Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
Kagome_4ever126
Slime

Kagome_4ever126 is on a distinguished road
Will Fiesta make my comp go slow?

Okay i know this is kind of a dumb question ..>< but it's been bugging me 4 a while. well i just installed fiesta but my pc is kind of slow and i don't want it to any slower. Do you think that this game will just make it worse?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Only while you are running Fiesta. It should not affect any other programs you have on your computer, if you are not running it. It uses up a lot of resources.

It will also eat a lot of your RAM up, so you will have less room to download other things. However, as far as making it run slow when Fiesta is not open, the answer should be no.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Fiesta consumes approximately 700MB-800MB of your RAM cache per session. Fiesta will not use any of your computer resources unless you are running it.

If your computer is slow, reformatting or completing a computer diagnostic check usually can diagnose the problem.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
also ensure you have a reasonble amount of free space on your hard drive. if you have like 1 - 2 GB free, then expect slow performance. it's just the way things are.

remember to clean and defrag your drive/s on a regular basis. update and check for virus/spyware once a week or so.

well, just the standard procedure for a clean and working computer.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Fiesta installation explodes thousands of small files onto your HDD, often in space-inefficient and fragmented ways. The performance of the game also relies on very frequent and numerous calls to the HDD to extract information from these files. If you find that your system performance is already dissatisfactory, then you may well have an unpleasant gameplay.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
vSBv_warlord
Hero Slime

Current Level: ,11,28,33
Server: teva forever!!
vSBv_warlord is on a distinguished road
depends on how good your cpu is cause if the luncher is up it still kinda slows your system down

teva
owner of leaders_of_abys
Closed Thread