Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:59 AM   #11
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath

That too.

I don't like how the question was written. It was very counterintuitive.

You wanted to vote no, to say yes to gay marriage....

very confusing.

But I think it was purposely written like that for political purposes.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #12
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
can you recall the exact wording of the question and the choices given?

-------------------------------------------------
Old 11-05-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
No.

Because I didn't vote on it.

But my state had a similar proposition a couple years ago and my sister got confused because she wanted to allow gay marraige so she voted yes. But the question was whether there should be a gay marraige ban or not and she meant to vote no.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #14
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
I thought with a question that asks "this or not", you're meant to say "yes" if you want it "this" to happen and "no" if you don't.

/or has I bean mistaken?

-------------------------------------------------
Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
Esen
Mini Jewel Keeper

In-Game Name: Kayem
Current Level: 5X
Server: Teva
Esen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud ofEsen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Esen
This is what Prop 8 in California said:
Quote:
Eliminates right of same-sex couples to marry. Initiative constitutional amendment. Changes California Constitution to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry. Provides that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California. Fiscal Impact: Over next few years, potential revenue loss, mainly sales taxes, totaling in the several tends of millions of dollars, to state and local governments. In the long run, likely little fiscal impact on state and local government.

zZzZzZzZz
Dragon Cave
Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
But...in the other thread, Carmasa, you told everyone not to vote. But you care about the results of this vote. Doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by Carmasa View Post
DON'T VOTE >:O
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
You don't have to rub it in, Hrae.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #18
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Actually Hrae has a good point. If you care about an issue, Vote. Also encourage people to vote. Don't tell people not to vote, try to get more people to vote.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe Carmasa is old enough to vote yet. I base this on a recent post he made in the other Prop 8 thread about his parents. So, unless I am mistaken, then all he can do at this age is encourage others to vote.

As for Prop 8 passing and the affect on Carmasa, again, assuming I am not mistaken regarding his age, then there is always the chance it could go back on a future ballot and he could then be more active in the outcome.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yup... 10 years from now, it could be a whole different outcome. Things like these will always come in and out until people get what they want.
Closed Thread