Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road

yes icy. its not new at all. and yes, the reason its not on here anywere is cause those who know, simply dont want to be copied. untill recently i was no different. however, seeing thread upon thread of 'mages are underpowered' 'this is what to empower if you want to be pvp mage... 5 on magic missle'
and all the rest.. i really had no choice.

Majority of the mages honestly never had the slightest idea what they were capable off..
This is simply an eye opener.. an when mages hit 100+ on OS severs and my friends feed me information... cause we test absolutely everything. il have more eye opening information for you all.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
Snigs
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Snigs | Ayyer
Current Level: 89 | 5x
Server: BijouEu | TevaOs
Snigs is on a distinguished road
This is strange.

I play Bijou server at EU, and my FireBall has 5 power 5 c/d.. The level 85 one for me is only 15 secs - 4.5 secs Cool down..

The level 81 mBlast is 4 secs - 1.2 secs Cool down..

So this 1.2 sec/5.2 sec thing here you have wrong... Please can you screenie and show me your skill cd.

Thanks.

- Y e s P l e a s e -
Old 05-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Originally Posted by Sanastra View Post
I see many threads, talk about mages being under powered. or worse on Outspark forum.. how fighters wipe the floor with us.. This is honestly BS.
No shit.
I believe I've said many times that fighters, even 10 lvls above you,
can be dropped in 2 - 3 hits...

When to use fear

Now i admitt, i can be wrong about this.. i use fear mainly to save myself incase i havent managed to get far enough, when stifle runs out. sometimes i get enemy to critical hp and take a gamble to try and kill them. which sometimes i loose on. when this happens, i need time to cooldown and mount the next barrage of spells.
i have heard of other ideas that sound equally as viable e.g. cc fear etc. you will all find your own stifle.

Chaincast

Now this to me is my special weapon. Nowdays a fighter is too smart to stand in inferno & frost nova.. or if you try to lay double inferno, the fighter starts to run because they know there limitations.
i wont lie, its only if a fighter is standing in double inferno that a mage outdamages him. however there are ways around this.. its a funny little combo i figured out that completely takes the enemy by suprise. and the best part is.. you dont even need to cast inferno to do it.
you can do it with frostnova aswell fighters dont pay attendsion to Frostnova but seem to be more alert when they see inferno.
Anyways, here is what i do.

the right time to use this combo is when the fighter is on stifle. and his devastate fails to stun all together.

combo: Frostnova OR inferno. CC Magic Eruption/burst (cant remember what its called on OS fiesta).

yes am not lying, magic burst. when you do this combo its prettymuch = to a fighter doing stack damage.
Fighter takes the damage of 3 powerful spells in under 2 seconds, leaving them pretty confused as towards what just happened.

Dont give them time to get there heads around it. blast them with fireball and magic blast combo. stone heals/pots honestly will not be fast enough.

AOE'S
This is my wall. i use it defensively. i try as manytimes as i can, to lay frostnova and inferno at my feet before blasting the fighter.
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TRY TO LAY AND AOE WHEN STUNNED.. i dunno if this happens on OS.. but if you do it when stunned on EU fiesta.. you end up stuck for like 12seconds. unable to move at all. by the time you get out of it. fighter is just about ready to devastate again.

Distance Gaining Spells

The combonation is simple and the heading shows its purpose.

IB,LB/LBst. if more distance is needed. use spells such as spell steal. and that manage killing one (cant remember name)
It is rare that i use any of those 3 spells to be honest, after being able to combo magic blast& fireball. the rest of the spells seemed pretty uneeded.

Ill leave others to explain styles of play in more detail.

You judge others style of play and tell us we're wrong.. yet your way of "dropping people" seems very slow to me. All this aoe bull shit... your mage should be so powerful the opponent drops after 6-7 spells... which was usually the case unless I was fighting a CS whore.

On the countdown before you 1v1 pop your chain cast.
When the battle begins hit your fear, fireball, - insert what ever spells you use here - and if they arnt dropped by the 3k hits you've just done, pop the other fear.. by the second fear 90% of players are dead.

Only time I would ever use your way of fighting, and bothered to waste the time to drop aoe's was when I was fighting a cleric, as for they have naturally good M.Def and don't die as easy when feared.

Don't think your so godly, because I highly doubt you are

Last edited by MikeyG; 05-14-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #24
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
unfortunately i am from EU fiesta. but if i finally get completely pissed off with the fact that our tough cookie pack only gives 1 charm. or that our goldnines cost the same ammount as red eyes and can only be brought 1 at a time -.-.... if i come to OS i promise you will be the first to know Edward.

You should be thankful. Seems like your Cash Shop isn't as big as the one on OS.

Maybe some of the differences in play are due to that.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
No shit.
I believe I've said many times that fighters, even 10 lvls above you,
can be dropped in 2 - 3 hits...

You judge others style of play and tell us we're wrong.. yet your way of "dropping people" seems very slow to me. All this aoe bull shit... your mage should be so powerful the opponent drops after 6-7 spells... which was usually the case unless I was fighting a CS whore.

When the battle begins hit your fear, fireball, - insert what ever spells you use here - and if they arnt dropped by the 3k hits you've just done, pop the other fear.. by the second fear 90% of players are dead.

Only time I would ever use your way of fighting, and bothered to waste the time to drop aoe's was when I was fighting a cleric, as for they have naturally good M.Def and don't die as easy when feared.

Don't think your so godly, because I highly doubt you are
First of. please if possible refrain from swearing.
Second. i am not the bible. am simply stateing a different way to play. a way that works, and doesnt depend on double fear.. everyone plays to the style that suites them.
i did not at any point claim to be godly.. far from it.. i asked others to post info on gears..
your post seems rude and arrogant to me.. but maybe thats just in my head. if you dont like it, dont take in any of the information.. i dont need to explain why i do things the way i do.. and i wont. thank you
Old 05-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I never do that though. I only cast skills after count down is finished. Just seems a bit weird to do it before count down, though I acknowledge the fact that clerics (and maybe fighters) cast their buffs beforehand.. just that I don't really consider CC to be a buff.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #27
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
The godly bit was a joke if you couldn't tell by the little blue face winking back at you.

Quote:
your post seems rude and arrogant to me
You bet.

Anyways I disagree with this "style of play"

chain cast >fear > spam skills > fear > spam skills <3

Thats the way a mage should play, droppin people without losin a single HP,
sounds like a good game plan to me.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 AM   #28
Snigs
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Snigs | Ayyer
Current Level: 89 | 5x
Server: BijouEu | TevaOs
Snigs is on a distinguished road
The godly bit was a joke if you couldn't tell by the little blue face winking back at you.

You bet.

Anyways I disagree with this "style of play"

chain cast >fear > spam skills > fear > spam skills <3

Thats the way a mage should play, droppin people without losin a single HP,
sounds like a good game plan to me.
Sammme, but, when the fighter runs at me, i use ice blast, , then lay an inferno infront of me, then CC fear, spam, fear, spam. Most of the time the fighter runs through the inferno once or twice

EDIT: I'd like to point out this Sanastra person is NOT from EU servers... We don't have the fireball 5.2 sec, mBlast 1.2 sec C/D yet

- Y e s P l e a s e -
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #29
taran11
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: taran11,Taran12
Current Level: 90,60
taran11 is on a distinguished road
I dont mean to interupt u all lol, but i read ak posts u did here,but i wanna what is the best biuld for pvp and grinding both.with +9 gears and +) my mage is 58 only just wanna know best biuld till 60~67 or 70 lol cuz i just wanna know and inferno migth keep playing all way lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #30
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Snigs View Post
EDIT: I'd like to point out this Sanastra person is NOT from EU servers... We don't have the fireball 5.2 sec, mBlast 1.2 sec C/D yet
unfortunately i am from EU fiesta. but if i finally get completely pissed off with the fact that our tough cookie pack only gives 1 charm. or that our goldnines cost the same ammount as red eyes and can only be brought 1 at a time -.-.... if i come to OS i promise you will be the first to know Edward.
i have comfirmed all of this with my friends from OS

I believe that he plays the EU version but browses OS forums and talked to people on the OS version. He listed what applies on this (OS) version.
Closed Thread