Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Enrei
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Enrei
Current Level: 3x
Server: Teva
Enrei is on a distinguished road
Is it wrong to...

Run a train of monsters over the suspicious people with the random gibberish name e.g. awdfeuyg, when there's only one of them attacking and the rest of his party are very low level with the same gibberish name, not moving or talking whatsoever. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling he's powerleveling all of those "people" and is then going to leave his computer on with his bot party training again. I just wanted to try and stop the growth a bit.

It's also ironic that when I tried to kill them, I killed myself with the device I was trying to use to kill them with.

Last edited by Enrei; 10-17-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Enrei View Post
Run a train of monsters over the suspicious people with the random gibberish name e.g. awdfeuyg, when there's only one of them attacking and the rest of his party are very low level with the same gibberish name, not moving or talking whatsoever. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling he's powerleveling all of those "people" and is then going to leave his computer on with his bot party training again. I just wanted to try and stop the growth a bit.

It's also ironic that when I tried to kill them, I killed myself with the device I was trying to use to kill them with.
I see nothing wrong with it. I was in Sea of Greed working my other character, and this one person with four other people set on follow, kept KSing my mobs. I figured by the names, that they were bots. Down-right irratated me because I needed the mobs.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 10-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
I'd always ask them something first to see if they're alive XD;

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
it's pretty easy (at least for me, having seen this before in many games) to discern whether a person (or a party of people) is in fact a person or not. If you determine that they are running some kind of automated process to do the work for them, I say they're free game for anything you can come up with WITHIN LIMITS OF THE TOS.

Now, I say within limits of the TOS but that's kind of hazy in itself. Just use your head. Don't go too far, but deal out somekind of swift justice if you see an opportunity.

Exploiting the weakness of the bots, (who may not really be bots, but just people's characters set to do something with macro.) I have numerous times simply moved them from my spot to some other more remote spot. Here's how: try this at home kids!

The "bots" work most commonly by locating a target close enough for the "target closest mob", or Tab -command. After this they run in a straight line towards the target and will attempt to do so until target is killed or is lost.

Using this knowledge to your advantage, it's easy to see where I'm going with this: wait till a mob or two pops up, when the bot is whacking one mob you wait till theyre almost done, then grab another mob nearby and start running in whatever direction you want the bot to end up in.

If done right, the bot will blindly follow the mob that is following you, and thus you can run to some corner of the map and let the bot have his mob there. Sucker. (the easiest to do this with is Fighter, due to kick, but archer and mage work reasonably well too. You're out of luck with a cleric though :P)

The only problem with this is if the bot is not a bot, but an extremely lazy person who actually does check up on his macro'd character once in a while, they will get back on track as soon as they see they've been sabotaged. But at least it provides temporary help and fun for us.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Yea, i would try to talk to them. And if they don't respond, i would start KS'ing them, just leech off xp from them, free tank Guess that's the only to get back to those spammers.

note: i haven't done that, i'm just saying that's what i would do

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I wouldn't assume things right away. One of my guild members did that and pissed off a party. ^^;; I'd ask them questions, wave, whatever.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
If see people with funny names in a line attacking one mob after another I steal their kills. Its rather hard to kill them when there's little to not aggressive mobs around. But hey, free experience is always nice. :3
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Enrei
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Enrei
Current Level: 3x
Enrei is on a distinguished road
Ah, that guy is still there in Vine Tomb. He has like 4 people in the party with gibberish names standing about. Like lv. 1x-2x? And I think he's actually playing, I just hope he doesn't use that as a bot party.. he's still there at Vine Tomb around C5.

-- List
dfhdsukfa <-- Main person.
wedsx
wefsa
wsisks
wretv

Last edited by Enrei; 10-18-2007 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #9
FalsifiKoRN
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: SlipKoRN
Server: TEVA
FalsifiKoRN is on a distinguished road
no prob w that

SWAT Guild of Teva. http://swat-guild-outspark.8m.com
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
step one, get agro
step two, alt+f4
step three, use your ten seconds to run a train of mobs onto the bots.

when you log back in, you have 3 seconds idle time to run away.
Closed Thread