Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Woland
Mushroom

Woland is on a distinguished road
Is SPR useless if you want DPS?

Hello, I have just started playing Fiesta and this is my first post in this forum. (I hope I will have something to add to the community later on too.)

Now I will be basing all my calculations according to these sources:

1) firstly, fiestaWiki entry "All About Stats"

Quote:
STR = +1.2 DMG
Quote:
SPR = +0.2 CRIT% (1~25)/0.1 CRIT% (26+), +0.5 MDEF, +5 SP
2) secondly, the post in the forums "All about Stats"

Quote:
Q: What does a crit do ?
A: 200% Damage (or double damage).
Screenshot. The damage shown in purple (977) is a critical hit, you can notice it does about 2 times the regular Spell damage (shown in salmon pink).

Now I will try to make my calculations as clear as possible, thus adding some useless steps.

D stants for your damage unaffected by the free stat points that you add. (That means that critical rate and damage boost from SPR and STR stat points that you've got automoticly from leveling up are already in this D.)

C will stand for free stat points spent on SPR

From a mathematical and statistical point of you can interpret critical hits as adding some percentage boost to your attack damage, because the damage output will be the same if you calculate your damage over 1000 attacks.

For example, if you count as a probability of getting double damage every once in a while, you get:
1000 * D + 1000 * 0.002 * C * D = (1000 + 500 * C) * D (I assume that C is less or equal to 25 when it's most efficient, I will get to other cases later on.)

If you treat critical hit rate as a percentage addition to attack damage you get:
1000 * (D + 0.002 * C * D) = (1000 + 500 * C) * D (So you get the same result both ways).

These were pretty much unecessary steps to clarify everything if some people don't get ir right away. Now if we consider that treating cricital hit rate as a percentage addition to the attack damage is ok, we can calculate the damage that is needed if we want SPR to be more efficient than STR:

x - free stat points spent on SPR or on STR

D + 1.2 * x <= D + 0.002 * x * D
1.2 * x <= 0.002 * x * D
1.2 <= 0.002 * D
600 <= D

Conclusion - you need at to do at least 600 damage for SPR to be more efficient that STR and that is if we treat SPR better than it actually is by assigning it 0.2% crit hit increase despite the fact that it holds true only if SPR is less or equal to 25.

Now for those that don't have high level characters just like me look at this picture. A pure STR 51lvl archer doesn't reach 600, full SPR on the other hand would hardly have 500 points of damage at the same level. So, the way I see it, you may benefit from SPR only when your level is extremely high and still only from the first 25 points in SPR.

Sad news for all pure SPR charachters if there were any, I am actually critical hit fan and I hurts to admit that adding points to SPR would be a drawback for the character.

Last edited by Woland; 12-05-2007 at 12:10 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Depends on your class. SPR doesn't help with damage except for providing you with more SP to do more skills, and crits. Its really useful for mages. Most people don't go past 25 SPR though cuz the % drops after that.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
Woland
Mushroom

Woland is on a distinguished road
Yes, the point that I have been trying to make only considers the addition to critical rate that SPR gives. However, as this calculations show, even getting it to 25 isn't very wise if you're not a class that needs a SP boost. Getting damage to 600 seems to be quite a challange to me.

Last edited by Woland; 12-05-2007 at 03:26 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
PwnageCleric
Boogy Knight

In-Game Name: Villi
Server: Teva
PwnageCleric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to PwnageCleric
wow. i should +rep ya because i am too lazy to read it all.

CB1 -

CB2 * PwnageCleric * lvl33

Teva * PwnageCleric * lvl24
Teva * PwnageMage * lvl20
Teva * Villi *lvl 2x Warrior(MAIN)

Apoline * PwnageMage * lvl20
Apoline * Lover *lvl29 Warrior
Apoline * PwnageLover *lvl 25 Cleric

Old 12-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Lol, yeah. I don't even think that far into my build. "I'm a mage.. I need SP and damage, hm... INT, helps m-damage, okay, I'll put some into that. Ok look, SPR adds to my SP and ups my crits, I'll put into that too!" done lol.
Haven't had issues with it o.o

Oh yeah, some tanks like to put SPR into their build, so they have some m-defense. I know Lithon does.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I have done a STR archer and an SPR archer both to at least level 20. I have done a END fighter, my cousins done a STR fighter, and we both have a SPR fighter.

Honestly I would much rather use my SPR fighter as I seem to kill things faster with them. I have done the math and it does show that STR is slightly better, yet I have yet to see this in game...

BTW XD @ Yosei - "My mage shake brings all the stonies to the yard!" LOL

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
Even though SPR for purely crit is pointless, but because it does increase you overall SP pool. You can tap into a larger SP pool unlike any other pure stat. Couple that with reduced cool down time, increased dmg, you should in turn kill faster than pure any other stat. But thats just from what I have seen with my pure spr and int mages. As well as my pure spr and str archers.

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Honestly I don't think that the SP and M.Def you get it as useful as the crit.

Epith
Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #9
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Int/Str is useful because it is applied after the monster's Def. modifier,
but crits also become more important late-game with the mobs increasing overall defense and high HP. Despite the stats page telling me I should be critting about 15/100 times I hit, I seem to crit a helluva lot more.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Int/Str is useful because it is applied after the monster's Def. modifier,
but crits also become more important late-game with the mobs increasing overall defense and high HP. Despite the stats page telling me I should be critting about 15/100 times I hit, I seem to crit a helluva lot more.
Honestly with 25SPR I crit at least two times ever 2 mobs.

Epith
Closed Thread