Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #51
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Last thread warning. Bring some maturity in here or take the insults out with you please. I will close this thread if there are any more insults. And more infractions will be handed out if it continues.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #52
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Carmasa View Post
Exactly. They're unrelated, unless you look at the candidates POV. Barack was pro gay rights, and I didn't hear much about McCain's POV.
Here's the quote. I was just trying to point out McCain's attitude towards something you obviously feel strongly about. And you respond by saying you don't give a shit.

From the link I gave you, it's clear that McCain is proud of having started something that's about the equivalent of Prop. 8 in Arizona.

Alright then, I won't bring Obama into it. It was you who brought him up first anyway, but I won't bring him up again. Okay?

So what is it you want to discuss with this thread? It turns more and more into a "Who knows the most expletives?" contest.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #53
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Kyushiro View Post
Really prop 8 was kind of useless, gay people can still become domestic partners and get every right as a married couple, they just can't have like a legal marriage.
I know that a few yesrs ago, my insurance plan at work changed the wording to allow coverage of "partners" as long as you could prove that you were living together as a couple for a certain amount of time. This includes same-sex couples and simply "common-law" couples.

I will point out before I write my next part that I am staying nuetral on this matter, I am simply trying to point it out from all views.

However, the laws still prevent same-sex marriages. It may not seem like a big deal to some, because they can still live together and do eveything as a couple. However, a man and a woman have the right to choose to live together and be recognized as a common-law couple or get married. The laws do not state we have to go one way or another. Yet, with same-sex couples, they do not have that choice and are denied that option. I think that it is more od the principle than the action. Yes, they can still live as a couple, but they cannot make the choice, they are forced to do it that way.

It is the choice they want. To be able to say yes or no to actually getting married. Even though they can still reside as a couple without marriage.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #54
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Here's the quote. I was just trying to point out McCain's attitude towards something you obviously feel strongly about. And you respond by saying you don't give a shit.

From the link I gave you, it's clear that McCain is proud of having started something that's about the equivalent of Prop. 8 in Arizona.
Yeah, I don't understand it either.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #55
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
all prop 8 does is define the word MARRIAGE(did I spell it right??), but because it no longer sees marriage as same sex, those gay and lesbian people will be left out on tax deductions for marriage, oh and same sex couples cant adopt kids anymore...I think....well it depends on the state....I think its CALIFORNIA
Old 11-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #56
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
No. Those are two different issues.

Prop 8 was only concerning marraige in California.

The ban on adoption for gay couples was in Arkansas.
Closed Thread