Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
Neem
Slime

In-Game Name: Neem
Current Level: 12
Neem is on a distinguished road

I've gone aprox 2:1 int/spr, and i notice i get quite a few crit hits with it, maybe every other monster which is good...
But i still cant seem to kill anything above my level without running away and using lots of hp potions But hey i do do a lot more dmg than most others!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #22
bcdood
Gang Imp

bcdood is on a distinguished road
If you go full SPR and you reach level 50 then you got 100% chance of crit rate... so like add 10 int [is max level 60?] and all the rest in spr.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #23
Nike
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Nike
Current Level: 22
Nike is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bcdood View Post
If you go full SPR and you reach level 50 then you got 100% chance of crit rate... so like add 10 int [is max level 60?] and all the rest in spr.
no it drops to .1 after 25 points into spr and even if it stays at .2 it would be like 11% not 100% lolz
Old 08-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #24
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
1:2 End:spr

PM me here or at outspark for userbars,*Be friendly!*
Old 08-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #25
bcdood
Gang Imp

bcdood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nike View Post
no it drops to .1 after 25 points into spr and even if it stays at .2 it would be like 11% not 100% lolz
I suck at math. don't laugh at my faults.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #26
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Okay, so I'm going to be a mage again when ob starts and I was a noob the first time around, cuz I'm used to stats from other games. What would you guys suggest I put all of my beginning points to?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 AM   #27
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Lol. Old thread.

I would suggest 1:1 INT/SPR, a lot of people have called me stupid for it, but you have high damage and high critical rate/SP.

Your only disadvantage is that you have low HP and low defense. So that build is better off with a party.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #28
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
My opinion on mage builds
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Lol. Old thread.

I would suggest 1:1 INT/SPR, a lot of people have called me stupid for it, but you have high damage and high critical rate/SP.

Your only disadvantage is that you have low HP and low defense. So that build is better off with a party.
I agree with you I would add SPR until the benefit goes from .2 to .1 then all out INT. I don't see myself spending a single point on END.

But then i guess you really have to ask yourself why you're playing mage. I played a tarutaru Black Mage in Final fantasy for 1½ years. I loved the glass cannon roll, very high damage.

I think the goal of a good mage (in a standard grinding environment with a tank/healer) should be find the best possible tank and do as much damage as possible without taking hate, while using the least amount of SP possible. END does not help in that setting. Or in any other setting i could describe..save crazy suicidal soloing.

I found another good way to go was duoing with a cleric and keeping a finger over Life Tap. Very Fast XP, safe (my healer was pro ^^) and i think it benefited us, in this setting SPR was the best to invest in. Since the speed of grinding was dictated by how long i could keep lifetapping and nuking hard.

I dunno , I guess all in all it's by play style. Mine is efficiency and high damage.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #29
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I was new to the game. I only played 2 weeks. Um.. I liked my mage, I did a majority INT and evenly between the rest. I'm sure I didn't have the most amount of SP, and the lowest amount of HP. But I was content.. I rarely needed a party, I did all of my quests and kills on my own with no problem.
I was a wizard on EverQuest Online Adventures. And for that class you needed INT and DEX, INT added mp, which was sp, dex added damage. But yeah, its different in this game.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #30
Meteo
Mini Pinky

In-Game Name: Meteo
Current Level: dis hat maid of yellow kek~
Meteo will become famous soon enough
That's cool, one could probably argue easily that since the build was majority INT, you would benefit more from causing the extra damage to bring the mob down faster, instead of attempting to take an extra hit.

Did the Dex do anything for you??
Closed Thread