Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation

Chance of them knowing the answer/coming across literature about this is low because my Physiology department's research interests are muscle/exercise, cardiovascular system and the brain.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
HeroDie
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: HeroBaka
Current Level: 18
Server: Bijou
HeroDie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeroDie
Some of these questions are sort of common sense except the sex ones that is just dangerous but instead of thinking laying next to someone is going to make you dirty or addicted to drugs. If you personally did not do the drug you have nothing to worry about
Old 10-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

it's not "drug" as in "crack". This is about regular medication, as well.

I think that's what Spirit meant.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
It is about regular drugs that can and should be prescribed by a doctor, that are taken on a regular daily basis, so they stay in a person’s system – constantly. Not necessarily illegal drugs that can only be bought on the streets.

If STDs and STIs can be transmitted through sex, because they are in the bodily fluids, why can drugs that are also in the bodily fluids not be transmitted?

Germs can be shared by kissing, viruses can be shared by shaking hands. Just wondering why drugs cannot be shared……

And it may be common sense for most people. But, if you know absolutely nothing about medical stuff, drugs, or how things like that works, then you would not know. I iz stupid when it comes to stuff like that.

Give me a question about financials and taxes and to me it is common sense. However, to some, it may be confusing and make no sense. I know this stuff very well.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 10-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
lam - when you ask, also ask about the different types of drugs. Do pain killers act differently than….. say cocaine?

that question asks for a bit more specifics (which pain killer are you talking about). a lot of pain killers work differently, ibuprofen, aspirins, and other painkillers have different "molecular targets" (receptors, enzymes, ion channels or carrier/transport proteins). once a painkiller reaches their target it does what it does (blocks or stimulates the effects that "molecular target" is responsible for) and then slowly gets broken down by the body as others have mentioned.

the answer to your question is yes, cocaine does operate differently to pain killers. cocaine stimulates certain chemicals in the brain - noradrenaline, serotinin and dopamine. however, the site of action for the pain killers i assume you're talking about is not the brain. painkillers usually work by antagonizing receptors in the body and stopping the stimulation of receptors responsible for the feeling of pain and inflammation.

hope this answer helps
Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #16
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

ok, I asked a senior tutor today (she completed her Ph.D. ages ago but didn't take up lecturing) and she confirmed all of the opinions thus far: "No, it doesn't happen". She said even in long term, it shouldn't matter much because as far as she knows, that drugs can get into the semen has not been observed or established, unlike in the case of STDs.

So my final answer is: No, the couple should have nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

Closed Thread