Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #21
Stryfe
Gang Imp

Stryfe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KY_Jelly View Post
to those saying people make mistakes. you guys do know that when i got bored on my archer I'd AOE three fake bosses at a time when i pulled right? some people (like me) really are just dicks and we are easily amused by little things that may or may not ruin other players experiences. and i know i'm not alone in this because every time i do it there is at least one other person laughing at everyone whining.

but back on topic. the GMs really do need to schedule their server down times more apropriately. I heard a horror story that Apoline went down when there was 4 seconds left on the Robo KQ. And this was a scheduled maintainance, not an emergency one. seems a bit unplanned dont ya think?
First part, as I said, there are those deserving of being "chewed out". There's nothing else really to say to that. Oh, and thanks for letting me know that you're a dick. Makes things easier for me.

Second Part, in most cases, server maintance is announced an hour or two advanced. The "early close" was a rare case in which it was an unexpected server maint.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:25 AM   #22
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Usually games give day or week notices. Not hourly, or on the 10 minute marks.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 10-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #23
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I don't see a problem with announcing maintenance an hour or two in advanced... I personally would just forget if they told us a whole week earlier.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #24
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
If you've got a problem with me criticizing others and chewing them out then ignore me. I'm very opinionated and I will not change myself because you like sugar coating everything. Get over it, not everyone will be as nice and forgiving as you. There's an ignore feature on the forums, use it if you dislike my posts so much. I know people mistakes, and i'm fine with that. I really am because hell, even I mistakes. I don't always chew people out because of it. But when they're too stupid to pay attention and it costs me something like that then I get aggravated.

Like everyone else, I am trying to enjoy this game to the best of my ability but how do you propose I do that when I always get stuck in something like that, that fails? It gets extremely tiring after a while and like any other human, I have my breaking point. God forbid I speak my mind about it in an angry way. And as far as I know there's no rule that says I can't speak my mind in an angry way. Hell, at least I don't go shouting out their names. I did that once but will more than likely never do it again. So I am being slightly nice about it.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #25
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Server: Teva
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
Also, how exactly do you announce it a day or week early if it's unexpected maint. >_>

The whole thread is a bit questionable. Yes, it's unfortunate the server happened to go down when you were about to finish your KQ, but it doesn't really make good grounds for discussion. What can you reply to that? "Oh. That sucks man."

yeah...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 AM   #26
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Mage is entiled to his 1st admendment whether how offensive or not.

Mistakes are always made and are usually understandable...

But try to take it from another Point of view.
Your playing the game the only time you can this week, you've failed time after time again to get into a KQ and then finally you manage to get in. If you don't win this KQ you won't have another chance to get something done for a week. Everything goes very smoothly but at the last moment some random guy, you don't know whether it was an accident or he did it for kicks, kills EVERYONE and fails the KQ.....

Now before you jump the gun and start calling me a selfish bastard (and i've already accepted that too)..

But a lot of people do not like to lose money in stones scrolls and and most importantly wasted time do to very silly mistakes that should usually not happen. Whenever something like this happens people's progress are impeded and satisfaction is lost.....which makes the game not fun for other people.

Now CHEWING OUT SOMEONE, for small mistakes is obviously overboard especially over a FREE video game.I'm not pro-elitist or advocating that people be allowed to be assholes each other over video games, but do realize some people will not have fun over losses.

Remembers, theres a difference between CHEWING OUT SOMEONE, and criticism
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:53 AM   #27
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
Mage is entiled to his 1st admendment whether how offensive or not.

Mistakes are always made and are usually understandable...

But try to take it from another Point of view.
Your playing the game the only time you can this week, you've failed time after time again to get into a KQ and then finally you manage to get in. If you don't win this KQ you won't have another chance to get something done for a week. Everything goes very smoothly but at the last moment some random guy, you don't know whether it was an accident or he did it for kicks, kills EVERYONE and fails the KQ.....

Now before you jump the gun and start calling me a selfish bastard (and i've already accepted that too)..

But a lot of people do not like to lose money in stones scrolls and and most importantly wasted time do to very silly mistakes that should usually not happen. Whenever something like this happens people's progress are impeded and satisfaction is lost.....which makes the game not fun for other people.

Now CHEWING OUT SOMEONE, for small mistakes is obviously overboard especially over a FREE video game.I'm not pro-elitist or advocating that people be allowed to be assholes each other over video games, but do realize some people will not have fun over losses.

Remembers, theres a difference between CHEWING OUT SOMEONE, and criticism
Thank you Roka. You explained this to those in a more calm and cool manner. This is all i'm trying to say but you must understand its rather difficult to do when i'm pretty much being attacked by multiple. Yes, I do have anger issues and unfortunately I can't do anything about them so they just get bottled up and released on someone who it was never meant for. I ask you find it in your heart to forgive me, i'm usually not like this. I'm sorry.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:30 AM   #28
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
Also, how exactly do you announce it a day or week early if it's unexpected maint. >_>

The whole thread is a bit questionable. Yes, it's unfortunate the server happened to go down when you were about to finish your KQ, but it doesn't really make good grounds for discussion. What can you reply to that? "Oh. That sucks man."

yeah...
From what I see it's a rant. Yet quite contrary to popular beliefs(I.E. Your post) it did turn out to spark a conversation.

My point about server down times, is you shouldn't have 3-4 unexpected maintences in the span of the week. Especially when it's one out of two servers that it's only happening to. I blame the administration for that honestly.

If something goes wrong, fix it. Goes wrong again? Fix it again and make sure it's fixed before putting it back online. Despite arguments I am going to here like "Stuff happens that you can't control" or "You just can't work out all the bugs of a game". Those are just excuses, from what I heard about the "unexpected" "emergency" maintence: it was just for minor things that you could have given more than an hour warning.

It's as simple as planning ahead.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Closed Thread