Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #61
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
If they have no problems with accepting a being outside space, time and our comprehension, then why can't they accept that the universe is endless? (Mind you this is not a theory that I'm advocating, I'm just showing that it has as much evidence as a theory about god). I find it hard to believe that so many people across the world are willing to subvert their intelligence to a being that supposedly, "we cannot comprehend". If your friends like to bring up that everything has a beginning and an end, ask them how god "began" and when he will "end". God began in our minds, and I can only hope he will end soon.
Out of all the things being argued, struck me as something I would actually comprehend .___.

I remember talking about this a month or so ago in Science class briefly ... I think I was the only one that paid attention LOL (morning class, yay =w=)

I think what I'm most afraid of is watching the scientists fail. If their theory happens to be right, but something in there malfunctions and even after many tests they don't set it right and believe it to be the truth, we can literally throw out our textbooks o.o (or so our science teacher says, haha). The knowledge that we could lose what we've studied for so long kind of scares me. What the hell would we do in science class for the rest of our lives? If another thousand years or so down the road we find our setback was because of some crappy engineer or a sleepy scientist, I don't even want to imagine what the reaction would be lol.
As for the Big Bang and God theories, I personally find it hard to believe in either o.o I’m young compared to most people on FF, so I don’t know as much, but I just think it’s hard to think about something like that. Both theories are too flawed it seems, even if they have good evidence. There’s some easy, simple questions that neither can answer. Big Bang is easy to accept because it seems logical. Creationism is harder because we’re too sceptical.
I’m actually interested in what the LHC will bring, haha. Hope it works.

{ enraya ! }
Old 10-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #62
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
You're about as young as me which is why you probably understood my post LOL. Anyways, yeah, Big Bang isn't infallible, and neither is Creation, but of the two, I think the Big Bang will win out eventually. Even if it doesn't, the Church has been losing ground steadily. When it said that the solar system was geocentric and it was proven wrong, it didn't make a whole lot of people give up on Christianity, in the same way, if science makes a mistake, it can't be denounced completely.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Last edited by Vasu; 10-13-2008 at 03:30 PM..
Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #63
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post

Big Bang is easy to accept because it seems logical. Creationism is harder because we’re too sceptical.
(emphasis mine)

There is no such thing as being "too skeptical".
Old 10-15-2008, 05:15 AM   #64
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
(emphasis mine)

There is no such thing as being "too skeptical".
That is indeed an interesting point.

I'll come back when I recoup some sleep and clear my mind. =P

-------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread