Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Seal Online!

The English version is finally out! August 20th! =D=D I've been wanting to play this since the first time I've heard about it, which was like from the year before. They said the English version would come out in Dec 2005 I think, but it never came out and the site even stopped working. I heard that they couldn't find a company that would produce the game or whatever... but anyway, finally out! For those who would be really bored when CB2 ends, I guess you can try it out!

http://sealonline.com

Found it from another forum. Someone else said that they played another version of Seal Online and she absolutely loved it. So yeah! I really really want to try this, but I'm not really supposed to get into games during uni.. sigh!

I just looked at the screenshots, it looks really cute and adorable. :33!

Edit: I just watched the videos. It looks awesome to me. They have wings which flaps!! oo:

New forum by Keetos!

http://www.sealfan.com/

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-06-2007 at 03:00 PM..
Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
es_19
Bored Imp

found out about this a couple days ago, too. one of the very few games that i didnt mind playing for a looooong time in another language.

everyone was so sure this project was dead, and i was so sure i wouldnt find a replacement for fiesta for quite awhile.

oh well, bye bye fiesta~
Old 08-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
So you actually played another version? Which? What did you like about it?
Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty fun. Some of my friends were talking about it the other day. I'll try to squeeze it into my game rotation D:
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
es_19
Bored Imp

i played the jp version over a year ago, as a break game from ms, but i ended spending more time on it then i had planned to

one reason i stayed so long, was around 1/4 of my ms guild decided to try it as well, and one of them was fluent in japanese, and he played the game before (he's the one who told us about it too, go figure)

im a sucker for cutesy / cell shady games. bright colors keep me alert (more importantly awake). cartoony games tend to have really over exaggerated equips that i enjoy as well - i was a warrior, how could you not like 2h swords 3 times bigger than your character

gameplay wise, i enjoyed the combo system first of all, utilizing the a,s,d keys. probably the first time ive ever seen input combos in an mmo. the grind wasnt that bad, as our group managed to get pretty far. but we all really liked the game, so hitting 80+ didnt really seem like challenge. the game has unique classes (always wanted to try a craftsman but never got around to it), very diverse builds because stats are quite specific.

the pet system is actually quite important and play a big role in training / pvp. you can level them up, they have their own evolving system. if youre lucky, theres a small chance they go through a rare evolution where they get way better stats. just one of the ways a person can go from dirt poor to billionaire

it has other features too including fishing (sadly its afk fishing approved, so abuse away), and the fact that you can sleep - the first 'bed' you get (sleeping under a newspaper) never gets old.

it was just something refreshing to play since 3rd job wasnt out yet. there were no 'rivals', assholes, or competition. it was like the first time you played an mmo and it was all about fun. that, and i had it up to here with zombie drama.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
*fapfapfap*

Yesss! This is the game I always wanted to play. I saw a thread like this on onrpg, but I thought they were asking if it was in English yet. ._.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Looks good, maybe I'll give it a try when this phase of the beta testing ends for Fiesta. If I like it better I may switch; can't afford the time to play both though. MMORPGs are a tremendous timesink, lol.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
Keetos
Administrator

In-Game Name: Lexi
Current Level: 20
Keetos is on a distinguished road
Wow this was supposed to be out back in 2005. I remember there was a fansite for it called Sealthelove.com but never really grew because the game was not released.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
ColdxHeart
Prock Zone

In-Game Name: ColdxHeart
Current Level: 23
ColdxHeart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ColdxHeart Send a message via MSN to ColdxHeart Send a message via Skype™ to ColdxHeart
Is it the kind of game where you kill monsters, get skills, fight bosses, do quests, and party up with other people to kill stuff? If it is, I might try it out.

ColdxHeart - Level 25 HighCleric
-Currently Guildless-. Rofl. That was totally pointless.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road
It's basically flyff oriented with some usual bosses. It's really not that similar at all to Lunia. The combo system is kind of like Deco's though more advanced