Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #11
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of

^ Of course we have one but only in BK.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
Unfortunately your analysis of my post is inaccurate. As I've mentioned the given scenario is based on the parameter of having hp/sp stone usage restricted, in this case a mage whose cast distance is far greater than a fighter's would easily remove the fighter's potential of casting any spells via a mana burn. From the point on the fighter is left with only regular attacks and plain chasing. With the low level of MDef a fighter posses a mage firing their skills will kill a fighter in 2 rounds, this can be done easily as the fighter won't even reach the mage after the first round of firing (even without slow). Once the mage finishes with the cool down while kiting death is certain for a fighter. I'm not saying that as a class mage> fighter, but within the given scenario the mage will win far easier against a fighter than the other two (archer can fire off shots in roughly the same distance, and given their critical rate and possibly the chance of landing a poison itll be over for the mage, and as for a cleric they simply have better MDef than a fighter with or without sp).
Lolz, if a fighter would accept to fight a mage without stones than THAT FIGHTER is a total moron, yes of course the mage will win but A FIGHTER WILL USE stones and WILL NOT accept a ridicolous fight such as that. IT"S like giving the mage all his adv while taking away all the adv from the fighter. Your example is something like this. Hey let's put a mage right next to a fighter and let's see who wins and have them both fight without skills (that would mean no spells for the mage, that is how ridicolous your example of a fight without stones between a mage and a fighter is not using stones)

A fight without pots is perfectly normal, a fight without STONES is totally ridicolous sorry for the expression but really, is hilariously ridicolous in a mage vs any other class.

BTW against an archer the mage has no chance whatsoever, Archers are known for beign Mage killers

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I'm not real keen on the whole PvP thing, because to me it is a waste of pots and stones. However, I would like to PvP a fighter that was my same level, just to see how it would go.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Well what is your current level Spirit, if u want i could find a fighter your level to do a duel .

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND
Old 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Currently 49.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 01-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
My mage 1v1'd against a fighter with critical suit and +9s (both shield and sword), few levels higher than me, burning pots and stones (I have a +3 critical hat), and beat him several times in a gw yesterday . I supposed he's an obviously very pathetic fighter in this case (Boredom on Apoline to be exact).
Old 01-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
Spirit
complete once again

Do you prefer the staff or the wand when you PvP?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #18
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

I didn't think it matters in terms of choosing which to use, just your personal preferrence for the looks I guess. Get a green staff with added INT and you have yourself a wand, or get a wand with extra aim and you have yourself a powered up staff. The damage base is just too close to be significant. I'd go for staff just for the looks but wand is my choice for gws. As for equipments that are green I always choose those that are high with END or DEX, SPR is ok for some extra mana and INT doesn't really matter for me, of course having it is great, but since most greens go with only 3 stats I go for END/DEX/SPR. Also I find having DEX very very useful (every single piece of my armor adds DEX). The fighters simply doesn't hit me well enough even with aim scrolls (imagine if I'd popped on evasion scrolls), not that I care about fighting vs fighters, but added aim helps me grind and get accepted with higher level parties, in addition to that I can hit orcs without missing at level 33.

Current equipment stats:

Wand: ZK 6% critical (do not plan to add license since I'll get to 40 fast) with 19 SPR 14 END 17 INT
Hat: Green 19 DEX 14 END 6 SPR
Boots: 19 DEX 17 END
Pants: 13 END 18 DEX 11 SPR
Armor: 19 END 14 INT 16 SPR
Rings: Brave Ring of Roumen x2

All equipments are not enhanced btw (I don't want any l30-48 enhanced since it'll be a waste of my blue miles/red eyes), maybe I'll spend a few silvers if I run into a nice l40 ggk +9.

One main reason for starting a mage is that no matter how much the other classes decide to +9 their equipment my damage isn't reduced at all on them (MDef doesn't increase no matter how much you enhance). Hence I can kill a fighter as long as I kite well (not that I can't just stand there and fight him headon with my def level). But I think kiting is the key to win (I can make a fighter burn all his stones/pots with my archer before he/she can get a chance to make me burn a few, same applies for mage, but they're more fragil in comparison). Also I've killed a cleric higher level than me fighting headon. xD

Last edited by Ethelinde; 01-22-2008 at 06:03 PM..
Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #19
marvin
Mushroom

marvin will become famous soon enough
i am a mage and i think that the mage class is the second strongest class when it comes to one on one battle. i belong to famous PvPer guild in BK and our strongest players are our mages.

there is an area in BK where the use of scrolls and pots is restricted (only stones are allowed). i was level 75 when i fought against level 90+ fighters of a strong guild (who won in the first guild tournament) there and i'm proud to say that i won against them.

i wont reveal my battle tactics (although you can easily figure it out if you watch me fight against other players), but there is a tried and tested way for mages to win a battle in 16 seconds or less.

how you configure your skills plays a very important part in winning. another, of course, is your equipment. i am an INT mage, and the INT of all my equipment is over 30. i used to be a full INT mage, but i decided to put 25 to SPR since criticals and luck usually make or break a battle.

i'll try to post my shortcut bar to show you what skills i use (and strengthen), and i hope it can help you in deciding your skill configuration to help you win against other players

マービン
76エンチャンター
SUNサーバー
http://blazeoflife.web.fc2.com
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 AM   #20
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Thanks for the input. If possible could you upload a video of one of your guild wars? xD Also if mage is the second strongest class what is in your opinion the strongest pvp class? In addition with so much differences on Outspark's Fiesta do you think your views hold true for the American version of the game as well? Finally what do you think is the fastest way for each class to level without powerleveling? Looking forward to your answers.
Closed Thread