Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #11
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold

I still think you should not disconnect players who might be afk vending or trying to get titles which require them to remain online for long periods of time...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 AM   #12
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
the timeframe was 2minutes, and the ticker was that the person logged into a server. So the chance being on that list is really low.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
There was a security researcher, Antonio or someone whose name started with "A". He posts up all security related flawes on the internet. He emails the affected companies with the site, and tells them they need to correct it.

Otherwise the method is completely public. Perhaps a similar stance may help you?

Although many people here would yell at me for proposing such a thing, this security researcher proved it works.

Companies are a little more complaint when the method is out in the open, and your telling them to fix it.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #14
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Well if u're really considering to post it out in public.. ithink u should 1st wait and see if Outspark is planning to do anything about it..

have u worked out a way to stop this weakness?? have u told outspark wat they could possibly do? if u dont hv a solution for the problem u should wait longer

i personally dont recommend u (obviously) to post it in public coz that'll just ruin the whole thing for everyone... as it will be more than likely land in MANY bad hands...

a problem could probably be fixed without making it worst for everyone... it'll be very much appreciated if u dont take the dangerous approach.

just because one method "works" doesnt mean its the best way to deal with the problem.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
Well if u're really considering to post it out in public.. ithink u should 1st wait and see if Outspark is planning to do anything about it..

have u worked out a way to stop this weakness?? have u told outspark wat they could possibly do? if u dont hv a solution for the problem u should wait longer

i personally dont recommend u (obviously) to post it in public coz that'll just ruin the whole thing for everyone... as it will be more than likely land in MANY bad hands...

a problem could probably be fixed without making it worst for everyone... it'll be very much appreciated if u dont take the dangerous approach.

just because one method "works" doesnt mean its the best way to deal with the problem.

Unfortunately, Hessah, thats not how companies think. If they believe its a localized problem, then from a corporate stand point its best just to brainwash your clientel, and give the appearance of no problems. In most cases you ignore the problem.

It's a business.

Companies respond to action. If everyone knows how to do it, they will be more pressed to fix it.

This security researcher Luigi Auriemma proved the concept works:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/

Furthermore, its not the job of a security researcher to fix the problem. Only point out the problem. None of us have the fiesta game code, the thing you need to be able to fix the problem.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #16
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
SedaLia is in Goids_of_Guilds, and she just got married to HELLGUNDAM.

Best not be messing with her ^^

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
Alanna
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Cleric_Of_Love
Current Level: 57
Alanna is on a distinguished road
Got all the puppets with their strings up
Fakin' like a good one, but I call 'em like I see 'em
I know what you are, what you are, baby

Womanizer
Woman
-Womanizer
You're a Womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
You, You You Are
You, You You Are

Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #18
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
Wow... I was looking down thinking "hope my name isn't there" also...

But to be honest, although what you did was wrong, the fact remains that it CAN be done, and that is a disquieting thought. The reaction of Outspark to your PM was pretty much expected though :P. Maybe what would make them sit up and pay attention would be if you hacked a GM account . *Maybe* they would listen :P. Of course *DISCLAIMER* I don't condone any sort of hacking, that stuff is bad, very bad!

Either way, expect more expensive additions to the Cash Shop before they deal with this issue ^^.

~Aerythia
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #19
NotMyWay
Dead Tree Soul

In-Game Name: NotMyWay
Current Level: 屰
Server: Epith
NotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to beholdNotMyWay is a splendid one to behold
If its posted in public, it may fall into the hands of the botters who will probably hijack accounts to advertise or hack their gold...

Could you hijack a GMs account and use that account to tell them the security loopholes?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #20
Alanna
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Cleric_Of_Love
Current Level: 57
Alanna is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Aerythia View Post
Wow... I was looking down thinking "hope my name isn't there" also...

But to be honest, although what you did was wrong, the fact remains that it CAN be done, and that is a disquieting thought. The reaction of Outspark to your PM was pretty much expected though :P. Maybe what would make them sit up and pay attention would be if you hacked a GM account . *Maybe* they would listen :P. Of course *DISCLAIMER* I don't condone any sort of hacking, that stuff is bad, very bad!

Either way, expect more expensive additions to the Cash Shop before they deal with this issue ^^.

~Aerythia
Yeah hack a GM account and they find you within mins.
Got all the puppets with their strings up
Fakin' like a good one, but I call 'em like I see 'em
I know what you are, what you are, baby

Womanizer
Woman
-Womanizer
You're a Womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
You, You You Are
You, You You Are

Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer