Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #31
Uklyvian
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Uklyvian/Will/Nachito
Current Level: 8x/7x/6x
Server: Teva
Uklyvian is infamous around these parts

Though this thread is not about mages in PvP. A mage that can keep it's distance during a guild war and spam high level spells without much having to worry about hp unless confronted, is going to do well. But a mage that is being homed in on by someone, you stand a much lower chance of success. With most fighters, unless you kill them before they reach you, you are doomed, what with stun and all. A good archer should have been able to snipe you during that guild war and I am surprised it didn't happen. Mages in PvP in all out guild wars can be good, but not at 1v1.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #32
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Mages are invariably the most powerful class if you allow zero stoning.

However, in all other cases mages are pretty much dead meat without a cleric.

Once a mage is stunned it is pretty much over.

Having weak physical defense its unlikely they will be surviving Power hits that deal large amounts of physical damage every 4.2 seconds.

Nevermind we can drastically reduce your already small defense pool by using Fatal Slash.

We can also reduce your dexterity using Immobilize.

Most of our skills deal additional physical damage.

2-Handers skill spam
  1. Fatal Slash
  2. Power Hit
  3. Devastate
  4. Bone Slicer
  5. Immobilize
  6. Power Hit
  7. Vampiric Strike
  8. Precise Attack
  9. Whirlwind
  10. Power Hit
Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #33
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
All the experiences I have had of PvP as a Mage in Fiesta have been just completely depressing. My conclusion is this - we suck at 1v1.

I'd love to sit here and defend my class as I perhaps should do, but invariably I know the truth and to say we even have a chance in 1v1 against equal or even those a few levels lower than us would be a complete lie.

Let me see...

Archers - >.< Alongside pure Str Axes Warriors these have to be the top PvP class (providing they are built right of course). I can't do anything about their DoTs which are far more devastating to a Mage with 1k less health than a Cleric/Fighter the same level. They have high Crit rate naturally with their weapons, no to mention their natual high M.Def. Basically a correctly built Archer should completely own a Mage, even one 5 or so levels below the Mage they are PvPing.

Fighters - Pure Str Axe Warrior vs Mage = pointless. As long as the Fighter knows that stones/pots exist they won't die... everyone goes on about kiting but lets face it, eventually the Fighter is going to get close enough to Stun the Mage. Once that happens it's game over. Once again... this can apply to Fighters 5 levels or so lower than the Mage. Even pure End tanks etc... with a +9 Axe that huge HP boost means that we'll have an even more difficult time killing them... I'm fairly sure I know what the outcome will be. The only successes I have has have been again those PvP with 1h and Shield... 2h also...

Clerics - Who fights a Cleric anyway :P People rant and rave about a sneaky Mana Burn vs a Cleric but at the end of the day if the Cleric has even half a braincell they'll notice and use a Stone. Oh noes! Thats another 3mins or something to wait until you can try that again... Yeah to be fair a Cleric might not kill you but at the end of the day you're pretty unlikely to kill them either... until one of you runs out of stones...

Mages - Mage vs Mage... the outcome is just based on what build and equip you have.

Anyway... we suck at 1v1. End of. No point in denying it. Our PvP skills are a joke (don't know about the 75 and 79 ones though).

Mana Burn - Oh noes the nasty Mage took away my SP! I couldn't possibly use a blue stone or pot! That would be too much!

Purge - Ahhhh! *Cries* The evil Mage took away my scroll! There is no way I could even contemplate rescrolling... no way!

Fear - Ahhhhh the horrible Mage made me run around stupidly for 3 seconds! You have to be kidding if you think I'm going to pot and stone as this happens!

Chain Cast Fear - Ahhh the horrible Mage made me run around stupidly for 3 seconds! Then ZOMG she did it again! You have to be kidding if you think I'm going to pot and stone as this happens!

You get my point :P.

Either way I stay away from PvP. Besides people gang up on Mages since they know they are easy kills. The whole PvP area GM event... everyone was killing the Mages. We were consistently dying and respawning. At the time I was talking about it with 2 other Mages who noticed exactly the same thing happening. Why? Because we're easy kills. Everyone knows that.

I am tired of people going "ZOMG Mages are so overpowered!" Yes we have awesome AoE. How useful is this in PvP? Well unless the person you PvP is blind or incredibly thick, I'm sure they will be able to step out of the area Nova/Inferno drops in. Take that away and what are you left with? Well...

1. The fact that in MD KQ, the dragons ALWAYS chases an Archer when the tank is feared proves their superior DPS on a single target which is what is important in PvP.

2. Me soloing a Trumpy vs. someone the same level with a +9 Axe soloing one. They probably get through 2 in the time it takes for me to get through one :P.

BTW - this is coming from a level 66 Mage. Not a random level 20. Also not a bonky build which might not deal much damage, trust me :P. I'd like to think I know a little of what I'm talking about .

At the end of the day I LOVE being a Mage. I wouldn't be any other class :P. I hate the fact that we suck in PvP but at the end of the day I know Outspark will never change this, so I just have to deal with it. No other choice.

~Aerythia
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #34
BuzZzKiLL
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: BuzZzKiLL
Current Level: Mage 5x Tank6x
Server: Bijou
BuzZzKiLL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuzZzKiLL
i got a 38 mage, pure int with all +int equips and i took on a cleric the same level as me in the 30+ Battle Grounds. downed her with my mana burn and combo, then i looked and saw i had all of MY LEVEL 1 SKILLS on instead of my 6-7 and still won, also ive beaten an archer level 38 wen i was 34-5 quiiiite easily, the only thing that punishes me are fighters with their stun. i dont think there to bad at one on one (o yeah i wasnt buffed out either) especially if thier buffed, with t2 buffs a mage magically turns into a super beast an can take on up to 3 people easy! it may be differ tho for the higher levs cuz more skills, all i kno is its quite easy to kill people 1 on 1 so far from 30-40
Old 02-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #35
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
I've been stunned before and it doesn't affect your ability to use stones or potions so saying we're finished as soon as we're stunned is false. That is, unless, we get ganged up on by several other Fighters, Archers, etc. then we're dead meat but then again, who isn't?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #36
AngellicDiety
Marlone

AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WizardsRequiem View Post
I've been stunned before and it doesn't affect your ability to use stones or potions so saying we're finished as soon as we're stunned is false. That is, unless, we get ganged up on by several other Fighters, Archers, etc. then we're dead meat but then again, who isn't?
It doesn't affect your ability to use stones or potions. Just merely your ability to move. Furthermore, stones and potions have cooldown (except the 100K cash shop item.)

Mages having the weakest defense, stand no chance against a barrage of physical attacks. If I hit shots of 500-700 damage and critical to 2000+, no matter how much you potion or stone, you arent surviving it.

There are 9 skills being spammed in a time frame of 8-10 seconds (8 seconds being the duration of my stun.) Skills like precise attack deal 1000+ additional physical damage on top of the damage of a regular axe attack. Although your armour may pad out the 2000 damage total to 800-1200 of a regular power hit, when it criticals you'll have an interesting time.

Bear in mind, you also have the lowest pool of HP, in addition to your low defense. 1000 damage, or merely 500 damage is a larger chunk of your pool than it is of an archer, cleric, or fighter.

Mages could possibly survive a stun with cleric assistance, or against a non 2-handed user. But you dont realize that the stun is only meant to keep you in place while 9 other attacks reign down on you.

An axe is pretty much the pinicle of physical-power in this game. Its base damage is higher than that of an archers crossbow, and when it is [+9] enhanced its monstrous, nearly doubling its power.

Aerythia hit the problems facing mages right on the spot. Even some of the strongest tanking-built mages on Teva (+9 armour, full-end, etc) still have problems with an axe-skill spam.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 02-21-2008 at 01:33 AM..
Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #37
WizardsRequiem
Mara Pirates

WizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these partsWizardsRequiem is infamous around these parts
That is probably the case for the higher levels but not when it comes to semi-low leveled characters. Like I said, I survived being stunned by a level 30 Fighter who had a level 30 Cleric helping him out. I did die roughly two times but for the most part I dominated their entire Guild.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #38
Molick
Slime

Molick is on a distinguished road
don't put ur self down
i could own any class my lvl {lvl6x ^^} with stones and with out ... Fighter are very easy to kill even if they may have never ending HP ....Archers can b taken down even if they used their buff effects ..and clerics really stand no chance since we mages can take dmg from them

Fear and Chain Cast is the most usefull skill we have. If u use it right u will own in pvp ^^

NOTE : we already no we can not take hits ...so don't try to ^^

Last edited by Molick; 02-22-2008 at 11:23 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #39
AngellicDiety
Marlone

Originally Posted by Molick View Post
i could own any class my lvl {lvl6x ^^} with stones and with out ... Fighter are very easy to kill even if they may have never ending HP ....Archers can b taken down even if they used their buff effects ..and clerics really stand no chance since we mages can take dmg from them

Fear and Chain Cast is the most usefull skill we have. If u use it right u will own in pvp ^^
I would like to see you prove this.

Whenever your ready:

Fighters:
  • Starleona
  • Razil
  • Ioann77
  • AngellicDiety
  • Sinto
  • Wildthing

Clerics:
  • Elfenlied
  • Luserina
  • LoveLove

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 02-23-2008 at 07:04 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
Wow, if that is the case I'd love to watch these fights, maybe I can get some inspriation and not feel so disheartened about Mages in PvP .

Although I forever remain puzzled how Chain Casting Fear makes you win in PvP. Since it all comes down to stone/pot in the end and once that is over... well maybe I am just blind ^^.

~Aerythia
Closed Thread