Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #11
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock

Good points. I really hate casting times, and outside of the AOEs, I think that they should go the hell away.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 04-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
At lower level the cast time annoyed me too.. esp when I was playing an archer at the same time and everything was BANG BANG BANG

But once i got my AOEs I have so many skills i just ditched the one with cast times LOL

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #13
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
In the long run the single damage spells with casting times (magic blast, fireball) are the most potent spells in pvp. You can get into trouble trying to use them, and the other spells are pretty weak, like Ice/Lightning blast. Fear and Stifle are good too, but you have to be careful. I just think against a fighter you have too much HP to watch out for, and someone is rushing you with stationary cast time skills.

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 04-01-2009 at 11:59 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah fighters are hard to take down.. I don't even bother with them LOL!

I just fear them away and run... good thing is their stun doesnt really last long enough to kill most of the time... (in PVP KQ)

There's still 3/4 of the population for me to target though...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #15
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Yeah fighters are hard to take down.. I don't even bother with them LOL!

I just fear them away and run... good thing is their stun doesnt really last long enough to kill most of the time... (in PVP KQ)

There's still 3/4 of the population for me to target though...
Depends on the fighter. Some people increase the duration, which can be really nasty if timed right on a long DEF opponent.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #16
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Yeah it might depend on the player. I dueled with Blaaaaah same level, I have more +9 armour (which is apparently useless against a mage!) And I lost about 95% of the time...
It is useless, and the creators clearly intended it to be that way.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #17
CrazyVietFs
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: CrazyVietFs, CrazyAboutU, FadingSensation, SmexyCrazy
Current Level: Fighter 79, Cleric 6x, Archer 89, Mage, 6x
Server: Teva, Bijou
CrazyVietFs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CrazyVietFs Send a message via MSN to CrazyVietFs Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyVietFs
well the max duration for devaste only last up to 7.5 or 8 second, but that is plenty of times for me to take someone of with Vit, I kept on add point to extend Vit duration so, i can deal so much damage with +9 Axe, with full str built, tier 3 speed, "if you have tier 3 speed, people with hammer can't chase you down lmao" kept this secret to FF lol ^^
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #18
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Yeah, I get annoyed when the person has empowered devastate and their stun outlasts my fear!!

Devastate do sort of have a cast time (maybe not cast time, but skill animation?), just not as long as fire ball or magic blast.

I mean, you can't really stop them from casting the stun, but I can fear them in time if I see them using devastate on me. Problem is.. my fear doesn't stop them from stunning me, so yeah. In the end though, I still get enough time to run (usually).

I rarely outlast the stun though if I didn't fear them away at the same time. Make that never. The only times I did was:

1) the fighter did not have a +9
2) the fighter had the casting range bug
3) the fighter only auto attacked for whatever reason

No. 1) rarely happens.
No. 2) makes me happy and is pure luck.
No. 3) is when my HP stone can save me from being killed before stun ends.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #19
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
Yeah, I get annoyed when the person has empowered devastate and their stun outlasts my fear!!

Devastate do sort of have a cast time (maybe not cast time, but skill animation?), just not as long as fire ball or magic blast.

I mean, you can't really stop them from casting the stun, but I can fear them in time if I see them using devastate on me. Problem is.. my fear doesn't stop them from stunning me, so yeah. In the end though, I still get enough time to run (usually).

I rarely outlast the stun though if I didn't fear them away at the same time. Make that never. The only times I did was:

1) the fighter did not have a +9
2) the fighter had the casting range bug
3) the fighter only auto attacked for whatever reason

No. 1) rarely happens.
No. 2) makes me happy and is pure luck.
No. 3) is when my HP stone can save me from being killed before stun ends.
Yeah sometimes the stun lasts longer than the fear duration. And at least when you stunned you stay in one place, instead of chasing your opponent down when they run feared out of casting rage and Inferno/Nova range. An auto-attack plus fighter can carve through a mage without +9 armor. It's a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #20
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

well.. I guess each class needs to have someone that they're weak against... with stifle Mage would be fairly effective against clerics, which most other classes cannot pierce through...

Fighters can be strong against low defence mages... but that is if they can reach you... I still think slowness + fear (chain cast fear if need be) is an effective way of running away LOL Not necessarily killing them but... at least we have a hope to survive when we're allowed to run.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread