Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah something like that.. I still don't understand all that parole stuff...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Server: Teva
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Yeah something like that.. I still don't understand all that parole stuff...
well, basically, if a criminal is convicted, he has a chance for parole every so many years. he/she then goes on trial again, and tries to prove he/she's either innocent, or has reformed. if they can, they're released, but if he commits any crimes for a certain amount of time, he's sent back.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Is it? I thought it had something to do with being good, and "holidays" and stuff.. =/

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #24
Jikanu
Lizardman

Is it? I thought it had something to do with being good, and "holidays" and stuff.. =/
meh. maybe. im no lawyer. but i think that's it... you get let out early with good behavior, but there's no holidays. not that i know of. and the good behavior doesnt really apply with a life sentence.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #25
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hmm yeah.. a life sentence should mean.. life sentence..

I don't get all the illegal jargon too

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 03-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #26
Jikanu
Lizardman

Hmm yeah.. a life sentence should mean.. life sentence..

I don't get all the illegal jargon too
my mom watches crime shows constantly so i know a bit about it XD
Old 03-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #27
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I think it's fair. IMO, if you kill someone for a reason other than self-defense or protecting someone, you deserve to die also. And it clears out our prisons. Slowly. Very slowly.

People can be wrongfully be convicted and punished, but that's unavoidable in any system.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #28
Jikanu
Lizardman

Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I think it's fair. IMO, if you kill someone for a reason other than self-defense or protecting someone, you deserve to die also. And it clears out our prisons. Slowly. Very slowly.

People can be wrongfully be convicted and punished, but that's unavoidable in any system.
who are we to say who lives or dies? vengeance is not the way to go... an eye for an eye doesnt work. so you kill someone... so they kill you... how is that fair, really? i mean... if you kill, it's wrong, regardless of who it is you kill. there's no reason to kill unless it's to save your life. if you shed another humans blood, it's still wrong...
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #29
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think all heinous crimes should be served out locked up in prison til the day they die or at least on the verge of becoming insane cuz they've been in there so long. And their rights inside that prison should be determined by their mental health (like... if they obviously aren't regretting it, make their time there even harsher).
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #30
Hyper
Sucked back into the 'net

In-Game Name: An occupation
Current Level: 8 hours a day
Server: 4reL-lyfe
Hyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these partsHyper is infamous around these parts
I think that the death penalty should at least be an option for inmates. I would definitely choose it after a while if I was locked up for life with no chance of freedom.

Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
who are we to say who lives or dies? vengeance is not the way to go... an eye for an eye doesnt work. so you kill someone... so they kill you... how is that fair, really? i mean... if you kill, it's wrong, regardless of who it is you kill. there's no reason to kill unless it's to save your life. if you shed another humans blood, it's still wrong...
Law says who lives or dies in this kind of situation. And law is needed in order for society to remain out of chaos.

And please be realistic, if everyone you knew was killed, you would certainly want to have revenge.

Originally Posted by Warning_Shot View Post
That would fall under unethical treatment of prisoners, or torture. I believe the U.S. outlawed torture in federal prisons.
LOL.

Last edited by Hyper; 03-02-2009 at 02:02 AM..
Closed Thread