Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road

There was a story about a gay/lesbian only guild in WoW, at one time. Twas like a year ago or so. I forget the details.
I'm not putting down homosexuals, if that's the way you swing, good for you. Everyone has the right to their beliefs, sexual orientation. I just think a marriage belong to a man and a woman. Marriage was made for procreation, and you can't procreate with the same sex... If someone wants their "relationship" to be "recognize" for legal purpose after death and whatnot, they should get some other type of legal document, which name i cannot think of right now...

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #22
Tadiakichi
Boogy

Tadiakichi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
With a lawyer like Peter Thompson, who knows? ;o
He pried his head out from his ass ever since he got owned by the gaming community.

I don't approve of any online marriage in MMOs. I just think of it as an "insta-attention formula" the creators concocted to get a lot more money. This isn't true with all cases, of course, but in most I saw, some people ask random (semi-random) people to marry them. They don't do it out of "e-love" or whatever you call it, but they do it solely for the fact that they're doing something others can't do.

This argument is much intensified when you're gay/pretending to be gay. It's like breaking into your principals office to make an announcement to the whole school just to show you're a rebel. What better way to be different than be gay and be a rebel? People will abuse gay marriages when it comes out, so almost all MMOs tend not to implement such a controversial thing.

I fuckin' hate you 'tards who play with opposite genders. You guys are the reason why I am the paranoia-induced asshole you see today.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
On the partnership power-up gaming, I think it's a pretty cool idea. You'd be more in-sync (damage-dealing), or heal your loved one better, or go beserk if your partner gets hurt or something. Neat idea.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #24
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Originally Posted by hyperswoss
With a lawyer like Peter Thompson, who knows? ;o
Originally Posted by Tadiakichi View Post
He pried his head out from his ass ever since he got owned by the gaming community.
Are y'all talking about Jack Thompson? I don't know a Peter Thompson, but that was flippin hilarious when Jack Thompson got his ass handed to him by the boys from Penny Arcade.

Anyway, yeah. People like that and the people that support him, there are some believe it or not, have the ability to blow things way out of proportion and turn silly little things into a media storm. Then it snowballs and concerned parents freak out, but they're generally misinformed and end up following some nut who spearheads some half-baked crusade to save everyone's soul or something and it's just all a bunch of BS that I hate to even acknowledge as news.

It's not too likely that a little import mmo would generate such a big fuss, but it just isn't worth the risk for these relatively small game publishers. If it did blow up into some big legal mess then they probably couldn't afford to fight the legal battles. At this point it's still just too controversial. It would take a giant in the industry like Blizzard to make the leap first, but they won't because even if they can afford it, they won't want to lose any money either, so people just gotta wait until it's all more socially acceptable.

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE

Last edited by Pritcher; 12-07-2007 at 06:13 PM..
Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #25
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
I could probably never understand the urges to be homosexual....and probably never be it, but personally I really don't care over the topic of homosexuality or not. Its a rather sensitive subject but I perfer to be neutral over it as I feel conflicted But i hold no ill will to whoever is homosexual.

From what I see here though there are 2 sides to this issue,
1. Pro-homosexuality side that defines their marriage as their diserved right
2. Anti Homosexuality side that sees homosexual marriage as something completely immoral

I think these 2 sides really don't understand each other.
Heterosexuality has been the basis for much of the world since the start of man. There have been some pro-homosexual aspects of certain parts of communites in places such as Japan or greece but the world has been mostly majority Heterosexual....if not murderering the homosexuals like the Romans...

Now i'm not saying heterosexuality is evil or homosexuality is completely wrong but as history proves... old traditions and old rules die HARD as we can see the conflict today. The anit homosexuality side views homosexuality as an offense not only to thier own morality, but also agianst the traditions of their respective religion and culture. BUT for places such as America where there is a LARGE merger of varying cultures with varying views, the large conflict over this issue was inevitable.

This Is America with its own distinctive culture that was created off the influence of other cultures. But the problem is, from the old cultures came old religions, traditions, and feelings of morality that control us to this day. Even when there is scientific theories or discoveries of how people might have had no control over thier own sexuality, people will still follow thier traditions more. As we try to create a new America as a new generation we must sometimes forsake the past decisions or traditions.

Understand i'm not attacking older cultures, but stating the influence they have over this subject.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #26
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

It also depends what part of america you're talking about. I am from the west coast and have never felt that attitude from people, well I mean sure there are some cases with reilgious extremist folks or whatever, but besides that its a pretty generally accepted thing here. I know its obviously not going to be the case in like, the bible belt of america or something, but even so...~

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
Lilian
Entwined Destiny

In-Game Name: Fuujinn // Lilian
Current Level: Divide by zero.
Lilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to allLilian is a name known to all
also, this topic has been steered offcourse by alot by now.

The point here is about a feature in a game. this feature is not even called marriage, it is establishing a relationship with another person. you can have three kinds: Friendship, Teacher/Pupil and Lovers.

When you go to the npc that explains the details about these relationships and how they affect the players, giving them benefits etc, nowhere is it implied that it should be male+female only.

So, it's NOT marriage. you can keep your precious ceremonies in your holy churches if that's what the fuss is about. It is about loving the other person, and the game is basically denying/ignoring the possibility of homosexual people existing.

You may say, "why do you care so much, it's only a game. make a male char if you want to marry a female." Well to that, I say back to you, why do YOU care so much about whether 2 female characters in a game are "lovers" as deemed by the game's own system.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #28
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post

It also depends what part of america you're talking about. I am from the west coast and have never felt that attitude from people, well I mean sure there are some cases with reilgious extremist folks or whatever, but besides that its a pretty generally accepted thing here. I know its obviously not going to be the case in like, the bible belt of america or something, but even so...~
Good point, hence the varying different parts of america that have also been affected by varying cultures. (IE Hispanic in the south and california, Irish is the Midwest)
Hence America is so divided in many ways.

Kinda funny I recall an issue so fiercely debated like this that it led to the slaugther of 10% of all American males in the 19th century >.>;;;;;;;;;;;
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #29
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

@lil
Well said

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Last edited by O-mie; 12-07-2007 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: grrrr ninja posting
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
• Stats based on "Friendship", "teacher & pupil" and "lover" relationships?
Very cool ideas, a creative way to spice up a game.

• Restricting these relationships based on gender? A very ignorant thing to do.

• This kind of thinking antiquated, parallel to an adult telling another adult "I hit you because I love you..."

Just my opinion, who knows..
Closed Thread