Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 AM   #41
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough

true, but you have to start somewhere. if you dont put yourself above the killing, i believe you're somewhat in the wrong
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #42
iheartmyibook
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Bluepaw
Current Level: really low...
iheartmyibook is on a distinguished road
But is making them stay in a cell for the rest of their life any better than just killing them? I mean from what i have heard jail is not very nice place, even within the jail there is violence. It is all like yin and yang opposites there is always going to be violence in the world. I mean haven't any of you ever been angry? That is usually what people act upon when they murder someone, in order to stop any sort of violence you would have to change how we,as humans, think and feel. If you stopped killing people for crimes then they would only happen more often as people wouldn't worry about dying for committing crimes. Kinda suckish but it is what i think

Thanks Leesa for the awesome sig. ^_^
I <3 KIRA!

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is a Bunny.Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

I <3 DeathNote!!!!!
I am a Kira supporter but my favorite character is L!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #43
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Death penalty is legitimate if the person did anything involving taking another life.

A soul for a soul.

If he robbed a bank, Who cares? Obama gonna get joo money anywayz.
If he stole a car? So what? You have insurance,

But seriously, The death penalty IS legit when it comes to murder.
And killing someone that was actually innocent. Nowaiz.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Originally Posted by iheartmyibook View Post
But is making them stay in a cell for the rest of their life any better than just killing them? I mean from what i have heard jail is not very nice place, even within the jail there is violence. It is all like yin and yang opposites there is always going to be violence in the world. I mean haven't any of you ever been angry? That is usually what people act upon when they murder someone, in order to stop any sort of violence you would have to change how we,as humans, think and feel. If you stopped killing people for crimes then they would only happen more often as people wouldn't worry about dying for committing crimes. Kinda suckish but it is what i think
Some of the bigger ones are actually a little more lax. They're like mini societies in the jail. They can have possessions, buy things from a store(a store in the jail), they can get jobs. Some men go to jail because they feel more secure and stable than on the streets. But yeah, putting a bunch of violent men together can call for some drama and violence. Inner-jail gangs, posses, it basically turns into a high school where most of them are not afraid to stab or kill you. Those who did very very sadistic crimes, such as crimes against children and women, are the most bullied, so they will separate them from the rest.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #45
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Things to think about.

Disclaimer: These are averages. To get actual amounts, you will have to research each state.

It costs an average of $40,000 per year to house an in-mate.

Most states spend more each year on imprisoning criminals than they do on higher education.

A prisoner gets any and all medical treatment for free. They pay nothing. It is taxpayers that pay for it. There are some people in the free-world that cannot afford to go to the doctor.

A prisoner gets 3 meals a day – all cooked for them. They pay nothing. It is the taxpayers that pay for it. There are some people in the free-world struggling to put food on tables for their kids.

A prisoner gets to go to college for free. They pay nothing. It is the taxpayers that pay for it. There are some people in the free world who never get to go to college, because they cannot afford it.

A prisoner does not have to work a hard day’s labor, they get TVs, libraries, weight rooms, and other assortments of “luxuries” that some people working their asses off in the real world cannot afford.

They can even make money while in prison, and yet they have to pay none of these costs back to the taxpayers.

Why? Because they chose to commit a crime and break the law.

Does that make sense? Does the death penalty make sense? No, but neither does the things listed above.

Welcome to our screwed up world. Will we see it corrected in our life time? No.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #46
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
We should cut the number of people that are incarcerated here in the US, no doubt about it. We should start with the non-violent drug offenders.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #47
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
We should find an island and dump all the prisoners on it. They can play Survivor.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #48
iheartmyibook
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Bluepaw
Current Level: really low...
iheartmyibook is on a distinguished road
and pollute our oceans?! dont you know the people on death row are made or 90% sludge? lol

Thanks Leesa for the awesome sig. ^_^
I <3 KIRA!

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is a Bunny.Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination

I <3 DeathNote!!!!!
I am a Kira supporter but my favorite character is L!!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #49
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
Me? Personally? I take a more sadistic stand on the whole "prisoner" issue than most others. No one has the right to rape, murder or steal from, another being. I believe that anyone convicted of a crime where there was overwhelming should be tortured to death. And I do mean literally tortured until they cease to live. Why? Because unless we grow a spine, people are always going to commit crimes. Do you think people really care all that much if they go to jail? Nope. Otherwise they would not continuously commit crimes.

But if they know the only thing waiting for them in these places is a slow, painful agonizing death than they're less likely to commit a crime. Sure, it might be "wrong" but what's wrong to one person may be right to another. And personally, considering some of the crimes that these vile creatures have committed, they deserve nothing less. I do not remember what country it was but stealing? Yeah, you get your hand(s) lopped off. And I find that to be fair and just punishment for that crime.

I can understand why a lot (if not everyone) would be against such a thing because of people who are sometimes wrongfully accused of committing a crime. That is why I said the evidence needs to be overwhelming. Not only that but if the criminal sits there and acts like a statue, there is a good chance he is guilty regardless of evidence and deserves to be punished. I am quite sick of hearing women and children being raped, people being murdered, etc.

If I had a surefire way of knowing whether a person was guilty or not, I would become dish out my own special brand of "justice".
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #50
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FabledWaltz View Post
Me? Personally? I take a more sadistic stand on the whole "prisoner" issue than most others. No one has the right to rape, murder or steal from, another being. I believe that anyone convicted of a crime where there was overwhelming should be tortured to death. And I do mean literally tortured until they cease to live. Why? Because unless we grow a spine, people are always going to commit crimes. Do you think people really care all that much if they go to jail? Nope. Otherwise they would not continuously commit crimes.

But if they know the only thing waiting for them in these places is a slow, painful agonizing death than they're less likely to commit a crime. Sure, it might be "wrong" but what's wrong to one person may be right to another. And personally, considering some of the crimes that these vile creatures have committed, they deserve nothing less. I do not remember what country it was but stealing? Yeah, you get your hand(s) lopped off. And I find that to be fair and just punishment for that crime.

I can understand why a lot (if not everyone) would be against such a thing because of people who are sometimes wrongfully accused of committing a crime. That is why I said the evidence needs to be overwhelming. Not only that but if the criminal sits there and acts like a statue, there is a good chance he is guilty regardless of evidence and deserves to be punished. I am quite sick of hearing women and children being raped, people being murdered, etc.

If I had a surefire way of knowing whether a person was guilty or not, I would become dish out my own special brand of "justice".
An eye for An eye makes the World blind.