Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Mages at 1v1?

Not to be pessimistic but personally I believe mages are the weakest at 1v1, even with good kiting/skill spams/order of use. Once stunned by a fighter/poisoned by archer/caught up by cleric its pretty much over for a mage. In addition to that a friend of mine mentioned about fear having a high rate of failure against those that are high in MDef (such as full spr cleric?). With my reason of building a mage being to wreak havoc in guild wars is there any senior players willing to share their thoughts on this subject? (Esp against archers/clerics).
Old 01-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah, I agree =/ I mean, if we have a strong cleric who can take hits while healing, we're unstoppable. But, on our own, I think we're gunna get our butts owned. But eh, it should be in good fun.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
What about all the buff steal, buff canx, mana burn, etc. spells mages have? You dont think they'd even it up? I agree that we're in pretty big trouble once you get poisoned, or somebody gets up in your face. I dont have any of the pvp spells, but i'd imagine they're pretty useless with a fighter on top of you.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Amanda2_0
Speedy Honeying

In-Game Name: Amanda2_0
Server: Teva
Amanda2_0 will become famous soon enoughAmanda2_0 will become famous soon enough
well I have done some no pots/no stones 1V1 with lvl 60+ mages and I find the two classes to be well balanced. In more typical battle where ppl use stone/pots a mage has no hope whatsoever of taking down a cleric of same lvl. Never played a lvl 60+ archer, but would doubt a mage could stand up to an assult from one granted they have no way of removing DPS attacks. In a full-scale war mages can only hope for the fighters to stun the enemy clerics before they have a chance to stun yours. Otherwise the mages will be quickly discarded at that point along with the archers. But that is the class they are not build for 1v1 anyway.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Accepting challegers from any class any level for 1 on 1 .

WIN OR LOSE i'll give u a run for your money

ps: yosei check your personal messages in the outspark forums

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 01-18-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Fighting fighters is actually the easier of the 3 tasks (a mage can dispose of one rather quickly even in no hp/sp battles, and with slow we can kite them to death easily), but when it comes to against archers and clerics we are doomed. Even with our debuff/drain/steal clerics can easily handle them due to our cast time, ps it takes roughly 6 wacks from a cleric to finish a mage off. As with archers... they're the class meant to deal highest damage to a single target and have decent evasion/defense against most classes. (not even rare to see fighters missing them close to 100% of the time).
Old 01-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Quote:
Fighting fighters is actually the easier of the 3 tasks (a mage can dispose of one rather quickly even in no hp/sp battles, and with slow we can kite them to death easily), but when it comes to against archers and clerics we are doomed. Even with our debuff/drain/steal clerics can easily handle them due to our cast time, ps it takes roughly 6 wacks from a cleric to finish a mage off. As with archers... they're the class meant to deal highest damage to a single target and have decent evasion/defense against most classes. (not even rare to see fighters missing them close to 100% of the time).
U haven't fought a good fighter yet have you , saying we are the easiest OMG THIS MAKES ME MAD

Up until level 60 mages are easy pray when 1 on 1, slow yes u will slow the fighter down BUT U DON"T ALWAYS succed in slowing down the Fighter, THE MOMENT u face the fighter U R DEAD 100% i guarantee u that. ALSO keep in mind that while no hp pots is a good rule NO HP stones is ridicolous because YES fighters need to get close while receiving hits. SO no hp stones is a dumb rule to follow, yes at level 60+ if u dont use hp pots or stones yes mages will win against all classes besides Archers prolly, yet if u both use just stones your chances will be close to 0% of winning an equally skilled fighter of the same level.

DON't take this the wrong way, again mages are a great class but they are not meant for 1v1 in wars, they are meant for support fire.

THE HORROS NOW I"M MAD

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 01-18-2008 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
mana burn ftw against clerics
Old 01-19-2008, 04:32 AM   #9
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

Originally Posted by -Leona- View Post
U haven't fought a good fighter yet have you , saying we are the easiest OMG THIS MAKES ME MAD

Up until level 60 mages are easy pray when 1 on 1, slow yes u will slow the fighter down BUT U DON"T ALWAYS succed in slowing down the Fighter, THE MOMENT u face the fighter U R DEAD 100% i guarantee u that. ALSO keep in mind that while no hp pots is a good rule NO HP stones is ridicolous because YES fighters need to get close while receiving hits. SO no hp stones is a dumb rule to follow, yes at level 60+ if u dont use hp pots or stones yes mages will win against all classes besides Archers prolly, yet if u both use just stones your chances will be close to 0% of winning an equally skilled fighter of the same level.

DON't take this the wrong way, again mages are a great class but they are not meant for 1v1 in wars, they are meant for support fire.

THE HORROS NOW I"M MAD
Unfortunately your analysis of my post is inaccurate. As I've mentioned the given scenario is based on the parameter of having hp/sp stone usage restricted, in this case a mage whose cast distance is far greater than a fighter's would easily remove the fighter's potential of casting any spells via a mana burn. From the point on the fighter is left with only regular attacks and plain chasing. With the low level of MDef a fighter posses a mage firing their skills will kill a fighter in 2 rounds, this can be done easily as the fighter won't even reach the mage after the first round of firing (even without slow). Once the mage finishes with the cool down while kiting death is certain for a fighter. I'm not saying that as a class mage> fighter, but within the given scenario the mage will win far easier against a fighter than the other two (archer can fire off shots in roughly the same distance, and given their critical rate and possibly the chance of landing a poison itll be over for the mage, and as for a cleric they simply have better MDef than a fighter with or without sp).
Old 01-19-2008, 04:55 AM   #10
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
IMO, if the mage doesn't kill the fighter before he/she gets to him/her, then that mage is dead.
It would help to kite, but if the mage is stunned then it's pretty much game over due to the fighters' large amount of skills and especially stun.

Hey, btw, what about the mage fear skill? And Mana Burn? I don't think mages are as easy to kill as some people make it out to be. To me, they seem like the PvP King of Fiesta. Mana Burn isn't meant to be used anywhere but in PvP. The Fear skill with I think 20 second stun or something should be very effective. ;O

EDIT //

As with Ethelinde, I agree that she's right with archers. We're meant to take down a SINGLE enemy, not multiple enemies. With our DoTs we can drain away HP and attack from a distance. All we need is an entangle skill .______.

{ enraya ! }

Last edited by Enraya; 01-19-2008 at 04:57 AM..
Closed Thread