Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Do you want FF to have this?
Yes, and I explained why. 10 90.91%
No, and I explained why. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
[GUI change] Show users viewing thread.

Well, I've been in other forums before, but FiestaFan is probably the only forum I've ever been happy to post in.

However, the one thing that bugs me is that while FiestaFan shows the users that are online on the frontpage (along with their current activities in their profiles), FiestaFan doesn't show you who's viewing a particular thread. For those that don't understand, whenever you view a particular thread, you don't know who is viewing it with you. Other forums show you this statistic, and it is usually at the bottom of the page of each thread. While it may be a small tiff to some, I personally would like to know exactly who is viewing which thread, particularly my own. It's just strange that FiestaFan will tell you how many people are viewing each discussion board (the value in brackets), but there's no real way to know which thread they're viewing without invading their profiles.

I'd just like to hear some responses about this change, and get some feedback about whether it's a good idea. While some may not like the invasion of privacy, I'll remind you that there is the ability to appear "invisible" to other users already implemented. So I don't believe privacy should be an issue at all, it's just more about how informed users want to be when rummaging through the forum threads.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
I'd like to see this implemented as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
I see four thumbs up, yet one reply. I'd really like it if people put their input about this, and didn't anonymously thumb up the post. It feels as though this topic isn't being discussed as much as it should be, even if it is just a small change.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Yeah I would want that too. I think Me and Rightey have mentioned it once or twice here when the forum but just started but I can't remember. -thumbs up-
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #5
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
I don't really care either way so I guess I'll abstain. I don't think I would find the feature all that useful, kinda pointless to me, but I don't see any real harm either so if some want it and it's not difficult to implement then go for it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
ElNinoFr
Mushroom

In-Game Name: ElNinoFr
Current Level: ~15
ElNinoFr is on a distinguished road
It's an interesting function. On an other forum : when a name is in italic, the person is going to write a post, so if you can know who read and who are about to post. That's a good thing.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
And what do you gain by knowing who is viewing what thread? Seems kind of pointless to me IMO.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
But it doesn't take much space or too hard to implement it, right? Sure, it could be pointless, but sometimes I just like to know who's viewing the thread I'm viewing. Just out of curiosity. If it isn't too much hassle, then I don't see why not.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

@Blahs
It isn't hard to implement at all. This board is based on a vBulletin template, and it's one of the customizing options.

@Navman
There are a lot of things that seem pointless in forums, if you stripped a forum down to its bare essentials it'd probably lose it's flavour. I want this implemented because I personally would like to know this sort of thing. I like an informative forum, so I've proposed this change.

Thanks for the input about the topic so far.

Edit: Really confused about the ratio of thumbs up and comments lol. It's funny how people thumb up "yes, and I've explained why" when they omit their comments or feelings from the thread.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-10-2007 at 10:17 PM..
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
Keetos
Administrator

In-Game Name: Lexi
Current Level: 20
Keetos is on a distinguished road
Your wish has been granted.
Closed Thread