Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
cillia
O(≧∇≦)O ~♪

In-Game Name: yufu,Vangel
Current Level: 61, 26
Server: West
cillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura aboutcillia has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cillia Send a message via MSN to cillia Send a message via Yahoo to cillia
Parent "safety"

Im really annoyed at my parents (more like my mom and her bf) because they've been restricting my computer time so much that i barely have time to do anything. Today they just put restrictions on my ipod touch, which was pretty much one of the only ways to do things... now i feel like i have absolutely no power...

i mean, yes, they say they're doing the best for me, no, i really dont think so... i mean... taking away almost every way to contact friends quick and just mess around(this includes siggy making/ amv editing/ anything.. everything that you can do on a computer..) once my mom even TAPED over my ipod touches screen.... seriously... you cant do anything with out the screen... plus taping over it is realy bad for it...

ill type more later when... i stop wanting to punch my parents faces.....

Quote:
96:What's 『マジか』?
97: >>96 are you serious?
98:Yes, I am.
99:that was an answer, not a question

Dragon Nest
IGN: leafie, Xiol
Class: Acrobat, Mystic
Guild: Duality
Server: Velskud (West)
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

First, as a parent, I must ask, "how are your grades? Are you doing your chores? Have there been any issues that brought about the sudden restrictions?"

Parents act on what they think is best for their child at that certain time. It might not be what the child thinks is best and sometimes it is Not what is best. But, they do it out of love, care, concern, any of the above. Rarely do parents do things to their children just for the sheer pleasure of being evil.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Spirit
First, as a parent, I must ask, "how are your grades? Are you doing your chores? Have there been any issues that brought about the sudden restrictions?"

My mom used to nag about that all the time. She couldn't complain too much after seeing that my grades were in perfect order. And now I'm glued to the comp not exactly because I want to be... >.> Ironic.

Anyway, Spirit has a good point with that last bolded question. If that's a negative then perhaps you could try to negotiate. Give them a period of time of you just obeying (yes, it's a pain)... getting off perhaps a couple minutes earlier than they stated. Just keep up a record of good streaks. Then when the time is right ask if you could maybe extend your time on the computer. Perhaps then they'll be a bit more willing. That's just the way I did things anyway... they really can't say no cause you haven't done anything wrong either. :]

I'm not sure about your iTouch... I don't use the phone. I use it for emergencies and to get a ride home (I sound like a grade schooler...). I do think people lately are glued to their phones but then again, it's nothing compared to people in Japan. Hey, if I had a hi-tech phone I'd be playing around just to figure out the functions.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
My Auntie has a similar with my couz.. my couz is about 16.. and to my auntie.. she's constantly going out, thumbing her phone, buried her head to the computer...

she may be doing and chatting on MSN at the same time, but to my aunt that knows nothing about computers, she's just "playing on the computer".

I don't know whether your mum works, but does she see you when you do your school work? Is she only around when you happen to be on your "breaks" and using the internet and things?

Do you turn and look at them when they say stuff to you while you're on the computer... if they feel that they're not getting their respect, I'd think a parent would take away watever's distracting you...

work out a timetable with your parents? Say you'll do work for X - Y hrs, and you should get free time from A - B hrs...?

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
is there a reason that your parents are acting like this? are your grades and stuff down? or are they simply doing this because they feel like it? if it's the latter, then i understand your situation... if it's the first one, i can sympathise with both parties =/
Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by cillia View Post
wanting to punch my parents faces.....

That makes two of us
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
Well I'd wouldn't even let my parents near my iPhone/iPod touch if that was my only way to do things... Heh...

I used to have that problem with my parents too. Eventually they just sort of eased up and aren't in my face any more. I guess they just grew out of the overprotective phase.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #8
Lirange
Bad Kid

Yea.. parents can be a pain,
sometimes there responsible and doing the right thing
but sometimes there just right out stupid.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #9
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Simply put... work before play. I never had issues with being grounded and restrictions when I grew up. I knew what I had to do, and I knew what I couldn't do unless I did them. And it feels so nice when you're done with all your work and you have nothing to do.
Closed Thread