Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Dragon Eggs

1. If you feel the urge to obtain dragons and want your scroll added here, simply create an incubator - making sure to save the upload as a CDN file, copy the link, and send it to me in a PM. After the first CDN code is sent, you do not have to send it again. When you create a new incubator, it will update automatcially. Just make sure to always upload your new incubator as a CDN. Otherwise, the OP will not update.

How do you save an incunator as a CDN? Read this post

2. Clicks from FiestaFan alone will not keep your eggs/hatchlings alive. You must also do your part. Several sites that are great places to post your eggs/hatchlings are:

- currently, this site is down - this is a mirror site for now. I will let you know when it is working again. http://draco.thorngale.net/

Just make sure to follow their directions.

3. There is also a forum for them if you would like to become involved. http://forums.dragcave.net/

4. Please give each scroll at least 1 click per day and the other owner's of the scrolls will do the same. If you see new eggs on someone's scroll - go the extra distance and click on the eggs to give them "unique views" and clicks".

5. Here are some other links that FF members have found to sites they found interesting.

dragon-cave-growth-chart

egg/hatchling/dragon guide

Also, below the scrolls are FAQs. If you need help, try there first, if you still need help, feel free to ask in this thread.

Happy Dragon Raising.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72

Last edited by Spirit; 03-03-2009 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: redoing layout
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Lady-Loki

Bubs

Manzcar

Destrus

koager

Pebbles

BlackDragonEX

Hessah

ZeroZone

Blaaaaaaaah

cillia

lamchopz

This one is my hubby's, lol.

Perastis

Yosei

Triumph

DiyDiva81

Esen

Zwivix

Presley

Click this one also!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Jennzie

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky

Last edited by Spirit; 04-15-2009 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: 1337 mod h4xx0r-- added a different incubator
Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

All adults/frozens - will move up if new eggs/hatchlings are added. HOWEVER - send me a PM telling me that the incubator has been updated and that you added new eggs/hatchings.

Enraya

Loveless

Last edited by Loveless; 05-08-2009 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Updated scroll :p
Old 01-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Spirit
complete once again

Frequently Asked Questions
Source

Q: What are clicks, views, and unique views?
A: Views, Unique Views, and Clicks are statistics that determine if your egg will hatch and if your hatchling will grow. Views are accumulated every time someone views the actual image of your egg/hatchling/adult. Unique Views are obtained in the same way, except only one unique view is given per egg per person. A "click" occurs when someone clicks on your egg in your signature or wherever you place it, and views the page that contains all of the information about your creature. As with Unique Views, clicks are only given once per person.

Q: Can two different people have scrolls on the same computer/IP?
A: Yes, as long as they are different people. There are many cases of siblings, parents and children, etc, having scrolls on the same IP. But the same person having multiple scrolls is not allowed.

Q: Why does the ink disappear when I try and name a dragon?
A: The name you wish to choose may be taken. There are many named dragons, so simply choose another name. However, you may also see this message if the name you wish to choose contains invalid characters. Names can only contain up to 32 alphanumeric characters, as well as " " (space), "'" (apostrophe), or "-" (dash). Also note that names will disappear if the dragon's number of views does not go up for over 8 weeks.

Q: How do I get my dragons into my post/signature?
A: Click on your account, then click 'Get Code' for that dragon. Then you can pick your code from 3 different types, HTML, BBCode, and BBCode with TinyURL. Chances are you'll want the BBCode versions for use on forums. Take that code then you go to your signature editor. Paste your code in there, and your eggs/hatchlings/adults will appear in your signature! You are not allowed to post your dragons on this forum because it encourages "egg spam"

Q: How do I get an incubator? / What is an incubator?
A: Incubators are images that display all of your eggs, hatchlings, and dragons. They serve no real purpose, but you can place them in forum signatures as an attractive way to draw attention to your scroll. You can create an incubator by clicking "Generate Incubator" on the account page. You can also get a custom incubator from several third-party sites, such as the Incubator Forums. There is an in depth guide as to how to make an incubator here.

Q: Why is my scroll burned?
A: Your scroll becomes burned when your account has been banned. Accounts may be banned for a number of reasons, such as having multiple accounts for a single person or violating the site terms in any way.

Q: What is the wilderness?
A: The wilderness is a page of wild dragons, here. No, you cannot pick up dragons from the wilderness. No, there is no known function, it's just there.

Eggs and Hatchlings

Q: How do I get eggs?
A: A random amount of eggs is produced every hour on the hour. If you visit the cave at the beginning of the hour, you should see up to three eggs. A small amount of eggs may also appear every 5 minutes after that (x:05, x:10, etc) To get an egg, click one of the eggs. If someone else gets the egg first, just keep retrying.

If there are abandoned eggs (which can appear at any time), you can also take one of those. You can take an abandoned egg when you see this text:
"Near the entrance to the cave, there are some abandoned eggs. If you don't want the dragons inside to die, you can take one of those instead."
Abandoned eggs usually have less time left than normal eggs, but by taking one, you gain a 1 day bonus.

Q: Why does the abandoned page block the cave?
A: The abandoned blocks the cave when there are more than 24 eggs in the abandoned page. This system is in place to make sure that eggs are distributed evenly and don't end up sitting there for hours on end. This system works when it has not been turned off for a time - for reasons such as a new, limited time dragon being released. This is not maliciously done by the breeders, it just happens. All you can do is take an egg from there to help clear it out.

Q: How do I get _______ type of dragon?/What egg do I have to get to get _______ dragon?/What dragon will my egg become?/How rare are _______ eggs?
A: Sorry, but you're not allowed to ask that. It ruins the surprise for yourself and possibly others.

Q: How do you abandon an egg/hatchling?
A: If you have had the egg for at least five hours (or bred the egg yourself), click "Actions" on the account page, then "Abandon". Once an egg or hatchling has been abandoned, it cannot be reclaimed.

Q: I can't see the eggs I just bred and abandoned in the list on my dragon's page!
A: It appears to be to prevent people from adopting the eggs by grabbing the codes off the parents' page rather than stalking the abandoned page. They will show up once the eggs are adopted.

Q: Why can't I get another egg?
A: You may not be clicking fast enough to get an egg from the entrance. There is also a limit to the number of eggs and hatchlings you can have at any one time, as follows:

When taking an egg or hatchling:
If you have 4 or more eggs, you cannot take another egg/hatchling.
If you have 4 or more hatchlings, you cannot take another egg/hatchlings.

When breeding an egg:
If you have 5 or more eggs, all bred eggs will be abandoned.
If you have 5 or more hatchlings, all bred eggs will be abandoned.

These are the only limits imposed on the number of eggs and hatchlings. Note that this is not an actual limit on hatchlings, but if you have more than the specified number of eggs or hatchlings, you will not be able to take any new eggs or hatchlings. Killed eggs count to the egg limit for a day to prevent people from killing an egg in order to free up a slot, making the five hour wait to abandon a caveborn egg more desirable than killing said egg.

Q: How many clicks does my egg need to hatch?
A: There is no set amount or set time frame. Hatching is based on a ratio of clicks, views, unique views, and time, so there is no magic number that you must reach. It is entire possible for an egg to hatch with 0 clicks. This doesn't mean that clicks don't help your dragon, but they simply aren't necessary.

Q: My egg is cracking/has a big hole. Is it sick/did it run away?
A: That is perfectly normal. In fact, cracking is a good thing, as it is a sign that your egg is beginning to hatch. An egg with a crack or a hole on it doesn't mean it will hatch, but you're certainly on the right track! The only time a change in the egg's image indicates a problem is if the egg becomes split in half horizontally.

Q: I try to abandon/freeze/kill, but I get "The input does not match the action!", how do I fix it?
A: You need to type the action in ALL CAPS, like it says in the instructions. If you typed the name of your intended action correctly then you clicked on the wrong action and should try again.

Q: How did my egg die?
A: There are several ways an egg can die. The most common is that it ran out of time. From the moment you get your egg, you have 7 days to help it hatch or the egg will not survive. Eggs can also die from soft shells, which can be caused by several different conditions.

Q: Do dead eggs count towards the egg "limit"?
A: Yes, manually killed eggs count for a day. This is to make waiting the five hours to abandon a caveborn egg more desirable than killing said egg.

Q: Why is my egg or hatchling sick?
A: Egg soft shell and hatchling sickness is caused by abnormal conditions in the egg. There are two causes of disease:
• Having more clicks than unique views
• Getting too many views/unique views/clicks in a short period of time.
Removing the sickness is simply a matter of removing whatever conditions are causing it. For example, if your egg has more clicks than unique views, then in order to get rid of the disease, then you need to get enough unique views so that the number of clicks becomes lower than the number of unique views.

Q: What happens if I hide my egg or hatchling?
A: Hiding an egg or hatchling prevents it from being viewed. While hidden, eggs and hatchlings will not receive views or clicks. Hidden eggs and hatchlings will display a "fog" graphic instead of the usual image, and anyone (excluding the owner) who tries to view the egg/hatchling will be unable to. Eggs and hatchlings can still die while hidden, and will not hatch or mature while hidden.

Q: How do I name my hatchlings?
A: From your scroll, click on "actions", then click "Name". You can only do this once, and once done, the name CANNOT be changed, so please make sure that you choose the name you want. Once a hatchling is named it cannot be abandoned. Inappropriate will cause the death of your hatchling or adult dragon.

Q: How/When do I know what my hatchling's gender is?
A: In order to find out a hatchling's gender, you must wait until it is near maturation. At that time, the gender will appear on the dragon's page below its view and click information as well as appearing next to the "hatchling" identification on your scroll.

Q: What is 'Freezing'?
A: If you 'freeze' your hatchling, it will not mature into an adult. However, it will also not die when its 7 day growth period is over. This action is completely irreversible. Frozen hatchlings do not count when taking a new egg or breeding. Also note that frozen hatchlings may still grow, such as gaining wings, but they will not mature into an adult. Frozen hatchlings cannot breed because they are not adults.

Q: What happens when I try to kill my hatchling?
A: It may die, or it may avoid your attack. If it avoids your attack, you must wait another day to try to kill it. The closer it is to maturing, the harder it will be to kill it.

Last edited by Spirit; 01-15-2009 at 05:08 PM..
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

Basic questions about soft shell: Source

Q: Can my egg or hatchling die of soft shell/hatchling sickness?
A: Yes, that's why it is called a sickness and there is a guide on how to cure it.

Q: Can an egg hatch/a hatching grow up while it has the disease?
A: Yes, but you still want to try to cure it to prevent the dragon from dying from the disease before it hatches/grows up.

Q: How do I know if my egg has soft shell?
A: It's easy. A message gets added below the description of the egg:

A similar message appears under a sick hatchling talking about how the dragon isn't eating and isn't moving around.

My egg has soft shell! What kind does it have?
There are two different types of soft shell, it's important to know which you have to be able to treat them. Once you have determined the form you have, look at the cures and preventions for that same form, marked by the letter.
A. More clicks than unique views.

B. Too many views too fast. This happens most often on the first day as an egg or hatchling, but can happen at any time. If your ratios are otherwise healthy and you actually have some views and the like you have this kind of soft shell.

How do I cure my soft shell?
Each type of soft shell has a different treatment:
A. Remove the link part of the code, only posting the image. This will prevent people from giving it any more clicks until the ratio is fixed. This kind of soft shell can heal itself, so it is not so important to treat as long as the ratio is not very bad. If the ratio is 0/0/1 or 0/0/0, just post it somewhere. NEVER hide your dragon if it has this kind of soft shell.

CODE
How you get the code when you copy it from the "getcode" page:

How the code looks when only posting the image:

(the "a" in "image" is replaced with "@" to prevent the filter, do not put that in the real code)

B. Hide the egg for at least a day. Often eggs with this kind of soft shell already have enough views to hatch, so you can hide it for a few days and it will hatch fine.

Now I know how to cure the soft shell, but how do I prevent it from happening again?
Prevention is very simple once you know how.
A. This is most often caused by clicking your egg right after you get it before it gets any views. It can also be caused by giving a direct link to the egg rather than posting the image. Also, if you don't get the code from the "get code" area and end up with a code that looks like Hkg3/1.gif (bad) rather than Hkg3.gif it can cause this. If it has /1 before the.gif the image will not give views when loaded, and so the egg will not be getting views, just clicks. This goes with linking directly to the egg in being the cause of many of the severe cases.
B. Wait for a day or so before posting a new egg if this tends to happen to your eggs. Experiment to find the amount of down time that is right for your eggs, but a day or so is usually good. Remember to try to not get more than 400 views on your first day, 200 or less is best.

Once you have adults: Same source as the Q&A above

Q: I got a male dragon, can I also get a female dragon?
A: Yes, most types of dragons can be either male or female. However, there are a few dragons that can only be one gender.

Q: I released my adult dragon/frozen hatchling. Can someone else pick it up?
A: No, released dragons are not available for others to grab, they go to the wilderness.

Q: How do you breed dragons?
A: The "Breed" action is available on the actions menu for adult, breedable dragons. If you click it, you will be presented with a list of eligible dragons of the opposite gender from your own scroll. Select one of those and breeding will be attempted. Breeding is not always successful, however, and may fail to produce an egg. It it is successful, it may produce up to 4 eggs. If multiple eggs are produced, then you must select one egg to keep and the rest will be abandoned for others to take.

Q: My dragons bred and produced multiple eggs, but I didn't select one. What will happen?
If you don't select which egg to keep within an hour, all but one will be automatically abandoned. If you close the selection page without choosing an egg, all of the eggs will appear on your account page as "held eggs." You can choose one to keep by clicking its "Get Code" link.

Q: Why can't I breed?
A: You cannot breed more than once every week per dragon (Both males and females). You also cannot breed if you don't have any eligible dragons of the opposite gender. Remember that a failed breeding still counts as a breeding and you have to wait a week to try again. Also, the dragon breed with two heads can only breed with dragons of that same breed.

Q: My breeding failed. Will that pair ever breed?
A: The only breeding message that means the pair is incompatible is the message of "the dragons refuse to go near each other". The rest of the messages are simply a fail for that attempt.

Q: Do I still need to get views/unique views/clicks for my adult to survive?
A: No, once a dragon reaches adulthood, it is able to fend for itself and will only die if you kill it yourself or if it is discovered that you are breaking the rules (Such as an offensive/inappropriate name or description). You should note, however, that dragons need to be viewed at least once per eight weeks or their names will be removed due to inactivity. Viewing your scroll from the dragcave.net/account page does not count as a view to keep the name, while viewing it from the dragcave.net/yourusername does count.

Q: What happens if an Adult Dragon dies?
A: It is replaced by a tombstone graphic. The tombstone will be removed from your scroll two weeks after death, similar to dead eggs.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of dragons you can have on your scroll?
A: No, there is no limit to the number of dragons you can have on your scroll.

Last edited by Spirit; 01-15-2009 at 05:13 PM..
Old 01-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Manzcar
WHOOOOOOOOOOS THEEEEEERE!

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: Same as above
Current Level: Manzcar sndy| Elijaz 2x
Manzcar has disabled reputation

new incubator

I picked up an abandoned lil dragon of vines

LOKI Thanks!!

Last edited by Manzcar; 01-15-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: my joke to spirit is no longer valid since she put in Q&A
Manzcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Spirit
complete once again

For those that are interested. You can go check out this site. http://www.dailydragonfix.com

It is a place to help generate clicks for your dragons. HOWEVER, you also have to click on at least 20 of the eggs in there everyday or your eggs/hatchlings get booted.

It is really not hard, the set-up of the site is very easy to follow and they make clicking eggs/hatchlings super easy.

If you need any help with the site just let me know.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
For those that are interested. You can go check out this site. http://www.dailydragonfix.com

It is a place to help generate clicks for your dragons. HOWEVER, you also have to click on at least 20 of the eggs in there everyday or your eggs/hatchlings get booted.

It is really not hard, the set-up of the site is very easy to follow and they make clicking eggs/hatchlings super easy.

If you need any help with the site just let me know.
Just a heads up (for the other blondes out there) - when you sign up at dailydragonfix, where they ask for the scroll name/link or whatever - they only want the name you set up, not the entire link.

I had to try a couple of times before i realized they wanted me to enter Lady-Loki rather than http://dragcave.net/user/Lady-Loki.

And the error returned actually said I had an invalid character in my name or password, but it was really just that I had filled in the entire scroll link.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Updated. I slected the last option so it should automatically update the picture ? xD
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Spirit
complete once again

If you just post the codes to the eggs, they auto-update. Your incubators do not. Or at least i have not figured out how to get them to update on their own yet.