Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #21
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

No, he is not old enough to vote. But, if something is passionate to you and you cannot vote, don't tell people NOT to vote. Encourage those that can vote to vote. Use your voice through them.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
That's true, I misread and thought y'all were saying he should have voted if he cared.

But yeah, if he cares he should be encouraging people to get out and vote, and not telling them to "don't vote".

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Arkansas passed a law banning unmarried cohabitating couples from adopting children. Its specifically to target gays but since it doesn't directly mention gays, its not discriminative.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G

Last edited by secbro20; 11-05-2008 at 02:21 PM..
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #24
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
i call unfair quote on hraes D:<. that was the presidential election.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 11-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
There's still no reason to discourage anyone to vote for any reason. Period. Especially when one isn't even old enough to vote yet. Sometimes I think we should raise the voting age to 25. Damn kids need to get off my lawn, and other grumpy old man cliches.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
There's still no reason to discourage anyone to vote for any reason. Period. Especially when one isn't even old enough to vote yet. Sometimes I think we should raise the voting age to 25. Damn kids need to get off my lawn, and other grumpy old man cliches.
i just have low expectations for all politicians

and old men should just put up fences D:<

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Old 11-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah, if you don't vote, then you can't grumble at the outcome. If you can't vote, I don't know what you should do.

And kids will just jump the fence :P

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #28
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Sad thing is that with most elections in this country it is just a process of elimination since there is rarely, if ever, a good option.

As for amendments and such, sad thing is too many people vote on these when they have no clue what it is about or the impact of the outcome.

And old men should be inside taking a nap and leaving the kids alone.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #29
A_Forever
:w

So, I went into school this morning and went into my first room(I say room, since its Assembly and is in the lunchroom >.>'' I dunno. Shh).. the guy that does the computer stuff at my school was in there on the phone with his girlfriend and a kid I know was in there too. I sat down and sorta kinda listened to the guy's conversation. I caught the words gay marriage and then I hear, "It has been banned in Florida. They voted on it recently."

I'm not sure if this is true(Right now too lazy to look it up) because I didn't hear about it all. You'd think it'd be on local tv or something, but I didn't see or hear anything about it here in Florida.

I am for gay marriage. If thats who a person is and they are happy then its all good to me.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #30
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
i call unfair quote on hraes D:<. that was the presidential election.
Exactly. They're unrelated, unless you look at the candidates POV. Barack was pro gay rights, and I didn't hear much about McCain's POV. BUT- I found this was strange.
Originally Posted by By LISA LEFF, Associated Press Writer
Exit polls for The Associated Press found that Proposition 8 received critical support from black voters who flocked to the polls to support Barack Obama for president. About seven in 10 blacks voted in favor of the ban, while Latinos also supported it and whites were split.
I hear from people that most blacks did infact vote for Obama?

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
There's still no reason to discourage anyone to vote for any reason. Period... Sometimes I think we should raise the voting age to 25.
The old generation of ignorant Christian intolerant homophobes is fading. The younger you are, the more passion you have [ages 15-40ish].

Damn fossil, get out of the polls, roll over and die already.

Originally Posted by Lady-Loki View Post
And old men should be inside taking a nap and leaving the kids alone.
Amen, Loki. For the kids, by the kids. We're tolerant, you're obviously not, fossil.

Originally Posted by A_Forever View Post
I am for gay marriage. If thats who a person is and they are happy then its all good to me.
I'm gay, and I wish I wasn't. I don't like being gay, and I think the majority of bi/gays would rather be straight. Why would we want to be something that people will torment us about?
Closed Thread