Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
Jenny
Slime

Jenny is on a distinguished road
Mages... Most Expensive Class?

I've found it very hard to earn money...
I'm in my mid level 20's and when i grind and farm i usually use 1 hp stone for 2-3 kills or maybe more if i get mobbed. and maybe 1 sp stone per kill..
and it costs like 2-4s to restock up fully. (depends if i die or not with stones left or none)
but yeah... i've been vending, doing kingdom quests, doing the normal stuff and i find it hard for mages (well me) to be able to aford skills and other stuff we need... (and yes i do hit and run, and use scrolls). i can't make pots either cos i have stone and scroll production

any thoughts, or helpful info? let me know!
-thanks
Class - Mage
Old 10-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
amorphous
Slime

amorphous is on a distinguished road
It is very difficult to earn and save money as a Mage from levels 1 - 30/40ish. Most will constantly find themselves spending nearly every bit of cash they earn on their new spells and equipment as they level up. My advice is to solo a lot and do your best not to use HP/SP stones. This can save you a ton a money. Just take a little time to rest and use any potions that you may have if necessary. Once you get into the 30s, drops start getting much better and you'll find it a lot easier to save cash.

- Amorphous
51 Mage
Teva

Last edited by amorphous; 10-23-2007 at 12:37 AM..
Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #3
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
It is rather difficult to earn money as a Mage but thats because we're constantly sucking down HP/Sp potions/stones. Not to mention our equipment (the rare kind) is hard to come by and usually costs a ton of money. The best thing to do is to create a "farmer". What you do is make a separate character and just fight mobs until you get up to about level 10-11. Then delete that character (after putting everything in storage) and just keep repeating that. Then when you think you've got enough stuff open up a shop overnight and more than likely if your price is right everything will be sold by the time you wake up.

The best time to do that, however, is during the day when a lot of people are on. For dust just sell it all for about 15c each and for scroll materials just sell them for about 20c to about 30c each. People pay tons of money just to buy materials. Or if you've got Potion, Scroll, or Stone production just make the items using the materials and then sell them overnight. Tier 1 scrolls go for 100c each. And a stack of them will net you about 2s. But they don't sell as fast as everything else does. Elrues can be sold for about 35c or 40c. Lix for 150c to 200c each. And Xir for 700c to 800c each.

Hope this helps your financial problem. Oh and one last thing to do is to buy mini pets that are being sold for about 10s then going and selling them for 30s to 35s. Thats pretty much a 20s profit right there. But thats only if you can find them that cheap, have plenty of time, and a bit of money already. But it doesn't have to be just mini pets. You can use the "Buy low, sell high" technique with any item. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #4
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I found that my fighter was more expensive than my mage, and my cleric the cheapest of all. Fighters and mages use a lot of money on pots and stones, while clerics do not. The one thing I can say is sell everything except the bare nessecities. When ever you get a silver, put it into your storage and dont touch it. Keep doing that and by process of working with waht you have at level 20 you get 20-25 silver. At least I did anyway.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #5
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
to me , is either fighter or archer that is the most expensive to me.

Self-Proclaimed Mythical Healer
1st Class Warrior of Mont'Ka

Click here to make me grow!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #6
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
I found that my fighter was more expensive than my mage, and my cleric the cheapest of all. Fighters and mages use a lot of money on pots and stones, while clerics do not. The one thing I can say is sell everything except the bare nessecities. When ever you get a silver, put it into your storage and dont touch it. Keep doing that and by process of working with waht you have at level 20 you get 20-25 silver. At least I did anyway.
Clerics are always going to be the cheapest. They can just heal themselves which doesn't cost that much SP to use if you just empower Heal. Fighters don't use nearly as many HP/SP potions/stones as Mages do. You must've been lucky because I can't get 20-25s by level 20. Maybe 5s but thats about it. I usually never sell any of the things I produce and i've got like... a thousand Tier 1 HP potions in storage. xD
Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Everyone says cleric is the cheapest but I'm having sooooo much financial problems with my cleric. T___________T" Something isn't right!

Anyway. You could also try partying up so you don't have to use your HP stones and have a cleric heal you. Just make sure you set drops to sequential allocation so you get a share too. o:
Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
_JunShyr_*FTW*
Ice Vivi

Tournaments Won: 16

In-Game Name: Zidane
Current Level: 93
Server: Cypion
_JunShyr_*FTW* is on a distinguished road
I made 30silver by level 15 on my mage, mainly cause i just did production skills for ages so if anything go with them you can usually buy mats for the right price to still make a profit on the product. Also just wait till you go to buy then lvl 30 skills then you cry! Like me ='(
Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MagesRequiem View Post
Fighters don't use nearly as many HP/SP potions/stones as Mages do.
i'm sorry, but where do you play that fighters dont use many hp or sp stones?

lets think about it. no matter what, the fighter's taking damage, so he HAS to use HP stones, no two ways around it. even if you try to farm green monsters, you'll have to stone at least occasionally.

now a fighter can attempt to use fewer HP stones by skill spamming, but they naturally have such low SP stocks that they will end up munching through all their SP stones too.

Either way, no matter how you look at it, a fighter will always be using HP stones (which are ungodly expensive for fighters) and most of the time will be using SP stones too.

Now i never played as a mage, but general consensus from what i've heard on here and the outspark forums is that fighters are far and away the most expensive class.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I have gotten all classes up to at least level 20, some more than once. Now, it's not a lot to some people, but it's enough to learn the class enough to give opinions.

This is how I would rate(highest spending to lowest) of the classes:

-Fighters
-Mages
-Archers
-Clerics

I really don't see how this can be disputed, unless you have a lot of patience and like to sit in your house and farm green/grey monsters.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Closed Thread