Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Andromeda
Spider Pig

Dogs...

Usually most news articles don't catch my attention but when I saw this I have to wonder how do you tell when a dog or dogs are dangerous enough to do that.

I'm really glad my small black Fox Terrier X would never do that to anyone because she is too small and a very happy energetic dog.

I know those breed of dogs mentioned in the article are notorious for these kind of attacks but surely any dog can be trained to be even the nicest of dogs.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Most bull mastiffs I've met have been pretty gentle but you never know when any dog might suddenly...snap. Especially large dogs.

There's always a small possibility that the kids might have done something that triggered for the dog to do that.

And it's hard to tell if a dog is like that if they've always seemed calm and gentle I woudl just think it'd be paying close attention to their behavior changes if it was one you lived with.

I have a saintbernard who is a inside dog. She's never bitten anyone and rarely barks. She's calm and acts like a mother to all of our other dogs and cats (she's also like 5 times bigger than any other animal we have). We've had her for a few years but still we're careful because if that calm nature ever changed and she did suddenly turn we wouldnt really be able to do anything about it because my dad cant even keep her from running on a leash (he's about 6ft and gets dragged xD It's actually fun to see )

Hearing about dogs doing this kind of thing is sad and in a way scary especially around strange dogs. Alot of the dog attacks are provoked in some way.

I still <3 dogs though...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
A lot of people don't realize that dogs, while being domesticated, are descended from wild animals. Their genetic structures are very closely related. Inside every animal there are triggers that set off an instinctual reaction. I'm not familiar with the particular animals in question, however. If an owner abuses or mistreats an animal it can have severe behavioral consequences. So, in short, even the best treated animal can revert to a primal instinct, man included.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Aranil
Slime

In-Game Name: Aranil
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Aranil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aranil
It's mainly in the way the dog was raised. I have a pitbull that most people tend to avoid or get worried about on sight but the truth of it is that he would never hurt anyone, unless perhaps they were hurting me. I trained him very well and set guidelines, such as that he is not allowed in certain areas of the house and he must sit and wait to eat after I put down his food til I say its ok. I believe any dog that is raised and trained correctly will never present a problem that was not caused by another. Ive even instilled enough patience in my dog that he can handle a magnitude of 'teasing' without getting aggresive, mainly because I have many nieces and nephews that love to play with but can get a little rough at times and I didn't want to worry about them getting hurt. Most dog attacks were provoked by someone or it's because the animal was abused. It's almost never the dogs fault, they're just almost the only ones who get punished.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
Usually most news articles don't catch my attention but when I saw this I have to wonder how do you tell when a dog or dogs are dangerous enough to do that.

I'm really glad my small black Fox Terrier X would never do that to anyone because she is too small and a very happy energetic dog.

I know those breed of dogs mentioned in the article are notorious for these kind of attacks but surely any dog can be trained to be even the nicest of dogs.
Appears for me is page not found, can you give a new link?

Thanks Loveless!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
I think they changed the link because it WAS working when she first posted