Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Sanastra is on a distinguished road
Pvp mage Final Lesson

Okay, am going to make this short an simple. because from all the forums i have seen, no one has statted this.

I am a mage from EU fiesta, i wont mention my name because friends will shoot me for sharing this.

Upon all forum builds i hear things like..

Empowerments: 5cooldown magic missle
5power magic blast
5power fireball
5cooldown & 5power frost nova
5cooldown inferno
5 duration fear

They change from time to time.. but this is the general thing u hear...
Am sorry.. but this is honestly a flaud build, when it comes to Pvp.

The only mage who has made points that i can relate to would be EdwardWarlock . But even that is based on how to fight. not what skills to empower.

I see many threads, talk about mages being under powered. or worse on Outspark forum.. how fighters wipe the floor with us.. This is honestly BS.

The thing i have noticed about a mage is.. the difference between pvp and pve build. = one skill reset scroll. i will tell you the empowerments that really should be done.

Sanastra's Empowerments.

Fear: 5cooldown / 5 duration

Fear is a defensive spell.. it is not the spell u start the fight with. its the spell u use to buy time and recover.

Stifle: 5 cooldown / 5 duration

If you do this to stifle. whoever ur fighting only has 24 seconds inwhich they can kill you before being stifled again.. if you learn the timing of this spell. and learn to lay frostnova as its about to end. (freezing your opponent) you can then kit until stifle's has cooled down.
In addition to this, as EdwardWarlock stated. if a stifled fighter devastates you, your given about 4 seconds to run a fair distance before your character gets stunned. this means that by the time the fighter runs up to you. your already halfway through devastates duration.

Now for your REAL machinegun and Bazooka.

Magic Blast : 5cooldown / 5power

I will let you in on a secret that not many mages know about. at level 89 if you have spent 5cooldown on this spell. despite what wiki lies and says.. its cooldown actually becomes 1.2seconds. meaning this spell is as spammable as magic missle. in addtion to having a BK +9 wand/staff, This will tear apart anyclass.

Fireball : 5 cooldown/ 5power

Another handy fact wiki forgot to include. if you have spent 5cooldown on fireball, its cooldown at 85 becomes about 5.2seconds.
Now do you all see were am going with this? .
A mage has the ability to combo MB/FB/MB/MB/MB/FB and repeat the process. damaging a fighter for 900-1200 per HIT. and criticalling 1800-2400 OR higher.. This along with a maxed lic BK wand. along with crit gear will murder anyclass.

i will put it all in one what my empowerments are.

MagicBlast: 5cooldown/5power (now you know why)
Fireball: 5cooldown/5power (you know it makes sense)
Stifle: 5cooldown/5power
Fear: 5cooldown/5power
Chaincast: 5cooldown.

now you would have noticed. i dont have anything in my aoe's.. why, cause this = pvp spec.
TBH. leveling with inferno/frost nova is still easy as pie. chaincast makes a huge difference, allowing me to be good with aoe reguardless of its lack of empowerment.

But for those of you who cant stand the long cooldowns. if you want to change from pvp to pve. you simply reset the 10 of magic blast. and put it on frostnova and inferno cooldown.
For those of you who can afford +9 weaps and armour.. a stat reset scroll everynow and then isnt gonna kill ya.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

How you play

First of all, its important to know your limits, and your durations.
namely the spell called 'Stifle'
I know exactly how many spells i can cast before it runs out.
i can stifle blast my enemy to hell, and cast frostnova with 2seconds to start running before it ends.

(this information = against a fighter. otherclasses have never really bothered me. so you guys can figure out other classes for your selfs. or a pro mage can fill in what i missed out.

'Stifle' is your main weapon, use it every chance you get..

When to use fear

Now i admitt, i can be wrong about this.. i use fear mainly to save myself incase i havent managed to get far enough, when stifle runs out. sometimes i get enemy to critical hp and take a gamble to try and kill them. which sometimes i loose on. when this happens, i need time to cooldown and mount the next barrage of spells.
i have heard of other ideas that sound equally as viable e.g. cc fear etc. you will all find your own stifle.

Chaincast

Now this to me is my special weapon. Nowdays a fighter is too smart to stand in inferno & frost nova.. or if you try to lay double inferno, the fighter starts to run because they know there limitations.
i wont lie, its only if a fighter is standing in double inferno that a mage outdamages him. however there are ways around this.. its a funny little combo i figured out that completely takes the enemy by suprise. and the best part is.. you dont even need to cast inferno to do it.
you can do it with frostnova aswell fighters dont pay attendsion to Frostnova but seem to be more alert when they see inferno.
Anyways, here is what i do.

the right time to use this combo is when the fighter is on stifle. and his devastate fails to stun all together.

combo: Frostnova OR inferno. CC Magic Eruption/burst (cant remember what its called on OS fiesta).

yes am not lying, magic burst. when you do this combo its prettymuch = to a fighter doing stack damage.
Fighter takes the damage of 3 powerful spells in under 2 seconds, leaving them pretty confused as towards what just happened.

Dont give them time to get there heads around it. blast them with fireball and magic blast combo. stone heals/pots honestly will not be fast enough.

AOE'S
This is my wall. i use it defensively. i try as manytimes as i can, to lay frostnova and inferno at my feet before blasting the fighter.
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TRY TO LAY AND AOE WHEN STUNNED.. i dunno if this happens on OS.. but if you do it when stunned on EU fiesta.. you end up stuck for like 12seconds. unable to move at all. by the time you get out of it. fighter is just about ready to devastate again.

Distance Gaining Spells

The combonation is simple and the heading shows its purpose.

IB,LB/LBst. if more distance is needed. use spells such as spell steal. and that manage killing one (cant remember name)
It is rare that i use any of those 3 spells to be honest, after being able to combo magic blast& fireball. the rest of the spells seemed pretty uneeded.

Ill leave others to explain styles of play in more detail.

Last edited by Sanastra; 05-12-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: added the infomation
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

Build advice

Tbh.. i cant fault anyone here
Full int works
25spr/full int(what i use) works.
one build that does work but you dont see much of though, and you will probably shoot me for saying this.
Full Dex WORKS!

yes, insult me now! i said it loool.
but honestly. evasion is the best defence against an axe. and you will notice the miss rate.

Remember, critical is the difference between winning and loosing.. so do whatever you can to raise your critical. crit suites/helmets/earrings/concentrationscrolls. anything, at all. you cant get enough crit, am serious.

This is simply my 2cents, you dont have to follow it if you dont want to.. i actually dont mind if you dont. it just means am better than you.

Hope this has been helpful.

o yeah. P.S. i do not use +9 armour. someone who does would take this specification to new limits.

Last edited by Sanastra; 05-12-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: infomation added
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Just a note - I'm not sure if the wiki has gotten the wrong info. You are in a different version so it's possible that you guys have slightly different CDs and things from OS's version.

I can try confirm it this weekend if I remember with my mage, since I have spare points.

But I kind of really doubt our version will reduce a 15 sec CD spell down to 5 sec with 5 points. Unless the higher level spells change CDs =/
Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
MB is true.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by a.L View Post
MB is true.
From 4 seconds to 1.2 seconds? Not 4 - 1.2 sec = 2.8 sec? D:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of

Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
Sanastra
Fire Mushroom

i have comfirmed all of this with my friends from OS Blaaaaah. its correct. trust me.
i just was told not to reveal it

Originally Posted by a.L View Post

thanks A.L
Old 05-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Feel free to correct ''wrong'' info in the Wiki.

Sounds about perfect for PvP builds, but I don't think it's entirely new info. Heard about similar builds from pre-79 cap. Still awesome nonetheless and finally amalgamated in a post.

It's easy to lost hope against people who go full-out on CS =/
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

*0*! Wow that's cool. Is it planned or is it bugged... o_o Cos I've never heard anything about this! But yepyep feel free to point our errors in the wiki and/or correct them... xD

(haven't read your updated posts yet, will do later)