Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:46 AM   #21
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

I believe Mock holds 10, just like Frost Nova and Inferno inflicts damage upon 10 mobs maximum. Not entirely sure, but to me Inferno and Frost usually kills everything, and often there are more than 10 mobs.

And Fear for 20 seconds is nice. Maybe a little too much, but nice. Think about it from our perspective: How else are we to kill a bloody cleric? It's impossible to kill a cleric (having been a former cleric myself), and if a fighter gets close, you're screwed. Archers are the only ones who have a reasonable balance.

Keep in mind mages have the lowest HP and defense. Far less than what other classes have.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:02 AM   #22
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Clerics go down fast enough in current PvP against a chain-fearing mage. :/

Get hit with first fear then Inferno and Frost Nova come down. Stone, then second Fear is cast. You're almost always dead/barely survive.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #23
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
I believe Mock holds 10, just like Frost Nova and Inferno inflicts damage upon 10 mobs maximum. Not entirely sure, but to me Inferno and Frost usually kills everything, and often there are more than 10 mobs.

And Fear for 20 seconds is nice. Maybe a little too much, but nice. Think about it from our perspective: How else are we to kill a bloody cleric? It's impossible to kill a cleric (having been a former cleric myself), and if a fighter gets close, you're screwed. Archers are the only ones who have a reasonable balance.

Keep in mind mages have the lowest HP and defense. Far less than what other classes have.
but at the same time the cleric CANT kill a mage as well due to our poor atk power AND mage is a range atker, which means we have to run up to u guys... not only are we too busy spamming heal to keep ourselves alive... if u do a hit and run there's no way clerics could stop a mage or even land a hit on a mage...

there's ups.. there's downs... that's balance...

if u have 20 sec fear then... mage DEFINITELY wins... hence it's a skill balance issue....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #24
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Clerics go down fast enough in current PvP against a chain-fearing mage. :/

Get hit with first fear then Inferno and Frost Nova come down. Stone, then second Fear is cast. You're almost always dead/barely survive.
Not really, I've tried that.

As you have stated, that is what I do, plus I add Stifle.

However, to better assist in visualizing the situation:

Fear first. At most 8 seconds.

Frost + Inferno = 700 damage per 3 seconds. However, casting time is 4 seconds.

Stifle. Another second or so. Can't remember exact time.

Spells = 300 per second.

That's only 1k damage after the first round. Most likely, the cleric can stone. Casting again would result in 2.4k damage maximum, and the result? Cleric still alive, as HP stones would have recharged again. After that, mage is screwed.

Keep in mind this is assuming mage and cleric are of equal levels, and only a broad generalization. It's still hard to kill a cleric of the same level.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:02 AM   #25
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Judging by the math you posted, I don't see why the Cleric vs. Mage PvP usually ends in a Cleric death most of the time anyway :/

In the PvP areas, no matter the math posted, Cleric still usually dies or comes close to it if a Mage plays skills right. Then again, I think these are the Mages that spec for PvP or may have even bought Charms of Might, don't really know.

Like Hess posted, this is also assuming that the Mage is stock still and waiting to get hit. Not a thing we can do if the Mage runs and Cleric DPS really can't do much of anything.

edit:-every time I get Fear casted on me, there's a bug of sorts. Even after Fear duration has run out, I can't move, cast a spell or anything. All I can do is stone and try to relog or let myself get killed. GG Mages I guess.

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-15-2008 at 03:06 AM..
Old 04-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #26
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

Devastate says that it only hits 10 but I believe it hits well over 10 enemies.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 AM   #27
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
20 second fear with Robo hitting me is like asking the clerics to break their heal key =/
If you're a mage, obviously you would be saying that a 20 second fear would be nice, but I vote for a maximum of ten. Mages already have really good damage to begin with, and in PvP, hitting someone with your best spells for 20 seconds while the opponent can't do anything but stone is overkill. I actually even like the bugged version more, since it's like BK. I don't see why mages should get more stun time than fighters anyways.

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #28
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by lightningmystix View Post
20 second fear with Robo hitting me is like asking the clerics to break their heal key =/
If you're a mage, obviously you would be saying that a 20 second fear would be nice, but I vote for a maximum of ten. Mages already have really good damage to begin with, and in PvP, hitting someone with your best spells for 20 seconds while the opponent can't do anything but stone is overkill. I actually even like the bugged version more, since it's like BK. I don't see why mages should get more stun time than fighters anyways.
Au contraire, the majority of mages actually use the weakest, level 1 spells.

Level 1 spells take the least SP and only do 20 damage or so less than the full power spells.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #29
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
But she said best, not highest, and if most of us our using our level 1 skills because they are better all-around, would that not technically make thme our best?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #30
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

I'm still thinking of a chained 20-second Fear @.@

40 seconds in which you can do nothing but stone....

srsly.
Closed Thread