Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #11
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough

we can cancel it after 60 too. We get some new skills after 60 and they can be "canceled" too. But i don't think its important to talk about 60+. Still correctness tells me to say so
Old 07-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #12
drphil
Slime

drphil is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by resol View Post
only party with clerics u trust or in ur guild trust me
i partyed with this 40 cleric yesterday and he like wouldnt
heal me wen i told him to cuz im 45 i was tanking and he let me die
so i freeked out and went to bed lolz xD
I'm a consistent hybrid cleric. I use an equal point spread on my stats at every level, including my skills. If my party is small, well organized, and working in relatively small areas, they're easier to watch and cover for.

I have problems with players who move around a lot or are rude or demanding, even harrassing or stalking. If you party with a cleric, make sure they can either do party buffs like endure and invincible, or they are experienced with parties of 3 or less.

Last edited by drphil; 07-01-2008 at 04:34 AM..
Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #13
bloodrops
Weakened Ogre

In-Game Name: Vividia
Current Level: 56/37/53/
Server: Teva <3
bloodrops is on a distinguished road
Well, it's a good guide, but there are a few things I disagree with...speaking as a cleric...but it's good enough
Comatose
I'll never wake up without an overdose of You
I don't wanna live, I dont wanna breathe
'Les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to You never felt so real
I don't wanna sleep, I don't wanna dream
'Cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way You make me feel
Waking up to You never felt so real

Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Umm, I think drphil necroed?

omg, I didn't think I'd ever say that...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #15
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Umm, I think drphil necroed?

omg, I didn't think I'd ever say that...
LOL.

Guides are an exception.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Oh, forgot about that~

Someone needs to write a new Cleric guide with the new stuff.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:51 AM   #17
Angelhm
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Vampladymeg
Current Level: High Cleric
Server: Apoline
Angelhm is on a distinguished road
I have experience with Clerics since i have 2 high clerics and 2 Mages and have been on Fiesta since Beta testing.

Quote:
A cleric has a vital role in any party. He/she's the one with the ability to make fancy lights and support and heal the other party members.
Yeah, Clerics are the ones with the biggest parts,we are the most important. BUT we are not just for healing. I AM TIRED OF EVERYONE YELLING FOR A HEAL OR REVIVAL, And i know i'm not the ONLY one who is. We deserve SOME respect.

Quote:
A cleric's base dmg is minimal. Appalling. Absolutely worthless.
I beg your pardon, I get better attack rates then a Mage does! and it didn't cost me a penny, just some hard work.

Quote:
In a full party where everyone's doing their bit, you might as well do your own too. Heal. Make sure nobody dies. Sure, you get that reviving skill at lvl 20, but that doesn't get them back their lost exp. So they'll be mad at you anyway. So your role in a a party is to heal and support. Heal is pretty straightforward. What's support? Well, starting from lvl 11, you get a buff that lasts an hour everytime it's cast, and increases the defence and damage of the entire party. In fact, the more party members you have, the more effective it becomes. Don't forget to always have them casted! If there are about 10 minutes left, you might as well recast them.
But what if they aren't doing their part? What then? OH so now we HAVE to buy buffs AND the Revival skill? Who do you think has to pay for it? Clerics are supposed to stand back and heal the entire time, We hardly EVER get any of the drops, so there is no money at all.

Quote:
Click on him and heal you moron! And don't forget to map heal to a button that's easily accessible for you on your hotkey bar, so you can heal them before they die.
US MORONS? Who do you think is saving your butt every time you get attacked?

Quote:
Technically, you won't be attacking in a party, so empowering bash isn't necessary. But that's only if you're in a party for your whole life. It's usually recommended to max the dmg of bash, and halve its SP consumption
I'm mostly on solo runs just to get money. Of course I upgraded heal first but I ALWAYS upgrade bash so i CAN stand a chance against monsters.

Quote:
use stones/pots to heal yourself, and continue healing the main tank!
2. Your first responsibility is towards the party members.
WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE POTS TOO,BUT WHERE IS THAT MONEY COMING FROM?And UM NO, Our first responsibility is to OURSELVES, just like everyone else's is.

Quote:
The ideal cleric will make sure his/her party will never have to use a HP stone/pot.
Oh I get it! You want them not to have to pay to get pots and stones but we have too? I have to pay a TON of money just to get SP pots/stone so i CAN heal people.

Quote:
Yeah this guide sucks, I know, but it's my first guide, and I had to feel like I was doing something to stop the overflow of non-healing, non-supporting clerics.
Yeah it does suck. A cleric is not and i repeat is NOT some one you tell to heal you, you ask them too. AND FYI WE DO HEAL: YOU JUST END UP DYING ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO HEAL YOU ALL THE TIME WHEN THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE TO HEAL BESIDES YOU
Old 09-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #18
koager
Prisoner

In-Game Name: Krashaken
Current Level: Squishy Kitty wizMage
Server: Epith
koager is on a distinguished road
Not sure if its just Epith but recently the quality of clerics have gone down the drain.

While in Graveyard of the Dead with a party doing those dungeon quests I got killed once. I told the cleric not to worry about it too much and that it was fine. He was like "ok that means its fine if you die, I won't heal you then". Ok, lol, a joke, fine. He seriously didn't heal me at all when I was aoe'ing and just let me die.....he seriously stood there watching my health go down

When I die, there's a cleric right in front of me. I wait until he/she is finished killing mobs and ask for a rev. They turn around and run the other way...wth. Happened on my alt in Luminous Stone, and quite often in Gold Hill KQ. My body was laying there in plain sight, not those like I'm half buried in the ground positions yet they still don't rev.........

In 1 Robo KQ the cleric in my party was complaining that he was bored because we weren't getting hurt (1 fighter, 2 mages, 1 archer), so I was like ok fine, I'll go in to AoE. He couldn't keep up with the damage I was taking........

Honeying KQ. We have 2 clerics. ........Make that 1. The cleric that I got in my party (1 fighter, that 1 cleric, 3 mages) doesn't heal. He keeps trying to go kill stuff but just ends up dying straightaway. I had to depend on the other cleric to rev and heal me when I AoE. The entire KQ told him to stop attacking and focus on healing multiple times. Needless to say the KQ failed because he tried to tank Giant Honeying by himself while we were still killing off tinys and then dragging it straight to us with its giant AoE....

These clerics need this guide made into like a 500page manual and slammed into their faces!

on the other hand for KQs and such people do not need to endlessly spam HEAL PLZ!!!! and REV!!!! every single second they get. A cleric's job is hard. They have to run, heal, rev, on 5+ people at once.
This tends to be especially bad in Robo KQ when clerics are busy running or rev'ing someone more important (another live cleric is far better than a mage that will just end up getting 1hitted....). Yet people keep on spamming rev and swearing at clerics for not putting them first on their priority list.

Last edited by koager; 09-14-2008 at 05:35 AM..
Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #19
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Guides are exempted from necro, koager.

Originally Posted by koager View Post
Not sure if its just Epith but recently the quality of clerics have gone down the drain.
I'm afraid a reason for this would probably be this kind of attitude:

Originally Posted by Angelhm View Post
I have experience with Clerics since i have 2 high clerics and 2 Mages and have been on Fiesta since Beta testing. etc etc
Firstly, this guide is for clerics who like party. You sound like a solo cleric so if this guide doesn't fit you, perhaps that's why?

Secondly,

"A cleric is not and i repeat is NOT some one you tell to heal you, you ask them too. AND FYI WE DO HEAL: YOU JUST END UP DYING ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO HEAL YOU ALL THE TIME WHEN THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE TO HEAL BESIDES YOU"

^ This worries me. Greatly. Oh very greatly.

I was gonna type something long but I think I'll keep it short.

I go agree that Vasu's guide have some errors in them, but the general attitude about being a support cleric you have gave off isn't the best. It sounds like your party members will have to ask you for every heal. That isn't really the best way to go, and I really hope that I've misunderstood something and that's not what you were trying to say.

If you're not playing a support cleric, this guide is not for you. If you are, oh my goodness.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #20
Angelhm
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Vampladymeg
Current Level: High Cleric
Server: Apoline
Angelhm is on a distinguished road
Reply to koager
yeah, but that doesn't mean that this needs to be posted, not all clerics are like that, i practically run around the wild healing random people. I haven't revived anyone on this character but thats because i don't have the skill.

This is what happened today:
SO i was doing Mara Pirates KQ and we were doing pretty well, we only had ONE High Cleric, and he didn't have the revive skill. Me liking to have the important skills ready so when i lvl up i can go ahead and use it in a bind ( it works so if you waste your money you already have the skill). And i was offering to give it to him, but he didn't want is so we all ended up dieing. Not my fault it was his.

Quote:
Firstly, this guide is for clerics who like party. You sound like a solo cleric so if this guide doesn't fit you, perhaps that's why?
I am a party cleric, i'm always in a party with 1-3 other people. I find that it's all the more leveled people who demand heals and revivals. That's why i like party with people who aren't so leveled, they tend to be more grateful for the help

Quote:
This worries me. Greatly. Oh very greatly.
What worrys me is being expected to do all the healing

Last edited by Angelhm; 09-14-2008 at 05:52 AM..
Closed Thread