Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #11
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I don't think any parents would go as far as law suits for a little mmorpg, and if they did, they couldn't go very far. I think even a judge would think they're over-reacting.
With a lawyer like Peter Thompson, who knows? ;o

Some big parent groups get together when they get pissy at games, and it just seemed possible, knowing how against it some parents are.

*goes to bed*
Old 12-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
and the media... if the parents got on the the media side (which isnt hard)... they're gonna be quite a big force!!

yeah as Pritcher said... look at the teletubbies... its rediculous!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #13
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
I think its funny that people complain about things not being "natural" when, in fact, there are quite a few documented cases of homosexual behaviour in animals in the wild.

Whereas, in nature, we're all using magic to kill dragons.

I could get into the reasons why a "gene" for homosexuality could arise and be evolutionarily stable, but it'd probably be over the heads of people who are wont to complain about it anyway. But, if anyone would like to discuss it further, I'm only a private message away.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!!! Hrae's response always makes me go "ah yesh exactly.. why cant other ppl think like that" haha

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 12-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #15
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I could get into the reasons why a "gene" for homosexuality could arise and be evolutionarily stable, but it'd probably be over the heads of people who are wont to complain about it anyway. But, if anyone would like to discuss it further, I'm only a private message away.
a gene that favors same gender sex? Such genes will die out very fast. I guess in my tongue i would call u a "Utopist" with a bit contempt in my tone, but i cant find a suitable translation :"utopian" is the direct translation but i don't know if it means the same.

anyway, i don't care if someone is gay or not. Same goes for marriage: Who ever wants to marry someone should do it.

On the other site: people who never have kids are a huge loss for genetic diversity and humanity. But such thinks doens't exist in mmorgs

Last edited by MaxOff; 12-07-2007 at 12:37 PM..
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
a gene that favors same gender sex? Such genes will die out very fast.
May I ask, why would you say that? D:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #17
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
May I ask, why would you say that? D:
It makes sense from an evolutionary stand point. If someone were a homosexual, then they would not pass on their genes to the next generation, since they would not be with someone of the opposite sex. If the genes aren't passed on, then the gene would dissapear from the gene pool eventually.

Back on to the topic, I have no problem with the idea of same sex marriages. The worst part of this is that its just a game. Its not like they are forcing people to marry the same sex in game. Most people would still probably just do opposite sex marriages. But this was just in a game. Why should people care what fictional fantasy characters do in a fiction fantasy game?
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 12-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #18
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
In-game wouldn't mean much to me, since i'm a guy playing a girl. But i could see and understand the arguments one might have against it. IRL, is totally a different story. Where do we draw the line? Some siblings have strong emotions for each other. Aunt/uncle-nephew/niece relations? Check out "Oldboy", korean movie. Sure it's only a movie, but how real is it, in reality? Some pet owners have given millions to their pet, so that the pet would live a "good" life til it dies; yea that's another story but same parrallel.

Wruh - level 26 Cleric
Oniruka- level 11 Fighter (vendor)
click here to spank me!! NOW!!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #19
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

Its funny about the evangelical parents thing - because I remember seeig a news segment about th at evangelical priest dude who was really famous or something, turns out he's gay... lmfao

And yeah, its not like homosexuality is new...artifacts from ancient greece even show it was done that far back, by many. =o

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Its not like these games are extremely popular ^^;; Maybe if it were WoW or Everquest or one of those big ones.
Closed Thread