Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Suicide

Just a couple of days ago a man in his mid-30s committed suicide. Sources say that he had ran up the escalator, turned around and jumped off the third floor. The reason was losing stock.

------

On that day my mom and I arrived at the mall to find that the doors were locked. Since the doors were made of glass we peeked inside wondering what was going on. It was too early for the mall to close. We found a group of officers around a tarp covering something... we knew something had happened but we never expected it to be something as serious.

We saw that there were some people still in the mall so at the time we thought maybe it wasn't anything at all. So we went around to see if we can enter. Went through a side door into a store to buy a few things. After the check-out curiosity got the better of us and we peeked from the second floor down at the tarp. I didn't take a real good look cause I thought it was something I shouldn't see... desensitized as we are already with TV and movies it was still shocking to see a hand peeking from underneath. It was obvious someone had died...

Just had to get it out cause I think I'm still a bit shocked to have seen it so close.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
hmm yeah that must have been quite horrific... usually we just see it on the paper and stuff and you don't feel it as much...

even a dead bird on the road i feel a shiver down my spine.. let alone... a human being that just took his life away..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 AM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah... it can be a real smack of reality. I myself do not agree with or believe in suicide as an alternative solution to troubles. My opinions and views on it would tick some people off.

Some people can be insensitized to that stuff though. My dad used to deal with dead bodies everyday. Murder, suicide, natural causes, it was his job to go clean up the body and transport it to whereever they needed it to be sent. I of course couldn't do that. He once tried to pick me up from my friends with a body in the back of his van x.x
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 AM   #4
irroc29
King Crab

In-Game Name: Sagarra; Koira
Current Level: 7x; 5x
Server: Epith!
irroc29 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to irroc29 Send a message via MSN to irroc29 Send a message via Skype™ to irroc29
A foreign exchange student was walking across the street at a local college and was hit by a car and we just so happened to be grocery shopping nearby. Well, when we were leaving-- traffic was obviously starting to get backed up (I think we were pulling out like.. less than a minute after the boy got hit) and as we were trying to get out of the parking lot.... we saw everything.

And I'm talking brutal.

He was like... wrapped up in between the tire of the car and the frame. It was one of those things that was so disgusting, it actually made you look away instead of keep watching. It was horrific.

I know how you feel. :/

Old 10-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

And that day my mom had asked if I want to go out shopping with her and I was being a bit lazy and took some time getting ready. If I had been ready to go earlier... I don't think I could've taken it if I had been there when it happened.

The crazy thing is that I went to the mall couple days later. It was as if nothing happened. No body knew about it except the people who were there... and the body had been right in-front of their mock haunted house display for children. It sent shivers down my spine when I saw a family go over that very spot...
Old 10-31-2008, 02:35 AM   #6
irroc29
King Crab

In-Game Name: Sagarra; Koira
Current Level: 7x; 5x
Server: Epith!
irroc29 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to irroc29 Send a message via MSN to irroc29 Send a message via Skype™ to irroc29
It's so amazing how the world keeps going, isn't it?

Old 10-31-2008, 02:38 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

Yup. It is.

It's not just suicide though... cause a classmate of mine used to live in this apartment and a shooting occurred in the elevator. Several gun shots and he had to be checked going in and out of the building. You never notice these things or really "care" until it happens very close to you.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Then again, when it comes down to it, its just another part of life. A sad part, but just a natural part of life. I just wish people wouldn't result to killing themselves to fix their problems.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:46 AM   #9
Loveless
Super Moderator

My opinion about suicides will probably get some upset too. I am against such actions to "solving" problems.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 AM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I know the Hong Kong Police has a team of people trained to try talk suicidal people out of suiciding...

watched a recent documentary on it, its quite amusing... they spend like 3-4 hrs talking and just trying to get a guy to either open a door, drop the knife, or get off the balcony....

and most of the time its just moments or thoughts that flew pass their mind that decides if they live or die...

One of the guy was holding a knife and the police was trying to talk him into putting down the knife.. and he was just saying "he's telling me to stab myself... he's telling me to stab myself"

they reckon he was under the influence of alcohol and was hearing things... its was not a "i think i should stab myself" it was "he's telling me to stab myself"

=/

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread