Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #31
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

There are more or less some spam posts in here. Keep in mind this is Mature Discussions and you should be showing some more thoughts in your post. 1-2 lines isn't really enough. Quality over quantity, but some of the 1-2 line posts in here show no thoughts, or not explanation of thoughts.

I will be deleting spam posts if any more does occur.

---

Back on topic...

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
Infected, but not killed. If you get the proper medical care, it shouldn't be a huge problem unless you're very young or very old, or else more fatalities would've occurred in the U.S.
I find that kind of view point for something like this rather disappointing. It may not be "fatal", but if people don't get the sense of "danger" with this flu, people who may be infected will be outside, being careless about hygiene, increase the rate of spreading the virus. The last thing you need is more people "infected". Since a vaccine has not been developed yet, the only thing we could really do is to minimise the number of infected people. I honestly don't see the benefits in letting this go as a "normal flu period".

Like someone said earlier, I personally think it's better to "over-react" than to treat this as something minor. Besides, I don't really think it's over reacting.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

Interesting thread. I normally won't get into these types of conversations, but I've seen 2 points I'd like to dicuss. First and most immediate is the H1N1 outbreak. I work in the US healthcare industry, and we are laughing at how overblown this has been by the media. This H1N1 has been shown to be a MILD strain of the flu. Yes, people with compromised, i.e. weak, immune systems can die from it. However, this is just like any strain of the flu. Over 30,000 people die in the United States every year from the normal flu, and we take none of the precautions that the crazed media have suggested. Ultimately, people get sick, some will die, most won't. It's called life.
Finally, I'd like to say a few words about the global warming myth. That's right I said MYTH. One thing you learn as you get older is a simple rule - follow the money. You can look at most topics and follow someones stated objectives and see that they are making tons of money because of their position. Al Gore is making a killing because of this Global Warming scam. Have you noticed that it is now referred to Global Climate Change? More and more scientists are coming out refuting the lies that have been told, and the GW crowd is running for cover. John Conelly (sp?), the founder of the Weather Channel, has several good articles online on the topic. Recently, Lord Moncton of Great Britain was in the US to debate Al Gore before Congress and was pulled from the schedule? Why? So that Mr. Gore's 'theories' wouldn't be shot down. Open your eyes people and read for yourself - don't take what your teacher's spoonfeed you as the truth and only the truth. The information is out there if you look for it. I suggest the website Wattsupwiththat. It is a very scientific site and discusses many topics. If you can handle the subject matter, it will open your eyes.
Thanks for reading this if you made it through all of that.

Last edited by Helion; 05-03-2009 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
...you kinda lost all credibility there when you said global warming was a myth. even bush, an oil guy who hated the idea of Global Warming admitted that there was sufficient scientific evidence to support it.

And as for what Blahhs said, yes, im fine with the media alerting us of it and saying there's a danger of death, but it seems as if they're treating it as if it's already a massive pandemic that's going to kill us all. when it comes to over-dramatics, the media excels, because that's where the ratings are.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #34
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
There's debates on global warming.

Some say it is global warming and its irreversible. Some say its just positioning of the Earth. But there is not actual proof, just evidence you would assume is proof of global warming, and theories.

The holes in the ozone are from years ago. We're actually far less polutant(sp?) than we used to be, at least in developed countries. Can't say that for underdeveloped countries.

There are many professionals (I wouldn't consider Bush a professional) who say different things.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #35
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I until recently thought that the Swine Flu was something that deserved the attention it's getting. That's until I remembered that the only health-related articles that get attention are scares and miracle cures. Forgot too the previous predictions about Mad Cow and bird flu. 80% of the world hasn't died off...

Still deserves attention though.

And about Global Warming, confused as heck about which side has less to gain/lose depending on what's really happenning. Guess we'll really know in a decade or two.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #36
Helion

Tournaments Won: 35

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
...you kinda lost all credibility there when you said global warming was a myth.
MANMADE global warming is a myth. Global temperatures flattened in 1998 and have been going down since then. This data is from NASA. You can believe what you want, but until the biggest factor in temperature change on Earth is included in climate models that predict global warming, these models will never be accurate. The biggest influence on temperature of the Earth is the Sun. Currently, the Sun is in a cycle of low sunspot activity, which means lower energy output. During this time, the temperature has dropped on average globally. It's kind of funny, but the same scientists that are pushing global warming are the same ones that were pushing the coming ice age back in the 70's and early 80's. You can find the articles on the internet.
Maybe because I do research and don't always believe what the establishment tries to shove into my head means I have no credibility - kind of funny, I was always taught to investigate and form my opinions based on the information I was able to find. My how times have changed.....

Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #37
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #38
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Lol... carlin is quite cool. i disagree with a few of his views, but overall, he's quite right on alot of things.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #39
Square Root
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: DivisonbyZero
Current Level: -5X
Server: Apoline
Square Root is on a distinguished road
I remeber reading an Article a few days ago about the people in the 1900's making statements like: "What has been made is everything that can be made." Technology is increasing at an exponential rate which is really to variable for anyone to guess. Who knows, we might all be in space due to some horrible illness or a massive nuclear war. And as un reliable as this is, it is probably true. The Comedian Russel Peters said everyone will be part Asian as Chinese people and Indian people have a massive population and eventually eveyone will be part Asian.
Closed Thread