Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Is this fair?!

Okay, I do not know where to put this, but here goes.

As of yesterday, my school district decided to add a club/activity fee. The fee is $50, and it's for every club that a student goes to. I do know, that due to the economy that my district has lost money, but I do not think that it's fair to charge the students, so much money for a a club. I myself go to 3 clubs, which are... Gaming Club, Anime Club, and DDR Club. All of these clubs only have 20 or so participants at a time, and i'm afraid that this will kill off the clubs. I am wondering what, everyone else thinks of this.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Well.. is your school a private school by any chance? I guess I'm just looking at the background of the general participants..

Think of it this way.. all clubs takes a bit of money to run it... they may have been getting these money from somewhere previously that's no longer available...

The options are, get the students to chip in (charge the students) or the clubs get disband...

I guess it depends on whether the students can afford it.. what they're actually using the money for... if they could seek other sponsorships to lower the cost for students..

its hard to say if they're right or wrong with limited knowledge on how it runs..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Destrus
Lizard Knight

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
yea, what exactly is that $50 supposed ot be paying for? when i was in high school i was in the video game club and the anime club. it was run with things we all already owned and we just brought stuff in.

other than that we did charge like $5 so that the club could buy something.

i don't get what the $50 per person could be being used for...

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Why don't you go talk to some officials for it? That does seem a little silly, unless they are really stingy and shut down everything, like the electricity, once classes are all over lol.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
KeitaroKhaos
Blue Crab

In-Game Name: KeitaroKhaos
Current Level: Fighter: 62
Server: Cypion
KeitaroKhaos is on a distinguished road
They shouldn't make a club pay money, if you need money then host a fundraising event. The school has no right to charge for an extra-curricular activity that is often encouraged in schools
KeitaroKhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Well.. is your school a private school by any chance? I guess I'm just looking at the background of the general participants..

Think of it this way.. all clubs takes a bit of money to run it... they may have been getting these money from somewhere previously that's no longer available...

The options are, get the students to chip in (charge the students) or the clubs get disband...

I guess it depends on whether the students can afford it.. what they're actually using the money for... if they could seek other sponsorships to lower the cost for students..

its hard to say if they're right or wrong with limited knowledge on how it runs..
Well I go to a public school... I cannot afford private. Also the clubs are volunteer based, also each club pays a base fee, with an additional add on, like this (base fee+amount of hours+how many times per week we meet) (I am treasurer of Gaming Club).

Originally Posted by Destrus View Post
yea, what exactly is that $50 supposed ot be paying for? when i was in high school i was in the video game club and the anime club. it was run with things we all already owned and we just brought stuff in.

other than that we did charge like $5 so that the club could buy something.

i don't get what the $50 per person could be being used for...
The money is going to be used to help pay for the district's overspending...
Old 02-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
wompastompa
Kebing

Advanced Curveball Champion!Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: CHRONO_MAGE, Serenytty, InfernalDee
Current Level: 41/30/28
Server: TEVA,APOLINE,TEVA
wompastompa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wompastompa
At the high school I went to, the school didn't charge anything to be in the club, but they also didn't provide any funds for any of the clubs on the campus. If we needed money, we had to do fundraisers...It was allright since the club members had most of the authority of the club and they could use the funds for anything they pleased whether it be a pizza lunch or a field trip...
wompastompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I was charged while I was in high school but that was because I participated in sport teams. Which makes sense.

But for clubs like Anime club, etc. it would seem a bit odd to charge $50. I can see something like $5-10 maybe? But more is just ridiculous.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #9
Fleurette
Crab

In-Game Name: Fleurette
Current Level: 107 <3
Server: Apoline
Fleurette is on a distinguished road
x.x this sounds terrible. my highschool currently is cutting the art programs >> because they value the sports teams/clubs more >>; not happy :/

Fleurette

107 Guardian <3
Capping
Apoline
Fleurette is offline   Reply With Quote