Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
Xardan
Mushroom

Xardan is on a distinguished road
New Cleric With Questions

Hi,

I am very new to this game (less than a week). I am a long time player of WoW, but needed a change of pace. Friend of mine told me about this game and I have to say I am having a good time with it. I have tried out all of the characters and from what I have read over and over again, Cleric is the way to go for solo play, which is what I prefer in a game like this. My question is simple, where do I need to start placing my stats for these options:

1) I will be soloing probably 90 percent of the time.
2) I want to be able to survive.
3) I don't want it to take all day to kill anything.

That is about it. I know that it may be impossible to get this out of any character, but I am not asking for it to be perfect. I am just asking for a solid soloing cleric.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Xardan
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
The two types of builds recommended for solo play are the STR:END build and the END:SPR build.

The STR:END (1:2) build will help you to have a good steady damage with a good HP pool and defense as well as an increased ability to Block attacks with your shield. This is the most basic of all builds for a cleric. If you happen to go into a party, it'll help you then as well. I've used this build and I have soloed pretty much all my cleric life aside from doing a KQ.

The END:SPR (25 SPR cap, rest in END) will increase your crit rate. You'll have that nice SP pool as well as the HP pool. This build may appeal to you if you like having that big number pop up. If you're going with this build I suggest using a Hammer to give you the extra boost in damage as well as the crit rate. But because of its lower accuracy you'll probably want to either have DEX rings and/or accuracy scrolls on. Since you'll be healing yourself and spamming the only attack skill you have (until 40?), SP would be great. You may start off slower than the rest when trying to get that SPR to 25 (up until level 20) but you can just do KQ until then.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Xardan
Mushroom

Xardan is on a distinguished road
That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much for the info.
Closed Thread