of her life worrying that one night she is going to get a call from a police officer saying that her child has suffered a horrible accident because her husband was too drunk to react fast enough to save him? Should she e required by law to spend the rest of her nights tossing and turning and wondering if he is really over at Josh’s house, or is he really over at Judy’s house and Josh is covering for him?

Or what if after the first year, the husband starts beating the wife and becomes very controlling over her? What happens if one day the husband turns his anger on one of the children?

Should the child and/or spouse from this marriage be forced to stay in any of these situations? Sometimes divorce and growing up in a split family is not the worst thing that could possibly happen to a child. Sometimes, divorce gives the child a chance.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 12-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation
No I don't think prohibiting divorce is a solution.

I was working at a wedding reception as a bartender and the bride and bridesmades were at my bar getting drinks and the following conversation happened:

Bridesmade: I can't believe you got married. It is so exciting. I didn't think you were the marrying type. He must be really special.

Bride: Well it all just kinda happened fast. He asked me and I thought what the heck if it doesn't work out we can just get a divorce.

Me:

LOKI Thanks!!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@ Manzcar: That's a horrible mindset to get into a marriage for

I believe its for people like that, that this campaign thing came out...

but banning divorce for everyone is hardly a solution to anything...

Eliminating an outcome (divorce) does not make the process (marriage) better...

EDIT: I just read some of the comments under that youtube video...

"Divorce is killing a marriage" WTH?!

eh.. no.. the COUPLE who didnt work out killed the marriage.. divorce is a process, or a result... not a thing for someone to blame it on....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 12-09-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 12-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Wow Spirit... that's... detailed, to say the least ._.

Divorce shouldn't be banned, neither should Gay marriage, but it did, who knows what these people will vote for.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

is that prop a joke btw??

coz.. they cant even spell marriage on youtube...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread