Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #11
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei

I have ^^;; I changed it.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Why not use power increase on firebolt instead of sp decrease? Since fb naturally cost very low amounts of sp and the total drain at earlier levels (with mm/fb/ib/lb) combined would still sum to a very low amount of drain, also increased firepower helps with soloing as you kill the mob faster. Just a personal opinion, correct me if I'm wrong. Another question to ask is do you consider the earlier skills useless at higher levels (firebolt/ice bolt/lightning bolt)?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
My reasons are because naturally fb1 does more damage than mm1. I base my whole build off of SP saving and time saving, but I still do a lot of damage. And this is also if people choose to not use lvl 1 skills.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-08-2008 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #14
Neamara
Crab

In-Game Name: Neamara; Wiz Mage / Mashimara; Cleric
Current Level: Nea; lvl 28 / Mashi; lvl 18
Server: Bijou
Neamara will become famous soon enoughNeamara will become famous soon enough
Thanx Yosei, you really made a good and very useful guide
Old 01-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #15
xMIROx
Slime

In-Game Name: xMIROx
Current Level: 6x ^_^
xMIROx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post

I personally recommend the party mage build( 25 SPR, rest into INT(Party/KQ mage). Its an MMO, why would you want to solo most of the time?

Empowerments
Magic Missile- cooldown
Firebolt- cooldown and/or SP decrease
Magic Burst- SP decrease/(and) cooldown(if you aoe a lot)
Magic Blast- SP decrease
Nova Frost- SP decrease
Inferno- SP decrease

Weapons[/U]
If you want more Damage, use a wand, if you want more crits and AIM, use a staff. You get to choose between the two when level 20+
So ...you said you recommend party build that you said it has 25SPR..if you have 25 SPR you crit almost all time..i got 15 and i don't stop from criticals.

I don't agree with most of the Empowerments..
I won't comment on Inferno because I don't hv it.But, from my opinion and many other of my mages friends Frost Nova doesn't need empower...it's pretty fast if you use MagicBlast and Burst after each use of Frost Nova.

FireBolt and Magic Blast need dmg empower..why use cooldown when their cooldown is so low you can use it after each skill you do...and i used last lvl of FireBolt now I use FireBall with also dmg empower and i always hit 1000+dmg and i'm happy with it:P
Old 01-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Originally Posted by xMIROx View Post
So ...you said you recommend party build that you said it has 25SPR..if you have 25 SPR you crit almost all time..i got 15 and i don't stop from criticals.

I don't agree with most of the Empowerments..
I won't comment on Inferno because I don't hv it.But, from my opinion and many other of my mages friends Frost Nova doesn't need empower...it's pretty fast if you use MagicBlast and Burst after each use of Frost Nova.

FireBolt and Magic Blast need dmg empower..why use cooldown when their cooldown is so low you can use it after each skill you do...and i used last lvl of FireBolt now I use FireBall with also dmg empower and i always hit 1000+dmg and i'm happy with it:P
I think its a good idea to empower Sp decrease if you're going to be using it as a regular skill. It seems like in our 60s, most of our grinding is AOEing, so you're going to be using it a lot. So why not empower is with Sp decrease? Goes from 214 Sp consumption to 107.
Again, my build is based off of saving sp and time.
I don't use fireball and the lightning skills, because they have a slow cooldown, and they take up more sp.
And I didn't say to use cooldown on Magic blast, I said Sp decrease. Empowering both cooldown and sp decrease on burst will help mages who don't have Nova Frost and/or Inferno.
With my build I am going INT, and most mages will, so we naturally do a lot of damage, so why try to do more damage in a slower hit when you can still do a lot of damage, and be able to hit more, and save sp.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-11-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Old 01-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #17
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I think some people are forgetting that they don't have to follow the guide like a bible, and do exactly what it says. Things can be adjusted depending on playing style.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yup <.<
I just decided to make it incase people were lost and didn't know which to do. I am not a mage thats like "*twitch* must... have... more...DAMAGE!" I would much rather have my skills same me sp and money and still do a good amount of damage.
People still consider me a great mage, so whether people agree with me or not, its not the wrong way to go. Nor am I saying its the right.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 AM   #19
islenska
Slime

In-Game Name: islenska
Current Level: 4x
islenska is on a distinguished road
thanks for sharing your ideas on empowerment. i do see why she goes on sp saving cos it'll really save us more money in a long term...to invest in better weapons? ^^ which i think is good!

Bijou Server
Lv4x WizMage - islenska
Lv2x Cleric - Crystallis
Lv1x Fighter - xPainex
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #20
Yosei
Corgi Addict

Yup. I don't practice any production skills(stuff to sell), and I don't hunt dungeon bosses. And I have 2.5g. It doesn't make me a crappy mage. I still do a lot of damage, and my skills are still useful.
I think there is a possible thing as doing too much damage. It can be annoying for mages who don't have END in their build. I went through a period where I was constantly drawing aggro from tanks, I'd die a lot. I really disliked it.

Last edited by Yosei; 01-13-2008 at 06:38 AM..
Closed Thread