Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:32 AM   #1
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
Mages have a major problem

i recently started an archer account today because i wanted to experience more classes, after my mage became lvl 20 i decided to do it for money

so the first thing i noticed is that archers constaintly shoot regular arrows at the opponent.......

and then i remembered fighters and clerics do constant melee damage to enemies in between skills

so mages therefore also do MELEE damage as default auto attacks......wow thats not right

mages hav to constaintly pump out spells manually instead of getting a USEFULL auto-attack. that is y everybody has to use lvl 1 magic missle. that problem is using sp every time u cast it. sure 3 sp(or less if u empowered it) isnt much but we shouldnt hav to manually do an attack to fill in between the good attacks

my suggestion to the gms is to SLIGHTLY decrease the damage of all of the mage spells(like 5 or so damage) and add an auto attack that doesnt involve slapping the enemy with your staff/wand.

im suprised i havnt run across this problem before but this also makes mages horrible for laggers, which i am one of. now that i hav an archer i am thinking about changing over just because of the problem

do u agree or disagree? and plz no spam or stupid replies
Old 07-28-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
Revy
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Revy
Revy is on a distinguished road
Ever played Diablo & Diablo 2? Works the same way, but noone ever complained. It's still one of the bets RPGs ever made.

You have enough skills to spam, and when not, you can run. Your damage/sec is the highest from all the classes.
You didn't run into this issue because people don't see it as an issue. ^^
Old 07-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
JimJimster
Little Hob

im not saying that we dont do enough damage because we do a lot

im saying the auto attack shouldnt be a melee attack

and ive never played diablo
Old 07-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
FlyingSnow
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: FlyingSnow
Current Level: 26
Server: Teva
FlyingSnow is on a distinguished road
its fine the way it is...and ya man d2lod =] love everything on it its so ballanced. plus everyone who plays d2 has a mage and they dont care. mage is the most popular cast and ppl live with it, and so can we...to bad we cant go MF'in in fiesta thou xD!
IGN: Stick. Resevered for the rest of time.
Sever: Teva.

WHO THE HELL STOLE THE CLAN NAME SNOW! LIKE WTF! STOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STEALERRRRRRRR I HATE U!...ok so Rain is the new Snow...THIEF!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
Terranwolf
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Terranwolf
Current Level: High
Terranwolf is on a distinguished road
It's fine how it is.
It's expensive because of SP cost, though.
Other than that, you should just be aware.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Pretty soon the delay between spells will decrease.

You get more spells as you level. But the manual casting made me switch classes in CB2 lol.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
Terranwolf
Mushroom Fighter

In-Game Name: Terranwolf
Current Level: High
Terranwolf is on a distinguished road
Hmm, the only problem I've had so far is that the cooldown empower is bugged, so half (or more) of the time it won't work.

Terranwolf - OutsparkCommunity Leader
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Every RPG ive played made you press a button to cast a spell. And mages always had a basic attack of melee, so its not like this is any different. Mages deal the most damage anyway so....:P
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 AM   #9
JimJimster
Little Hob

i guess im all alone on this one lol

another point is that almost nobody buys skill lvl upgrades for magic missle either, so maybe ill settle for making magic missle lvl 1 auto repeating

watever ill just hav to deal with it then
Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Well I do kind of agree with you in a way. I would love to have an auto attack that is not melee. I mean, we can hardly tank them compared to other classes, and having a melee auto attack is a pain!

But yeah, almost all the other mmorpgs are like that, so I doubt we'll be able to get that change. D: Maybe they could do what FlyFF does, and have wands doing ranged auto-attacks while staff with melee attacks. I don't mind that either. xD

However, both are probably going to do very little damage anyway, so I think I'll just stick to the spells even if we do get ranged auto-attacks.