Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
Combos?

I was reading the Mage guide and it was talking bout combos. Do combos have added damage? Or is it just to look pretty? At work right now so i can't really test it out.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Well depending on how it's used some may be more efficient than the other.

Some may be more dmg as fast as possible others maybe more dmg overtime. [Assuming]
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
yeah, obviously to get max spike damage, you just spam every skill at it's highest level. but by using MM1 and/or Fb1 and utilizing their faster cooltime, you can have a higher DPS.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Well, i just want to know if it's more like a "Tekken" kinda combo where you see "1 hit", "2 hit", "3 hit combo!!" and it has special effects or is it more like spamming and pressing the buttons to be able to cast quickly and sequentially? Just trying to understand the "linguo."
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Current Level: 28
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by .o0O0O0o. View Post
Well, i just want to know if it's more like a "Tekken" kinda combo where you see "1 hit", "2 hit", "3 hit combo!!" and it has special effects or is it more like spamming and pressing the buttons to be able to cast quickly and sequentially? Just trying to understand the "linguo."

just just spamming specific spells in a certain order to acheive the highest damage possible in a given time.

i.e. Magic Missle(max) then firebolt(max) then icebolt then magic missle(1) then lightning bolt then magic missle(max) is a good 6 hit combo which will deal a fair amount of damage quickly. it doesn't say "6 hit combo" or anything special like that on your screen, but it is an established combo that deals a given amount of damage.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
_JunShyr_*FTW*
Ice Vivi

Tournaments Won: 16

In-Game Name: Zidane
Current Level: 93
Server: Cypion
_JunShyr_*FTW* is on a distinguished road
Nah combo's dont effect damage or anything.... its just the same as casting the skill normally. Well i havnt found any bonus dmg from combo'ng.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

I came up with one yesterday. It goes MM1, ICE(max), MM1, FIRE(max), MM1, LIGHT(max), MM(max). I'm getting the hang of this.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
When i'm fighting bosses i generally go with the following...

MM(Max) then ICE(Max) then wait a few secs for MM to cool then...
MM(Max) then FIRE(Max) then wait another few seconds, then...
MM(Max) then LIGHTNING(Max) then another few seconds for MM to cool... then repeat.

Your longest cooldown is 15sec and Magic Missle cools in 4 seconds, so by the time you get into the groove of the pattern, you only have 15 - 12 = 3 seconds of non-spell casting time per 15 seconds which you can distribute out evenly or use to chat while you're killing. Rounding down damage for a boss like the Cave Marlone (at level 25 or so) is about 100 dmg per spell. So you damage per second (DPS) works out to be a steady 100 damage per second for as long as you have the SP for it. Not too shabby!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #9
Conan Doyle
Slime

Conan Doyle is on a distinguished road
I prefer to use this combo when fighting boss or have tank, and I thought that I can deal the most damage, but less SP when compare with you use all max LV, too. Here is my combo: (I got Cool Down LV 5 for my firebolt)

1 MM -> 1 FB -> 1 MM -> Max IB -> 1 MM -> 1 FB -> 1 MM -> Max LB -> 1 MM -> 1 FB -> 1 MM.

After that, you will have little delay, because FB, IB and LB still cool down, but that's very small of time. After that, you can go with that combo before. No delay, you continue to casting and if my FB LV 1 can deal 70 damage on the boss, my Firebolt LV 4 only can do 100, the different is not much when you compare with cool down.

If you close the target enough, you can add MB to your combo then that will be sure non-stop casting (but don't try it :P).
Old 10-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #10
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
I only use one combo with my Mage. It works out pretty well... I guess. I'm not really into making things more complicated than they seem. It goes like this:

MM [01] -> FB [01] -> IB [MAX] -> LB [MAX] -> Repeat

I don't always cast Ice Bolt and Lightning Bolt in that order. I keep Fire Bolt and Magic Missile at level 01 for their low cool down time. That way I can pop them off faster and deal more DPS.
Closed Thread