Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Jennifer6456_
Imp

In-Game Name: Jennifer6262
Current Level: 9xPaladin, 6xScout, 5xCleverFighter, 5xWizMage
Server: Teva,All the other servers, for nubs D:
Jennifer6456_ is on a distinguished road
My Installation issue :c

Erm my compy sorta crashed like about 2 days ago and deleted Fiesta o_o So I've tried to install net 2.0 framework,and fiesta,but it still wouldn't work.

As said on http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9938
I'll make my computer OP,etc D:

(From DxDiag) Operating System (OS):Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
(Also DxDiag) Processor information:AMD Sempron(tm) Processor3000+,MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
(Computer,right click properties)RAM available: 384 MD of RAM
(Computer,right click properties)Graphics information:I don't know this one D:
Nature of your problem:Installation Issue,Uninstalled,Reinstalled,Rebooted,System Restored,Repeated several times,Still didn't work. D: Halp pwease.

Well,here's the screenshot of the problem (Right) And my..computer statistics?(Left)Respond please?._.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
I recommend that you upgrade your .NET Framework to version 3.5 SP1, found here. This will solve any Framework issues for quite a while.

As for RAM, you will find much smoother performance if you upgrade. 384 MB of RAM is sufficient to run Fiesta, yes, but it will be choppy. I personally suggest a 2GB minimum for most games, but this is at your discretion. 1.5GB should be your minimum for reasonable performance, and 3GB will optimize performance. 4GB will be overkill for Fiesta.

Your graphics information can be found with the dxdiag tool as well. It is under the third tab, under "Display." If, by any chance, you are using an onboard graphics chip, it will decrease your Fiesta performance significantly, and the RAM upgrade becomes more important.

I think the Framework is the problem, as it has been an issue in the past for some users. However, others may have a better and/or more accurate diagnosis. My suggestion is that you upgrade to the latest version of Framework, and see if that resolves your issue.

As a side note, there is a third service pack update for XP. It isn't necessary, but I would recommend getting it.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm so thats why Jen is always lagging...T.T need more RAM

Kindda on topic but if you have alot of RAM but your graphics card is from like 2003 would Fiesta run smoothly or will the graphics card hold it back?

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
It depends on the card.

If it was one of the best cards from 2003, it might still be able to somewhat compete. If not, no.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Jennifer6456_
Imp

Thank chus o:
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Jennifer6456_
Imp

Not working..from my last postey thread D:
(From DxDiag) Operating System (OS):Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
(Also DxDiag) Processor information:AMD Sempron(tm) Processor3000+,MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
(Computer,right click properties)RAM available: 384 MD of RAM
(Computer,right click properties)Graphics information:I don't know this one x.x
Nature of your problem:Installation Issue,Uninstalled,Reinstalled,Rebooted,System Restored,Repeated several times,Still didn't work.

Well,here's the screenshot of the problem (Right) And my..computer statistics?(Left)Respond please?._. <---copyed x.x

Old and new screenie >:/

According to my last post...the updated version didn't work well. o.o

Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Merged threads.

If it is the same issue please do not make a new thread and just post in the same one for updated info. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Your graphics chip is an onboard one. This means it is soldered to your motherboard. During peak gameplay, you will technically only have 256MB of RAM dedicated to processing the game, which is NOT sufficient to run Fiesta adequately. Fiesta is a memory hog, consuming an average of 1GB on most systems with 1GB+ RAM.

If your computer is capable of PCI-E x16 expansion, I strongly urge you to upgrade to separate card. There is no nice way to say this, save that your graphics chip will leech memory off your RAM in order to process. 128MB is outdated for any type of modern gaming.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
Jennifer6456_
Imp

D: Thanks for the tips. You can close the thread now.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Closed as per request.
Closed Thread