Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #21
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough

The way I see it, the same person running multiple accounts, whether it be on the same computer or different computers, is bannable. So technically, what Spirit (vending account on the third computer) is bannable. However, her son playing on the second computer is not bannable.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #22
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
ah sry i re-read the msg... "running multiple accounts is not allowed" - assuming he means for 1 person..

So even 1 person running two game on two separate computer is not allowed.

OK agree with Nav...

Then... does that imply 1 person should only have 1 account? Or it's OK to have more than 1 account, as long as we dont play them at the same time?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #23
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I sent him a second PM afterwards, but I didn't add it to the announcement, but here it is, and his reply:

Originally Posted by GM_Steam
Originally Posted by navman

Would this mean, for example, that two siblings or friends with different accounts, on different computers but in the same house (ie same internet connection) would risk being banned if they played?
That is incorrect, they have their own accounts, they are not sharing accounts, nor do they have more than one account. That is perfectly fine and good.
It reinforces what I said in my previous post.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah ok so basically... 1 account per person.... kekeke

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #25
Albireo
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: Albeir (Also Hyonmaru)
Current Level: 48 estimated lvl if no server downs had occured... 523 AND 27%
Server: Apoline
Albireo is on a distinguished road
Well if thats the case then how come we (people) cant make more than four characters per account.
That limit is the only reason i would be inclined to make another account.
I have a char for each class and say i want to try another mage, with a different build or somthing, im not going to delete one of my other characters.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
No no.

We are not limited one account per person.

However, we are limited to only playing one account at a time.

See the difference there?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #27
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Well, my third account is not just for vending. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the account is also used for when someone else in my house of 6 wants to play. So, althouth I do use it for vending, that is not the sole purpose of the account. It has 4 characters on it, all at various levels, depending on how much other people play there characters. So I should be good.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #28
x0x00x0x
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Barod
Current Level: 27
Server: Bijou
x0x00x0x is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Well, my third account is not just for vending. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the account is also used for when someone else in my house of 6 wants to play. So, althouth I do use it for vending, that is not the sole purpose of the account. It has 4 characters on it, all at various levels, depending on how much other people play there characters. So I should be good.
Would this not be account sharing though?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #29
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by x0x00x0x View Post
Would this not be account sharing though?
Hmmm.... good point. But, they said one person cannot have mutiple accounts, not multiple people having one account. But, it still goes back to it would be a hard issue to prove. If my four kids all have one character on one account, how could that be bannable or proved. I think they should be more concerned about getting rid of the spammers, bots, and macros user, than whether or not people putting money into the cash shop have more than one account, as long as they are not running those multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #30
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Yeah... as the mods said before, this is to clarify that, even though they may not be able to prove it, it's still bannable. This is to stop people posting methods on how to do dual accounts on 1 computer.

And this is like any other rule/law/regulation... if you drink drive, but you didnt get caught, you're still free of trouble. But if they do catch you, in one way or another, you've broken the law and they can arrest you.

So I reckon if they do happen to find people abusing this rule, the GMs have all the right to ban them.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread