Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #11
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

There all good for pve, cept the duration time on fear.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 AM   #12
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Gotcha.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Nymphetamine
Imp

In-Game Name: Tsukikage / Nymphetamine
Current Level: 6x / 4x
Nymphetamine is on a distinguished road
I'd say not to emprove too much skills that you won't use at ~5x-60+ because as you know most of spells change and than you have to start from the begin with skill emprove. I'd say check which skills you'll keep and which you won't use anymore, and emprove only the ones you'll use even after 60.
Donno on what you usually put your emprove points, but I think best thing to do is to put them at cooldown, gonna be useful
Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #14
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
My empowerments @ 89

Magic Blast - Damage (5pts) & CD (5pts) This skill is now spammable with full CD 4.0secs - 2.8secs (1.0 sec cast time) the Wiki needs correcting

Fire Ball - Damage (5pts)

Frost Nova - CD (5pts)

Inferno - CD (5pts)

Chain Cast - CD (5pts)

Drain Mind (Fear) - CD (5pts) & Duration (5pts)

Stifle - CD (4pts)

u shouldn't be spamming MM1 anymore so the points in CD can be removed. Same goes for firebolt CD.

Other options for empowerments would have been Fire Ball - Cooldown, or Stifle - Duration.

I debated about Duration or CD on Stifle, but with the new PvP KQ being a factor, along with Guild Wars, CD was a more sensible choice than the 1vs1 based Duration empowerment.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Thanks for the information! That'll help me quite a bit (you just missed the necro deadline :P)
Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #16
FatalLace
Kebing

Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Thanks for the information! That'll help me quite a bit (you just missed the necro deadline :P)
woot i know XD .. thought the info given was still relevant though

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Mages Can Be Beasts.
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
So... what sort of skill empowerments have you guys done for your mages 49+? I know you get that... Magic Blast(?). Is that chained with MM?

And I've empowered the 1st tier magic spells... do I keep that and just add on to the 2nd tiers? O_o
I chain MM and MB together, yes. Some players (like myself) drop the cooldown on Magic Blast to spam it like Magic Missle, because the cooldown time on Magic Blast doesn't change with the higher levels of this spell. I think it's a good idea, but I only dumped like two points into the cooldown (no need to waste points), and kept the damage as it is because it's so good, but feel free to play around with damage empowerment. Try using one point in the cooldown for youself and experiment, don't max it all at once. I discovered that a few seconds (or half a second) makes all the difference, because MM1 and MB at lvl 49 and up can become your new machine guns.

Before I learned MB, I had full max damage and cooldown empowerments on Firebolt. I kept it at lvl one, but it still recharges slower than a MB at the same level with the same empowerment (FB 5.0 Cooldown 30~37 DMG [default], MB 4.0 Cooldown 437~533 DMG [default]). Basically I purchased a reset scroll to restribute the points, because Firebolt at lvl 8 does a whopping 815~941 damage by it's lonely. Of course now it has a longer 15.0 second cooldown, but it's a nice spell to whip out in between MM1 and MB if you even get the chance to use it.

Trying to cooldown a 15.0 second single-target spell like Fire Bolt and Fireball is retarded (unless it's Frost Nova), so I used the reset scroll to get those points back for future spells (like Frost Nova lol).

As far as Ice Blast, I think it's better in the long run, although it isn't instant cast like Ice Bolt. However, Ice Bolt's max lvl 8 damage (328~381) is garbage compared to a lvl 1 Ice Blast (271~340), and Ice Blast can be upgraded a few more times for more damage (the max is (637~798), unlike the max lvl 8 Ice Bolt (ooh 41 more points of damage than a Ice Blast of the 1st level). You can chuck Ice Bolt after you learn this spell, since they share same cooldown and you can't alternate between them like Fire Bolt and Fire Blast. This spell is really only good as a luring spell anyway. After that, you'll be ticking off monsters back and forth switching between MM1 (max cooldown) and MB (max cooldown), tossing in Fire Bolt lvl 8 and Lightning lvl 8 for insane damage and kicks (make sure you back up a bit with those LB's).

And by all means, use the points you saved from my thesis to for other good AOEs, like Magic Burst (cooldown/damage/both) or the all important Frost Nova. Remember, you'll later learn Chain Casting, so save those points!

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 12-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Damage Point corrections.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #18
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG

Green for both pve and pvp ofcourse and purple are mainly for pvp... the other skills u can easily live without...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #19
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post

Green for both pve and pvp ofcourse and purple are mainly for pvp... the other skills u can easily live without...
LOL Mikey is on point. I use the garbage spells when i'm helping my academy lackeys.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
FatalLace
Kebing

Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post

Trying to cooldown a 15.0 second single-target spell like Fire Bolt and Fireball is retarded (unless it's Frost Nova), so I used the reset scroll to get those points back for future spells (like Frost Nova lol).
i haven't empowered it, but i wouldn't argue with anyone that has, but why would u think it's retarded to empower the CD on your most powerful skill (Fireball)? it has greater damage than Magic Blast, though it's not spammable. it is useful, just depends on what else u've empowered.. it's a nice to have, not a need to have.

at later levels, u'd be better off empowering the CD of Fireball than leaving it in MM1

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Closed Thread