Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #21
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Angelhm View Post
yeah, but that doesn't mean that this needs to be posted, not all clerics are like that, i practically run around the wild healing random people. I haven't revived anyone on this character but thats because i don't have the skill.

This is what happened today:
SO i was doing Mara Pirates KQ and we were doing pretty well, we only had ONE High Cleric, and he didn't have the revive skill. Me liking to have the important skills ready so when i lvl up i can go ahead and use it in a bind ( it works so if you waste your money you already have the skill). And i was offering to give it to him, but he didn't want is so we all ended up dieing. Not my fault it was his.
After reading this post, perhaps I did misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Anyway, I play both a cleric and mage. I agree that it's bloody annoying when people expect so much out of you as a cleric. However, as a mage, I've also met too many clerics who believe we have unlimited amount of HP pots and stones with no CD or something and fails to support the party when we needed them.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #22
Angelhm
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Vampladymeg
Current Level: High Cleric
Server: Apoline
Angelhm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After reading this post, perhaps I did misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Anyway, I play both a cleric and mage. I agree that it's bloody annoying when people expect so much out of you as a cleric. However, as a mage, I've also met too many clerics who believe we have unlimited amount of HP pots and stones with no CD or something and fails to support the party when we needed them.
Glad you understand now. I agree that it is bloody annoying for people to keep yelling for a heal when 1. they aren't in your party. 2. they aren't really helping.

I started out with a mage in Beta testing, but they restarted the servers so i made a cleric on Teva. At that time nobody really expected you to heal every second.
Now, since i started a new cleric on the Apoline (just started playing again), people ae demanding a heal.

In the Slime KQ Nobody in my party would get what i needed so i would always take it into my own hands to get the slimes for my quests (i'm a BIG quest person). On My last run (i knew it would be) I TOLD everyone that i wasn't going to heal i was going to kill the slimes ( and i got Queen and King in one go) after i had done my damage i healed everyone and killed the queen with help from another cleric. So just to say 2 clerics make a kick butt party.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #23
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Glad you understand now. I agree that it is bloody annoying for people to keep yelling for a heal when 1. they aren't in your party. 2. they aren't really helping.

I started out with a mage in Beta testing, but they restarted the servers so i made a cleric on Teva. At that time nobody really expected you to heal every second.
Now, since i started a new cleric on the Apoline (just started playing again), people ae demanding a heal
Ah, I didn't you know were talking about people not in your party~ Thought you were talking about people in your party which got me worried a bit, LOL!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #24
Angelhm
Mushroom

Quote:
Ah, I didn't you know were talking about people not in your party~ Thought you were talking about people in your party which got me worried a bit, LOL!
Actually I'm talking about ALL of them.

So today in Mara Pirates Revenge KQ I was the only cleric. I healed and healed and revived. BUT nobody listened to me. So we ended up failing. I have My heal to the least amount of time possable, but they are just to stubborn to listen. I managed to save 3 others till the end but we weren't strong enough.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #25
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Might I suggest a good party build as well... a very common one:P
End/25spr.

for taking hits from magic mobs and having a larger mana pool.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #26
Angelhm
Mushroom

my cleric has all difrent stats
Old 09-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #27
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Right, Angelhm, first off, I'd like to apologise for not replying sooner. I haven't really been online of late. Here we go then

I have experience with Clerics since i have 2 high clerics and 2 Mages and have been on Fiesta since Beta testing.

Yeah, Clerics are the ones with the biggest parts,we are the most important. BUT we are not just for healing. I AM TIRED OF EVERYONE YELLING FOR A HEAL OR REVIVAL, And i know i'm not the ONLY one who is. We deserve SOME respect.

I never said we didn't. I only respect those who respect me.

I beg your pardon, I get better attack rates then a Mage does! and it didn't cost me a penny, just some hard work.

I never mentioned attack rates. I said base damage.

But what if they aren't doing their part? What then? OH so now we HAVE to buy buffs AND the Revival skill? Who do you think has to pay for it? Clerics are supposed to stand back and heal the entire time, We hardly EVER get any of the drops, so there is no money at all.

If they aren't doing their part, then I usually just quit that party. If its a KQ, I resign myself to the loss and move on.

US MORONS? Who do you think is saving your butt every time you get attacked?

I save my butt everytime I'm attacked. I'm a cleric too. I was referring to the number of people I saw on my archer who just went on hitting away at the monster even when I was dying. Was he/she busy? Maybe once. Maybe twice. 5-6 times being just ignored, and I think I'll call them morons. Maybe you have +9 blue hammer. Maybe you do more damage than that mage in the party. But the fact remains that you're the only one who can heal in the party. Does it hurt so much to stop banging away at that monster for a split second to heal a party-mate?

I'm mostly on solo runs just to get money. Of course I upgraded heal first but I ALWAYS upgrade bash so i CAN stand a chance against monsters.

I said upgrade bash because you won't be in a party all your Fiesta life. Read carefully.

WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE POTS TOO,BUT WHERE IS THAT MONEY COMING FROM?And UM NO, Our first responsibility is to OURSELVES, just like everyone else's is.

I find it hard to disagree with you on these points. I was mistaken. It is not our obligation to sacrifice ourselves for our party.

Oh I get it! You want them not to have to pay to get pots and stones but we have too? I have to pay a TON of money just to get SP pots/stone so i CAN heal people.

And they have to pay tons for HP stones because you DIDN'T heal them. Ever thought about that?

Yeah it does suck. A cleric is not and i repeat is NOT some one you tell to heal you, you ask them too. AND FYI WE DO HEAL: YOU JUST END UP DYING ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO HEAL YOU ALL THE TIME WHEN THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE TO HEAL BESIDES YOU

I didn't say clerics should respond to every demand for a heal. I also did not say that you should keep healing and ressing someone who's being a fool.

Finally, this guide is primarily for those who make clerics so that they have an easy way to lvl 79 or 89 by healing themselves, doing KQs and not giving a damn about others. The rudeness does not apply to clerics who know they're giving it a sincere try .

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #28
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
7. Other important points:

I. When you're healing a party member who's attacking multiple monster (very common in AOE parties, or parties in which large number of monsters are gathered and killed off), and some of them come at you, use stones/pots to heal yourself, and continue healing the main tank! This is for two main reasons:

1. Healing yourself is going to fetch you more aggro which is going to make it even more difficult for the tank to get the aggro back.
2. Your first responsibility is towards the party members.

However, if your pots and stones aren't doing enough to keep you alive, then do not hesitate to throw in a heal to keep yourself alive. After all if you live, you can revive them. If you die, they die.
Ok I have a lvl 60+ cleric and have been playing awhile so I know what you mean about AOEing. But really there shouldn't be a need for a cleric to have to use a stone or a pot when its just a regular party such as in KQ unless all of your teammates just happen to be practically killing themselves constantly. So in most KQs its usually not the clerics thats the problem(unless they are really THAT bad) but more of other people who put themselves in more danger than need be. So yes, in AOEing most of the time you will need to use a pot or stone instead of healing yourself or else your other member(s) of your party with most likely die. But also I do agree that it is your responsibility to take care of yourself first if your gonna die instead of your teammate. I was mostly irritated at your post because most of the time you were acting as if a cleric is just a tool for yourself to stay alive instead of a teammate.

II. If you're a cleric who has a solo build and you solo a lot, atleast try to switch to support mode when you join a KQ. Seriously, your damage is so low, there's no need for you to attack the monster, and keep attacking even when another party member is dying. The ideal cleric will make sure his/her party will never have to use a HP stone/pot.
No, it is not the cleric's job to make sure you don't use any pots/stones. It is the clerics job to try to keep himself/teammate alive yes, but there shouldn't be a point where the cleric has to constantly use only pots/stones because whoever he/she is healing refuses to use a stone/pot for themselves.

V. Yeah this guide sucks, I know, but it's my first guide, and I had to feel like I was doing something to stop the overflow of non-healing, non-supporting clerics..
It doesn't suck, its better if you have been a cleric for awhile. If you can imagine how it is for most clerics who are expected A LOT out of them at all times then its a little easier. I mean I was really excited to give people buffs when I first obtained the skill. But when people follow you around and keep asking you for a buff thats more annoying than anything. If you ask nicely by saying 'please' or even just whisper, you are more likely to get one. The second you demand one or follow someone don't count on getting one. The same way when it comes to healing. If you demand someone to heal you at all times theres no way they would actually heal you.

And they have to pay tons for HP stones because you DIDN'T heal them. Ever thought about that?
Even if that is true there is no way you spend more on HP stones or SP stones than clerics do either way. So theres no reason anyone should complain about using a stone/pot unless they are a cleric

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris

Last edited by Osiris; 09-18-2008 at 10:58 PM..
Old 09-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #29
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Even if that is true there is no way you spend more on HP stones or SP stones than clerics do either way. So theres no reason anyone should complain about using a stone/pot unless they are a cleric
From a mage point of view, it is a pain in a butt to use HP stones. We can carry so little HP stones it's ridiculous.

1. Clerics would be less squishy, so if they had to use a stone, they can survive quite a few hits before they need to use a stone (assuming that the mobs are on similar-ish level, and not super strong/hard mobs).

2. Mages are squishy. Take a hit or two, we have to stone. No heal? Stone pot stone pot.

As a mage, I've used SO many hp pots and stones. We use up our hp stones a lot quicker. As a level 44 mage, I can only carry 52 hp stones. I'm pretty sure other classes of the same level can carry a lot more. Heck, I think my level 30 archer can actually carry more than 52 stones! I don't know why, but it sucks big time. Also, as you go into your 50s, I think you get to carry... 54 hp stones? Yay, 2 more? Ugh.

This is why I get so annoyed when clerics don't heal or they wait till you only have 10 hp left before they heal. I think that other classes do have the right to complain about pots/stones.

As a cleric, I personally don't mind giving up my stones. Usually, I don't even need to use HP pots. But, I've always played with my friends or in KQs, so I don't really mind sacrificing a bit.

I just find it really weird to heal myself over others if a stone or a pot can do the trick. Of course, if you're getting mobbed by heaps of things, then you should heal yourself too, but I don't like the idea of putting myself over others as a cleric.

I think this whole thing goes both way. Both classes need to be willing to sacrifice a bit. As a mage, I wouldn't mind stoning and potting if I'm getting hit really bad, since I know that I am squishy and the cleric may not heal fast enough/have other people to support. At the same time, a cleric must be willing to sacrifice their bits to keep the party alive.

Personally, if my party isn't doing their job, I just quit the party.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #30
Osiris
Phinofly

Mario Kart Xtreme Champion!Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: 0siris
Server: [Bijou]
Osiris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
From a mage point of view, it is a pain in a butt to use HP stones. We can carry so little HP stones it's ridiculous.

1. Clerics would be less squishy, so if they had to use a stone, they can survive quite a few hits before they need to use a stone (assuming that the mobs are on similar-ish level, and not super strong/hard mobs).

2. Mages are squishy. Take a hit or two, we have to stone. No heal? Stone pot stone pot.

As a mage, I've used SO many hp pots and stones. We use up our hp stones a lot quicker. As a level 44 mage, I can only carry 52 hp stones. I'm pretty sure other classes of the same level can carry a lot more. Heck, I think my level 30 archer can actually carry more than 52 stones! I don't know why, but it sucks big time. Also, as you go into your 50s, I think you get to carry... 54 hp stones? Yay, 2 more? Ugh.

This is why I get so annoyed when clerics don't heal or they wait till you only have 10 hp left before they heal. I think that other classes do have the right to complain about pots/stones.

As a cleric, I personally don't mind giving up my stones. Usually, I don't even need to use HP pots. But, I've always played with my friends or in KQs, so I don't really mind sacrificing a bit.
Ok I get what you mean. Thats true, mages will die a lot faster than clerics will, thats a proven fact(minus the mages that get +9 everything w/END/INT equipment). I don't mind healing mages or other characters, its just you can't demand someone to do something. Also there is the problem of where clerics don't obtain as much money from drops since a lot of parties don't put it on sequential. The only money I obtain is really from either AOEing with a mage as a duo party or grinding by myself. Any other time they don't put it on sequential so every time we use a stone we are just wasting money since we aren't obtaining any(at least thats how it is for most parties I join).

I think this whole thing goes both way. Both classes need to be willing to sacrifice a bit. As a mage, I wouldn't mind stoning and potting if I'm getting hit really bad, since I know that I am squishy and the cleric may not heal fast enough/have other people to support. At the same time, a cleric must be willing to sacrifice their bits to keep the party alive.

YES!!!! thank you! because that is definitely true. There is a difference between sacrificing though and just spamming. A lot of people when they expect you to heal ONLY them and not yourself then you practically have to spam pots/stones. What you should do as a non-cleric is if you really want to only have him heal you then if he/she is getting attacked walk over there and take the enemies!!! A cleric shouldn't have to walk over to you, heal you, AND use pots on himself, just for you to take the enemies from him. I believe a lot of the people that complain about someone not healing refuse to use a stone/pot on themselves then blame it on the cleric when they die. Thats a really big issue right there.

I just find it really weird to heal myself over others if a stone or a pot can do the trick. Of course, if you're getting mobbed by heaps of things, then you should heal yourself too, but I don't like the idea of putting myself over others as a cleric.
Well.......A cleric needs to put him/herself first though...because a cleric is vital for everyone to survive. The second the cleric dies you either have to 1. Use a ton of pots/stones to survive/kill the enemies or 2. Run away. Theres no other options because the cleric can't come back and heal you right away even if in a KQ.

What if all the clerics went on strike and decided not to help anyone else except for other clerics then what!! haha

Bijou
Paladin lvl 7x - 0siris
Closed Thread