Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
Gobbledydook
Hungry Wolf

In-Game Name: Gobbledydook
Current Level: 100 Glad!
Server: Epith
Gobbledydook is on a distinguished road

Trickster is NOT completely useless in pvp.

Based on what I have seen (there are a few lv100+ reapers in Epith already), I can make a guide. My assumption will be that you are looking at the Reaper class, because prestige-level pvp is the most sophisticated pvping.

Reaper's Repertoire:

1. Soul stealing moves. Generally in pvp battles burst damage is what counts. It doesn't matter if you can do a LOT of damage in the long run because HP stones can also heal a LOT of damage in the long run. You have to kill faster than they heal.
Therefore a Reaper would seek to pile up souls to release in a flurry of strong attacks.

2. Damage-oriented soul attacks. For the fast kill. Generally I think the reaper should be focusing on the strongest skill, while other soul attacks would be for backup.

3. Enfeeblement+Soul Trap. Enfeeble slows, then soul trap immobilizes the enemy for 10 seconds just like ice field. Awesome stunning move. But since it is a 2-move combo it may be more difficult against mages who can dispel.

4. That prestige pulling move (Forgot the name). It looks awesome, like an invisible force dragging the enemy against his own will. Then there is a stun window of around 2-3 secs. Though I have exploited a weakness in the move before, right when the pulling part stops I can use devastate and stun xD

5. Amazing Concentration and Master Plan (I think they are called that). One of them allows a move to be cast without spending souls, the other allows a move to ignore CD. So a combo of master plan -> strongest move -> amazing conc -> master plan -> next strongest move -> 3rd strongest move would do the 350% damage bonus 3 times which is scary. Plus it can be used to chaincast soul trap combo.

6. Buffs and debuffs. Not really significant, save taking less damage from mage AOE and doing more DOT damage which is not really significant in pvp. It only means that mages will have to rely on MB rather than nova/inferno.

7. A lot of evasion. That pretty much means mages may have a hard time hitting them. I tried with a Gladiator, gladiators have enough aim to nail them. Their def, which isn't really high, is inconsequential, because they simply have toooooo low HP.

That's the whole repertoire for reaper. Now the strategies and match-ups.

Generally speaking, the first thing is to get Enfeeblement, a soul-stealing move, then soul trap on. These 3 things are needed to make the stun work. Once the stun is on, you have 10 seconds to pwn your opponent before they unfreeze and squish you.

Because of the need to focus on burst damage, I would pile up all the soul stealing skills to get to 7 souls. Then I would use the chaincast combo above to do 3 very hurting attacks, then follow up with soul -> attack -> soul etc.

Chaincasting soul trap is a bad idea in my opinion because if you can't kill them in 10 seconds, another 10 seconds probably isn't going to do the job.

Matchups:

Gladiator, probably lost. The high eva of reapers is generally not high enough to dodge gladiators who often have a LOT of aim. If the reaper is stunned, then switch to mighty set, vitality, slash set, fatal slash, faceroll kill. But if stun misses or somehow fails, and you trap him, it's another story. The gladiator will shroom up, and start using hp stones when their HP gets low. Gladiators' good defense will help them a lot here (assuming he didn't use vitality too early), but you have a chance. But it's a bad matchup.

Knight: No chance. No fatal slash, can't get through defense. Period.

Holy Knight and Guardian: Probably a win. They can't do any significant damage to you, due to their low damage and aim. They can't heal while under soul trap, and you have 10 seconds to kill which is a lot. Though if you're an idiot and don't run away while waiting for soul trap to recharge...don't blame me for getting bashed dead.

Archers: Win. Pulling move, stun, pwn. Archers are seriously underpowered.

Warlock: Sleep can mess you up here, because you don't have Violence. And since they will keep running it may be hard to get your soul trap combo on. +9 jewellery is crucial here to survive their magic blasts. You have an advantage in that their AOEs are not effective on you, so icefield-aoe combo is not very strong. Once you land your stun, warlock is dead. Stifle is annoying as ever, so run when you get stifled.

Wizard:
Wizard here has an advantage. Your low defense means that their Skeletons can eat you alive. Stifle, slow, skeletons, MB spam, ouch. Though if you get soul trap on, again dead wizard.

Reaper:

Mirror match, 50-50 lol?

So hope this helps. Tricksters are not useless in pvp. They are similar to gladiators in their pvp, with stun and spam faceroll attacks. Though I think glad is better due to vitality and fatal slash xD
Gobbledydook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

Scottlee38 is on a distinguished road
Whoever thought this class equaled out everything was high. Even with all classes equally charmed to the max, it just goes back to your classes abilities. I really want to meet the guys who designed fiesta, he needs to be open for ideas. The concept should be that each class has equal chance at killing each other, unless assassinated. Isnt that the traditional MMORPG?
Scottlee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #13
Gobbledydook
Hungry Wolf

In-Game Name: Gobbledydook
Current Level: 100 Glad!
Server: Epith
Gobbledydook is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scottlee38 View Post
Whoever thought this class equaled out everything was high. Even with all classes equally charmed to the max, it just goes back to your classes abilities. I really want to meet the guys who designed fiesta, he needs to be open for ideas. The concept should be that each class has equal chance at killing each other, unless assassinated. Isnt that the traditional MMORPG?
No-one ever said adding Trickster would equal everything out. That was never OS's intention.
What are OS's intentions?

1. Garner more interest in the game by introducing a new element.
2. Earn more money from people who buy SC for their new tricksters.
Gobbledydook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
thehipman
Mushroom

thehipman is on a distinguished road
the trickster is a NEW class and its a mele DD how many mmorpg's do you know have a mele DD not many. Also there probly gonna rebalance it soon. I hope they add an AoE or a passive skill that adds a massive dex(for evasion) which makes your dodge more and hence force LESS DAMAGE TAKENNNNNN
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

Uhhh yea less damage taken but not less enough sadly, that would require a maaaaad evasion. You still die painfully. I havent seen a trix win a battle peacefully yet, unless he was 10 levels above the opponent. So theres really room for improvement. And yes there are other mmorpgs with a decent Sin class.

Last edited by Scottlee38; 05-23-2011 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: edit errors
Old 11-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
Infernal_Tempest
Imp

In-Game Name: Ceranio/Chaos_Rage/S0UL_R34P3R
Current Level: 86/69/44
Server: Teva
Infernal_Tempest is on a distinguished road

To support and prove how epic Tricksters (Reapers in this case) really are.
-Chimata_Hero (Level 49 Cleric)
-S0UL_R34P3R (Level 44 Gambit)

"It is better to die a noble death protecting the ones you cherish, than to live a life of despair whilst shedding endless tears on the graves of the ones you loved so much. Oblivious of the fact that your cowardice was the reason of their deaths..." ~Infernal Tempest
Infernal_Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
Effilya
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Kiralia (Mage)
Current Level: 53
Server: Teva
Effilya is on a distinguished road
Not to revive old threads or anything but the video shown in the post above is epic, ive seen it more then once and i find it epic all the time lol. Im a new trickster and i find the class to be very tricky to play but fun all the same lol The only thing i don't like about the trickster is the low defence it has and puttin End into the build i find is useless but thats just me.

~Effie~
Effilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
Wizardcool11
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: Yangwu_II; Yangwu_V
Current Level: 64; 26
Server: Bijou
Wizardcool11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Imo trix is definitely not useless. Even with no aoes they can take the mobs down almost as fast. At low levels, when he has a buff he is able to tank loads of mobs in kqs. At high lvls, they have goOd gears and scrolls to use makes them able to do any crap to the monster they want... And from my experience so far, out damaging mages occasionally... The only place I wouldn't really want them that much is when fighting a boss that can AoE. That's sucks unless they have good gears
Wizardcool11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
kingoheats
Slime

kingoheats is on a distinguished road
I know a 49 trix who can best me. Trix need gear for one. Get some +9s and try it out. I do admit though they need to redo skils and such. The skills they have are weak. Id like to see a a few good aoe skill or two. I think though trix are more of support. Tbh i think pvp should be team based more. And peeps need to loos buffs. Id like to see os do a thing were if you enter pvp with a buff higher then you lvl you loose it xD
kingoheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #20
Scottlee38
Angry Wolf

So im back after a long time. I made a reaper, and let me tell ya it was exciting at first but full of disappointment in the end.

Anybody with dex in build or on gear can kill you, especially gladiators. Concussive charge as of today will get past ALL of the tricksters moves, and i mean ALL no matter what combination you use unless it doesn't stick which most likely it will. There's even a video to prove it.

Mages with dex can eat a reaper by using stifle when it tries to use force slash and laying AOEs once its trapped in icefield. The reaper will then chain binding blow in hopes to grab the mage, but instead the mage uses blink or fear to bypass that.(Yes anybody can cast a skill during binding blow, the dragging move.)

As for the video of epic reaper PvP. King claws takes on 110 mages as a 105 reaper. He has not only SL sets, but ML sets. His Mdef hits about 2.2K or so in his videos. He even said he had a few +9 jewels. A warlock with an ML wand would easily chew him up. Obviously he edited his deaths out of the video.

You might say that spectres as an alternative are protected from most disablers in PvP with the resilience buff, but no it only works in PvE.

You're better off choosing a fighter or mage for PvP in this game, since OS is clearly loves those two classes.

Last edited by Scottlee38; 03-31-2012 at 05:51 AM..